• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rest In Peace, ODB

SheDevil1

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer

NEW YORK - The rapper O.D.B., a founding member of the Wu-Tang Clan whose erratic behavior and incessant legal troubles made him a figure as wild as his lyrics, collapsed and died inside a recording studio at age 35.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"><CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><CENTER><!-- SlideshowEnd --><!-- endif --></CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The cause of death was not immediately clear, but O.D.B. had recently finished a prison sentence for drug possession and escaping a rehab clinic. He had complained of chest pains before collapsing Saturday, and was dead by the time paramedics arrived, said Gabe Tesoriero, a spokesman for O.D.B.'s record label, Roc-a-Fella.

O.D.B. would have turned 36 on Monday.

From his first appearance in the early 1990s, O.D.B. — also known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, Dirt McGirt, Big Baby Jesus or his legal name of Russell Jones — had an unorthodox delivery that stood out even in the nine-man Clan, which featured such future stars as Method Man, RZA and Ghostface Killah.

The Wu-Tang blueprint was for each member to pursue solo projects, and O.D.B.'s were among the best. He released hit singles such as "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" and "Got Your Money," and appeared on remixes with artists like Mariah Carey.

"There's nobody like him in the game," RZA told The Associated Press in an April interview, when asked if O.D.B. could resume his career after prison. "He's got a lot of problems he's got to iron out, of course, but as far as a one-of-a-kind person, a one-of-a-kind artist, he's one of a generation, one of a lifetime. He's a very rare commodity."

But as his fame increased, so did his erratic behavior, and fans came to expect the unexpected from O.D.B.

When MTV News followed him around at the height of his popularity, he took the camera crew and several of his kids (he was said to have more than a dozen, by numerous mothers) to the welfare office — in a limousine — to get an allotment of food stamps.

And he received them.

In February 1998, he crashed the stage at the Grammy Awards and hijacked a microphone from singer Shawn Colvin (news) as she accepted an award, apparently upset over losing the best rap album Grammy to P. Diddy (then known as Puff Daddy (news - web sites)). He complained that he spent a lot of money for new clothes because he thought he was going to win. The rapper later apologized.

Over the years, he was wounded in shootings and arrested on a veritable laundry list of charges, including menacing security officers, illegally possessing body armor, driving with a suspended license, shoplifting and threatening a former girlfriend.

O.D.B. is the latest in a string of rappers to meet an untimely death, among them Jam Master Jay of Run DMC, who was fatally shot in late 2002, and Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur, who were both shot to death in the late 1990s. Those killings remain unsolved.

In 2000, after escaping a court-ordered stint in a California rehabilitation center, authorities searched for O.D.B. for a month. He was finally arrested in Philadelphia — three days after performing in a New York City concert with his Wu-Tang clique.

He was sentenced in 2001 to two to four years in prison for drug possession, plus two concurrent years for escaping from the clinic. He was released in 2003 and immediately signed with Roc-a-Fella.

He heralded his return with a news conference alongside singer Carey — pop fans may know him best for his memorable cameo on her hit "Fantasy," featuring rhymes like "me and Mariah, go back like babies with pacifiers."

His mother, Cherry Jones, said she received the news of her son's death in a phone call, which she called "every mother's worst dream."

"To the public he was known as Old Dirty Bastard, but to me he was known as Rusty. The kindest most generous soul on earth," her statement said. "Russell was more than a rapper, he was a loving father, brother, uncle, and most of all, son."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tesoriero said O.D.B. had been working on his comeback album for more than a year and was almost finished.

"Russell inspired all of us with his spirit, wit, and tremendous heart," Roc-A-Fella founder Damon Dash said in a statement. "The world has lost a great talent, but we mourn the loss of our friend."

<!-- TextEnd -->

----original source----
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041114/ap_on_en_mu/obit_odb
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You know, i posted that yesterday on the Tickling Media Forum...and these assholes on there made fun of him..wtf..the man died and you are gonna make fun of him? Main reason i am almost completely back to TT for good. sad what the world has come to... RIP ODB.

Yeah, I like Wu-Tang Clan, especially ODB. I never really bothered to post on the TMF, I came there, looked at their forums and pretty much said fuck it, this one seems better lol.

theres a handful of good ppl on that forum. not nearly enough. This place is kickass, love the ppl on here. I made it official..IM BACK for GOOD!

Just to make it clear... i cannot stand rap. BUT, like naveltklr1350 said, it's still too bad what happened to him.

R.I.P Dirt McGhirt . . . music has lost yet another character. :sigh:

i just posted my disgust of the TMF members on their site..they really upset me with comments made over the odb death

I'm clearly alien to this: when I read ODB I thought of Oreste Del Buono, italian journalist...

Nevermind.

lol Kalamos 🙂

Yeah sad cause it was a great..........rapper indeed
i'm not too much into rap but the little i heard of Wu-Tang Clan is quite good.
and
I can't understand why that makes people on tmf laugh about it..........it's really crap.

well it wasnt all the TMF..but it was ppl like Neutron, redindian and dr bill who stated the most. Neutron is most known to overkill his popularity. I hate him. He knows it. Red Indian just hates America. dr bill just referred to him as a new age american poet..then laughed..but still, no need to laugh..really pissed me off.

People are asses, what do you expect. When they view 'rap music' as a whole, all they see are those morons who wear 3 Rolex watches but can't tell time. They don't know any better. Just like, when I think of 'rock music', I think of drunk white guys with too many tattoos and piercings screaming really loud obscenities into a microphone. Hey when I put it that way, the only real difference between the two is skin color! 😛

i listen to all types of music..i mean everything..cd player rocks out from sinatra to 50cent..so when a musician dies..so does part of me. I love music. When they dissed on ODB and now Tupac, i snapped..i called each and everyone of them "Mf"ers and flat out told them how it was gonna be and the TMF goes and locks my post and deletes everything i said..F**K them TOO!

Well what do you expect? They're bitches. I wouldn't be surprised if they banned you next. Then you know what you do? Start harassing the shit out of them by using a proxy and making multiple accounts. Lol.

I'm not much of a rap fan but I did like some of wu-tang and O.D.B's music. Too bad he couldnt live to turn 36 or even 86.
also i turn 20 on monday at 12:05 am if anyone cares to know! 😀

RIP ODB :sigh:

Yeah...too bad TMF is being asses about my post over there and deleting all my stuff..i see their true colors. fuck em.

happy early 20th b-day NF666.

the hollywood brother is not a rap fan but agress with the points made here. It is unfortunate that this gentleman in question made a name for himself by being drunk at some award show. It is also ashame that ODB broke some laws as a public person which the hollywood brother think runied his reputation but the bottom line is ODB is still human and when a human dies, it hurts.

What do you mean "a shame". That's how ODB does things! Lol. That's a part of what made him a unique character that will make him immortal through his music.

SheDevil said:
By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer

NEW YORK - The rapper O.D.B., a founding member of the Wu-Tang Clan whose erratic behavior and incessant legal troubles made him a figure as wild as his lyrics, collapsed and died inside a recording studio at age 35.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"><CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><CENTER><!-- SlideshowEnd --><!-- endif --></CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The cause of death was not immediately clear, but O.D.B. had recently finished a prison sentence for drug possession and escaping a rehab clinic. He had complained of chest pains before collapsing Saturday, and was dead by the time paramedics arrived, said Gabe Tesoriero, a spokesman for O.D.B.'s record label, Roc-a-Fella.

O.D.B. would have turned 36 on Monday.

From his first appearance in the early 1990s, O.D.B. — also known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, Dirt McGirt, Big Baby Jesus or his legal name of Russell Jones — had an unorthodox delivery that stood out even in the nine-man Clan, which featured such future stars as Method Man, RZA and Ghostface Killah.

The Wu-Tang blueprint was for each member to pursue solo projects, and O.D.B.'s were among the best. He released hit singles such as "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" and "Got Your Money," and appeared on remixes with artists like Mariah Carey.

"There's nobody like him in the game," RZA told The Associated Press in an April interview, when asked if O.D.B. could resume his career after prison. "He's got a lot of problems he's got to iron out, of course, but as far as a one-of-a-kind person, a one-of-a-kind artist, he's one of a generation, one of a lifetime. He's a very rare commodity."

But as his fame increased, so did his erratic behavior, and fans came to expect the unexpected from O.D.B.

When MTV News followed him around at the height of his popularity, he took the camera crew and several of his kids (he was said to have more than a dozen, by numerous mothers) to the welfare office — in a limousine — to get an allotment of food stamps.

And he received them.

In February 1998, he crashed the stage at the Grammy Awards and hijacked a microphone from singer Shawn Colvin (news) as she accepted an award, apparently upset over losing the best rap album Grammy to P. Diddy (then known as Puff Daddy (news - web sites)). He complained that he spent a lot of money for new clothes because he thought he was going to win. The rapper later apologized.

Over the years, he was wounded in shootings and arrested on a veritable laundry list of charges, including menacing security officers, illegally possessing body armor, driving with a suspended license, shoplifting and threatening a former girlfriend.

O.D.B. is the latest in a string of rappers to meet an untimely death, among them Jam Master Jay of Run DMC, who was fatally shot in late 2002, and Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur, who were both shot to death in the late 1990s. Those killings remain unsolved.

In 2000, after escaping a court-ordered stint in a California rehabilitation center, authorities searched for O.D.B. for a month. He was finally arrested in Philadelphia — three days after performing in a New York City concert with his Wu-Tang clique.

He was sentenced in 2001 to two to four years in prison for drug possession, plus two concurrent years for escaping from the clinic. He was released in 2003 and immediately signed with Roc-a-Fella.

He heralded his return with a news conference alongside singer Carey — pop fans may know him best for his memorable cameo on her hit "Fantasy," featuring rhymes like "me and Mariah, go back like babies with pacifiers."

His mother, Cherry Jones, said she received the news of her son's death in a phone call, which she called "every mother's worst dream."

"To the public he was known as Old Dirty Bastard, but to me he was known as Rusty. The kindest most generous soul on earth," her statement said. "Russell was more than a rapper, he was a loving father, brother, uncle, and most of all, son."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tesoriero said O.D.B. had been working on his comeback album for more than a year and was almost finished.

"Russell inspired all of us with his spirit, wit, and tremendous heart," Roc-A-Fella founder Damon Dash said in a statement. "The world has lost a great talent, but we mourn the loss of our friend."

<!-- TextEnd -->

----original source----
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041114/ap_on_en_mu/obit_odb
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Man... That really sucks. The baddest always seem to be the best and the deepist and before they can fly high enough, their shot down, swatted out of air by the cruel hand of fate. Sometimes life as a human really sucks.

My sympathies go out to Russell's family and friends, especially his dear mother. No parent should ever have to loose a child.

Regards, The Bluedog

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back