• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

School closed due to lack of gasoline?!

TKLVR181

Level of Lemon Feather
Oh my GOSH, I went to school today only to be greeted by a locked door with a sign on it that said that my community college will be closed for two days because nobody can afford to GET to school, including teachers!:shock: The gas shortage is THAT bad. My grandmother says that this has never happened in HER lifetime, and she's 65...my questions is, how bad is it getting where you are?

~K

We've had strikes and rushes and boycotts and protests before, but never shortages to this extent. I'll be curious to find out if this is a local or national thing.

There is no fuel shortage around here. I've talked to several station owners. They say they up prices when everyone else does, not because there is any shortage.

yikes....it's a national thing in certain parts of the country..and the blame is on the recent hurricanes..however i'm wondering..we've been hit by major hurricanes before..and never had a shortage of gas like this..i wonder if it will effect (affect grr i never know which is the right word) the air travel industry as well in the future..

i tell you we are headed down an economic catastrophe...it's a bit scary..

Stations around here upped prices before the hurricanes hit and then blamed it on the hurricanes. I'm not really buying that excuse.

Being relatively close to where Senshi lives, I've experienced pretty much what he has.

Strikes and "Slow Downs" on the motorways (which ironically burns a lot more petrol than a normal trip down the motorways... >.>) and price rises, but never a shortage. :l

Haven't seen any signs of a shortage, but several government offices of the state of Arkansas adopted a 4 day work week so people wouldn't have to burn so much gas getting to work.

I haven't seen signs of shortage her in Utah either. Price gouging on the other hand...

There have been diesel shortages as well in the U.S. All trucks that were made in 2007,or 2008,can only use ultra low sulphur diesel My truck was made in 2006
Some of the truck stops "ran out" of that kind of diesel "due to the hurricanes" A truck stop in Orangeburg,SC,was limiting all diesel sales to 100 gallons yesterday :yowza:

Here there's no real signs of shortage, though the prices shoot higher and higher.

Luckily, I live 5 mins from my college and in center of town, so I almost don't ever use the car.

Where you live, Senshi? Only shortages If youre in the US, you must be in one of the 'cane blasted areas.

CJ

On a second thought, all of this chrisis could be easily avoided in case we go on to using natural gas... I mean, people fart all the time, let's make use of it.

On a second thought, all of this chrisis could be easily avoided in case we go on to using natural gas... I mean, people fart all the time, let's make use of it.

:laughing:

No shortages here (Hawaii) for cars, but definitely shortages for planes. A hefty percentage of flights in and out of here had been slashed and burned, and the price for a ticket here is just a level below insane...not to mention the recent disintegration of Aloha Airlines. Our tourism industry is really being battered hard by the gas situation. Though we aren't finding "sorry, we're closed" signs on our schools, we are finding them on airport terminals.

O_O Airport terminals?? NOOOO!! Senshi has to USE one of those to get over here in a few months!! >___<

He's in the UK, so they're nto quite as affected as we are--though I'm up in NC, nowhere near where Gustov and Ike hit, so that might be it, but it's a serious trickle (I said tRickle, people😛) down affect if it is.

~K

Where you live, Senshi? Only shortages If youre in the US, you must be in one of the 'cane blasted areas.

CJ

Yesh, I live in a fairly compact Welsh town. So although petrol here is £6 ($12) a gallon, the travelling you have to do is minimal, so it doesn't work out quite as expensive.

(The problem is, I work twelve miles away, so that sometimes is a bit of a nuiscance)

Last edited:
Yesh, I live in a fairly compact Welsh town. So although petrol here is £6 ($12) a gallon, the travelling you have to do is minimal, so it doesn't work out quite as expensive.

(The problem is, I work twelve miles away, so that sometimes is a bit of a nuiscance)

Gee whiz... $12 a gallon?!? 😵;; Minimal driving or not, that's pretty darn insane!!

Yeah, it is a bit rubbish. XD But sometimes in the states you have to drive fifteen miles for milk. >_<

Heh, seriously. And since the markets are so screwed up now, once you get to the milk, you'll see the price of that outrageously high, as well.

Well, here in Hawaii, anyway. Another big problem for us...since we rely heavily on imports and such...and fuel costs for shipping our groceries here to the islands...it's not uncommon to see a gallon of milk cost over $10. For a gallon of milk!!

Heh, seriously. And since the markets are so screwed up now, once you get to the milk, you'll see the price of that outrageously high, as well.

Well, here in Hawaii, anyway. Another big problem for us...since we rely heavily on imports and such...and fuel costs for shipping our groceries here to the islands...it's not uncommon to see a gallon of milk cost over $10. For a gallon of milk!!

Jesus that's really high for a gallon of milk!It's only like 3-5 dollars over here in Louisiana

It's $3.45 a gallon here in Massachusetts. No shortages here.

Heh, then you take into account the shipping cost, and there it is, right back up to $10. x)

Have you considered any of the soy or other imitation milk-type goop? I hear they're really quite good.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back