• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

refresh rate

Floyd1

TMF Expert
Why does it take 30 seconds to move from screen to screen in the forums?

Anyone else experience this?

Yeah, it's to try to slow down potential spammers by only allowing one post every 30 secs, I guess.

I think the similar 30 second block on searching is 'cos there are so many people searching, they have to limit how often you can do it.

Floyd said:
Why does it take 30 seconds to move from screen to screen in the forums?

Anyone else experience this?
If you're talking about loading pages hanging for long periods of time, I experience it 100% of the time when using Internet Explorer, with an average page load of over 60 seconds and posting a new thread taking about 3 minutes on a nominal 56k dial-up.

In Firefox, the pages only take about 10 seconds to load and a new thread takes about 20 seconds to post, but I have had connection drops when browsing the board with Firefox if I also have Yahoo Messenger open. (I have had no crashes so far using Firefox and the resource-light Windows Messenger.)

In the past, TT said that some of the board slowdown was caused by search-index "spiders," but I think he changed the coding to eliminate them, which sped things up at the time. I do not know the reason for the current underperformance with Internet Explorer, however.

Best of luck,

MistressValerie said:
If you're talking about loading pages hanging for long periods of time, I experience it 100% of the time when using Internet Explorer, with an average page load of over 60 seconds and posting a new thread taking about 3 minutes on a nominal 56k dial-up.

In Firefox, the pages only take about 10 seconds to load and a new thread takes about 20 seconds to post, but I have had connection drops when browsing the board with Firefox if I also have Yahoo Messenger open. (I have had no crashes so far using Firefox and the resource-light Windows Messenger.)

In the past, TT said that some of the board slowdown was caused by search-index "spiders," but I think he changed the coding to eliminate them, which sped things up at the time. I do not know the reason for the current underperformance with Internet Explorer, however.

Best of luck,

I would assume you guys are using dial-up...
Lucky for me, I have Comcast Cable, giving me the power to do everything here in about 1.5 seconds! 😀

*cough..*

Sorry bout your guys' long loading times. 😉

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back