• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Scheduled Upgrades (Part II)

TickleTheater

2nd Level Orange Feather
This news update is to inform you of upcoming scheduled upgrades, and address some issues you may be experiencing.

As you know there have been talks since early August about updating our board software, and overall site presence. The plans have not been abandoned, and they will take place over the next few days. We still are accepting logo submissions, and I thank all those who have submitted theirs already.

We are also moving the site. I know, I know, you hear this every few months but I promise this is the last time for quite awhile. This move will help satisfy the growth potential of this community, and will resolve the current stability issues experienced when there are more than 150 people browsing the site.

Starting tonight, the changes to the domain which involve pointing to the new nameservers will occur. It will then take between 24 - 72 hours for the changes to be recognized.

More stuff...

Backup Cut-off
Right now I am testing the backup and moving procedure required to move this site. It is an exhaustive process that takes several hours due to the file sizes we must transfer.

There will be a backup taking place tonight at midnight (CST) where it usually starts to settle down. After which the file will be transferred to the new server for setup. So any new post/attachment, private message, or registration will not be saved after that time period.

New Registrations
If you've been trying to register a new account on the site over the past few days you may notice there is a moderation period. This means we have to manually accept your registration, and the reason we're doing this right now is due to spambots registering bogus accounts.

So in order to have your registration processed, you must e-mail (tickle [at] tickletheater.com) me with your username so you can be approved. After two weeks, any pending members will be deleted since it's so difficult to determine which were registered by a human, and which by a machine.

There are plans underway to resolve this.

Server Specs
In case you were wondering why this move will be the last for awhile, here are the specs on this new beast:

- Dual 2.8GHz Xeon Processors
- 1GB RAM
- 2x 120GB Hard Drives
- Plenty of bandwidth

Should run like a dream. 😀

Awesome, TT. Thanks for the warning. I know lat time we moved a lot of posts were lost because people posted after the backup. Is it possible to completely shut off posting during the move so things are not lost?

If Vbulletin is the same as phpBB then all he has to do is disable the board temporarily.

Ooooo....the new server looks nice it does.....O.O

Yes, after some thought I will be disabling the site for the move to ensure everything transfers smoothly with no data loss. As the bright red announcement states, the site will be turned off at 12am tonight which is just under 2 hours from now. 🙂

You guys have it easy, I'm the one staying up late looking at black and white SSH prompts. Feeling sleepy already! 😛

awwww poor TT! As a show of solidarity I will stay up through the night eating chips and watching the Olympics. 😛

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back