• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Red Sox: Think they'll blow it?

The Red Sox WON'T blow it this time around. On paper the Cardinals and Red Sox are evenly matched and I think the World Series will go seven games. Boston will win a closely contested game seven at Fenway Park and at long last rid themselves of the "Curse of the Bambino"

the hollywood brother think this is a hard call to make. in one hand you got terry fracona who many baseball insders say is not a great manager plus throw in the curse and you got hard odds to win. now on the plus side, they got Curt Shilling. The hollywood Brother say red sox got chance.

1st. Esteban Loaiza Rulzzz

2nd. c'mon, the soccer is the best sport in the world, mexican league rulzzz

Arriba Los Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz chingao!!!!!!!!

Red Sox in 7, unless Francona uses Pedro Martinez in relief again. Card's bullpen is suspect, and the BoSox seem to have a team that refuses to lose, as opposed to previous teams that would crawl into their shell. Also, small nagging injuires are plagueing the Cards. Unless the Cardinals take the first two in Boston, the curse will be broken. Then my Cubbies can work on killing off the 'Curse of the Goat' next year!

I like your assessment of this years World Series kyhawkeye. I am also a diehard Cubs fan and I would love to see them them erase "the curse" in next year's Fall Classic.

Here's what I'm thinking. Let's pretend that the Sox win the thing. What will happen to the Sox fan? They won't have that "lovable loser" tag anymore and they'll fall apart. Think about it. All they've had for over 80 years is:
"Those damn Yankees! We'll get 'em! Right son?"
"You bet, Pop! Then we'll win the Series god willing!"
The Sox losing has bonded people in Boston for so long, the entire social structure of Beantown will fall apart. They won't know what to do with themselves. They'll either become as obnoxious as Yank fans or they'll be as obsolete as Arizona Diamondback fans.
My point is Sox fans will have nothing if they win the Series. They're done. After that the "lovable loser" tag will be on the Cubs exclusivley.

The Red Sox have been in the World Series four times since 1918, and have lost each one in excrutiating fashion. This will be the fifth WS choke job for the Sox, and the Curse will live on!! In fact, my theory is that the Sox beating the Yanks and then losing in WS is part of the Curse's grand scheme of things: teasing Red Sox nation and heaping more misery on 'em. Long live the curse of the Bambino!

NY Yankees - 26 World Championships since 1918
Boston - 0 World Championships since 1918

Well, if the BoSox win, myabe the city of Boston breaking up is a good thing. For example, maybe they would then stop sending Kennedys to Washington.....😉

But, all seriousness aside, if and when the BoSox win the series, tehy win. Curse is history and then they can start blaming their poor play and managing in the furture on the the fact that they play poor or manage badly instead of blaming 'the curse'.

It wasn't 'The goat' that got the Cubs last year. It was a blown chance at a foul ball by an eager fan, followed by an error by the SS, then a bad pitch by Prior. Was the curse in thier minds? Maybe, but is was poor play that cost them, not some goat or black cat or whatever. I want Boston to win so we can get rid of these silly 'curses' and just play ball.

Bt unfortunatley, the traditions of baseball are from Irish and Catholic backgrounds of many of the earlist palyers, which is why you see so many superstitions in baseball, as one sports historian said. So, we may never be totally rid of them, but maybe we can 'kill' off one of them this year....

(BTW...that is not a slam on the Irish or Catholics....I am of Irish descent. If it is taken that way, my apoliges ahead of time.)

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back