• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Road kill used for fuel

stdave1

TMF Poster
I read an article recently where a German guy used garbage and dead cats to fuel his car. Although it's illegal in Germany, I was just thinking instead of cremating your dead fido or fuffy you could use the dog/cat to help with the energy crises, (just kidding!). Any thoughts on this?

You're been reading alot of "articles" recently and sharing them only by word of mouth. And as a result none of them have been completely accurate or have let us know whats really going on. Are you ever going to give quotes, sources, links or references? I'm not bashing what you're doing, thank you for doing it, but as the deliverer of the news, its your job to lend credibility and proof to your statements. Valerie or other people shouldn't have to be the ones to do that job for you (though I'm sure no one minds it).You'd really hit the ground running if you prepared your initial posts in advance. It immediately makes for better conversation and expressing one's thoughts if one is linked to the material from the getgo so they can form both a valid opinion on it specifically, and in general, rather than having to wait for someone to post sources or having to do it on their own because its news to them.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but thats what I think would help you, and you'd be doing us a favor when you deliver this news. If you're going to bring up world news and topics in the news, you might as well go out of your way to report on it. TTC could use it's own official reporter, maybe its you. 🙂

Last edited:
According to cnn.com, the inventor says that the story was misreported in the original German newspaper.

Inventor denies dead cat fuel story

Thursday, September 15, 2005; Posted: 10:41 a.m. EDT (14:41 GMT)

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A German inventor said he has developed a method to produce crude oil products from waste that he believes can be an answer to the soaring costs of fuel, but denied a German newspaper story implying he also used dead cats.
Full story at http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/14/germany.catfuel.reut/

Toad Away

I see that he denies using dead cats, but never states categorically that they couldn't be used. Perhaps with the proper cat-alytic converter....

And he says the "odd toad" may have gotten into the mixture. No doubt this would help if the engine needed a jump start.

Sorry Dracula, if I post anymore news clips I'll give you guys the link or source. As for them being true or half true, I'll leave it to you guys to read and decide for yourself.

stdave said:
Sorry Dracula, if I post anymore news clips I'll give you guys the link or source. As for them being true or half true, I'll leave it to you guys to read and decide for yourself.

No need to apologize. Otherwise, sounds good. Thanks. 🙂

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back