• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

rest in peace Pope John Paul II

Duke Diablo said:
Although I am an atheist, I had respect for that man. So, let this one be my last hail to that man: Rest In Peace. You deserve it.

You share my standpoint. He was an amazing fellow. Rest In Peace.

I knew nothing about him, and until recently only knew he was called the "Pope." I must say, I don't feel the need to go out and learn his life story now that he's died. People die -- this man has no more need for this kind of attention, than the millions dying in third-world countries.

Get over it.

John Paul II did a great many things to improve and change the world as we know it. He saw and personally helped bring down Communisim in Europe. As a died in the wool Protestant, I had high respect for all that he did and, more importantly, all he withstood.

Sad to hear you having such a cynical outlook on people's lives and deaths, Drago. Remembering the lives and works of others serves to inspire others to carry on great works,or even start them. John Paul II was one who CHAMPIONED those people in third world countries. Many didn't die because of the work of people like him.

Amen, Brother Hawk!

Your measured and civil response to the previous post is infinitely preferable to the tirade I was about to unleash, so I'll just tamp it down, say my prayers and go to bed.

oriyaborealis said:
http://www.digifan.nl/forum/uploads/post-13-1112633125.jpg

also a friend quote

"why are people bring posters and photos to the area where the pope's body is passing through.
it's not like he's signing autographs today."

oh am i going to get an earful for this one

That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile. Thanks for posting that!

Your measured and civil response to the previous post is infinitely preferable to the tirade I was about to unleash, so I'll just tamp it down, say my prayers and go to bed.

Sounds like you had a line of incoherent gibberish written down, out of anger, and then got too lazy to complete it. Then you noticed someone else had written a better response and decided just to reply to that instead. I commend you, sir.

---

No time to respond to the other post, will do it later.

Last edited:
Drago69 said:
Get over it.

I just found this thread, having not been online much in the last couple of weeks. I just wanted to reply to this comment before sharing my own thoughts.

Drago - Peace, bro! You say "Get over it." But, what you apparently don't understand is that we are celebrating him, not mourning him. Just as we would celebrate any other man who has touched our lives. If you don't share our appreciation of this man, that's cool. But, please allow us our celebration.

As for my own thoughts... I loved this man. I am not ashamed at all to say that. I was blessed to have seen him once...an experience I'll always cherish. I don't know how many folks here have ever had the experience of being in someone's presence and knowing....really knowing...that you are in the presence of someone special, someone great. I am confident that he is with the Lord he loved so much. I thank the Lord for the gift he gave us in JP2. I only pray that our next pope will be even half as good and effective as he was.

Ann

Last edited:
tklduo-ann said:
I just found this thread, having not been online much in the last couple of weeks. I just wanted to reply to this comment before sharing my own thoughts. Peace, bro! You say get over it. But, what you apparently don't understand is that we are celebrating him, not mourning him. Just as we would celebrate any other man who has touched our lives.

As for my own thoughts... I loved this man. I am not ashamed at all to say that. I was blessed to have seen him once...an experience I'll always cherish. I am confident that he is with the Lord he loved so much. I thank the Lord for the gift he gave us in JP2. I only pray that our next pope will be even half as good and effective as he was.

Ann

Exactally. We arn't mourning his death, we're celebrating his life and how much he's done for this world!

I've of course already said my peace, but heres another post I made on the TMF, in a thread Ann made for this. I think my posting it further solidifies that this is in fact a joyous event, not a sorrowful one. If he were any other person it might not be so. But he is an extrodinary man, and so was afforded the honor of a holy death.

"I'll concur with Ann that it is no coincidence that he passed over on a holy day, the feast of the Divine Mercy, that he himself made an important event and one of significance.

He is (I would rather not refer to him in the past tense, as he is very much alive and watching down on us with a smile and blessings, especially to those who pray for his intercession) one of the most compassionate, understanding and wise men of our times. He managed to stay completely faithful to the church's teachings, and also managed to reach out to a new generation and collapse and break the iron grip of a tyranny in parts of the world. And yet, in his earlier days he was a man of sports and was at one time an actor and playwright, a poet and skier.

And he has a sense of humor.

He has a special connection to the youth of the world, and some of his last words on this earth were to them.

He is a man who is very accepting and accomidating of different religions and faiths, believings its very important that you have faith. He embraced the world and it's sorrows as he knew and grew up with them. He is a humanitarian. He is a humble man who seeks out God wherever He may be. And now that he is at home with the Lord, he need look no further.

His passing was not one of sorrow and pain, but one of joy and celebration (he also would not want us to be in dispair either). Many pray for the repose of his soul, and rest assured God has already taken him up in rightful place among the courts and presense of the Father. Our prayers of faith and intercession are still all the more important however and I openly encourage people to do so.

I think that in a physical death, the Pope's death has opened many more people's hearts to love and truth and made a profound impact on them. He always had a presense whereever he was. He made people weep merely by speaking or walking/riding past them, and to those whom had a personal encounter with him, will be blessed forever by it.

He is truely a pious man, wise and humble, full of love for all of God's creatures. He did not represent just catholism, not just christianity as a whole, but goodness, and good works and will towards our fellow man.

He has left an awesome example of how to live in Christ no matter what level of connection you have to Him. He has shown the religious and non-religious alike what the true calling of God is and how that can be lived out on this temporal earth of ours.

I could not be prouder to be a Roman Catholic, and I could not be prouder of Karol Wojtyla. May God continue to bless him, and may we never forget him and the legecy he has left us. And, may we someday all get to meet and embrace him in paradise. Amen amen, allelujah allelujah!"

Did anyone watch his funeral mass last night? It was truely beautiful. I'm glad I watched it. I practically feel blessed for it. It was even more assurance and more faith. To see all those people, and all those priests, bishops, cardinals and religious and kings, queens, princes, princesses and world leaders together as one, even just for this time was really something.

All for this wonderful, beautiful man. I'm so happy. It was a beautiful day in Vatican City, no rain (even though it was expected multiple times), everything was at peace and was bright, as if it was made to be in advance just for the Pope. How wonderful. I don't think it could have gone better than it did. :happy:

Last edited:
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back