• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Secret Admirer (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Here's Lt. Maya Ibuki (Neon Genesis Evangelion) checking her personal mail at her control panel at NERV HQ during a work break. It seems she has a secret admirer whose sent her a messege, and at this point remains anonymous. It could have come from any personel working within NERV. Who is it? More to come....(if I get around to it...)

This picture was drawn with a mechanical no.2 pencil, and then colored with prismacolor pencils with a little touch up in PSP7. (This is the first time I've used them and the first time I've used colored pencils in years, so I'm looking forward to making the most of them in the future ^^ )

Artwork by & © Damien Jones

Maya Ibuki & Neon Genesis Evangelion © Hideaki Ano

Attachments

• Secret Admirer.jpg
    Secret Admirer.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 87
Thats really good man, I always liked Maya. Back in art college me and my friends actually had a full day marathon and watched the ENTIRE series beginning to end.......BEFORE THEN I USED TO BE NORMAL!!! 😛 No but seriously it like broke my brain and for days after I just acted really wierd....

Cheshire_Cat_21 said:
Thats really good man, I always liked Maya. Back in art college me and my friends actually had a full day marathon and watched the ENTIRE series beginning to end.......BEFORE THEN I USED TO BE NORMAL!!! 😛 No but seriously it like broke my brain and for days after I just acted really wierd....

(I think I'm going to get into the habit of quoting people more often, because its happening more and more that I'll post just a second late and someone posts before me, and theres a confusion and the person above me thinks I was talking to them, etc., so I hope quoting because of this doesn't bother anyone.)

Anyways, thank you. 🙂 I LOVE Maya. Its a shame they didn't delve more into her character. She's that cute, girl next door with the almost tomboy haircut. Although her's has a slightly feminine appeal to it when it tapers at the end like that. LOL...anyways, yeah. I've watched this series...I don't know how many times through, and each time theres something new to learn or a different way to look at a scene or something.

Every one of my friends has dubbed me their expert source on all things Evangelion. Everyone comes to me for answers, explainations, etc. I find it really odd actually, since its not complicated at all if you're paying attention and looking past the surface. If I've ever been a geek or nerd about anything, its got to be Neon Genesis Evangelion. LOL 😛

Oh my, I dearly love the Evangelion girls! This is a sweet moment, featuring the patented blush you do so well. The colored pencils yield nice textures... pleasing softness to the cloth and facial features; hard metalic sheen to the seat back; a glassy sparkle to the collar decoration. Very nice! I hope you do choose to explore this series further.

Littlebighead said:
Oh my, I dearly love the Evangelion girls! This is a sweet moment, featuring the patented blush you do so well. The colored pencils yield nice textures... pleasing softness to the cloth and facial features; hard metalic sheen to the seat back; a glassy sparkle to the collar decoration. Very nice! I hope you do choose to explore this series further.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. 🙂 I'm glad I was capable, after so long of not having used colored pencils...

As for more Evangelion, oh hell yeah there will be more (and because the number of girls are plentiful, theres sure to be some tickling situations). This is my favorite anime series afterall, and I own the dvd perfect boxset collection and several other Eva products. In fact, when I first started my yahoo group, Maya was one of the first few characters I drew and uploaded there. Maya has always been special to me and I really enjoy drawing her. But my favorite Eva pilot is Asuka Langley, hands down. Theres just so much of her in myself that I can't help but cheer for her, especially in her final battle in the End of Evangelion. That was really touching and it almost made me cry, and I definitely want to capture her essence later on by drawing some of those scenes.

This series just gives me so much energy. I'm fortunate to be a part of it as an otaku. 🙂

But my favorite Eva pilot is Asuka Langley, hands down.
Oh, yes! Mine too. Poor Shinji and Rei are so beaten down and dour and fatalisitic... it's Auska who possesses the sassiness and love of life. If she's often the butt of humor, it's because she can take the blow without shattering. There's an underlying sweetness to Auska that the others are too remote to convey.

Asuka has overcome such a hardship as well. Shinji runs away at first, and Rei (Wonder Girl as Asuka calls her) doesn't really know who she is so doesn't know how to view life. Asuka is the life of the trio, and the other two round out her character nicely. They all compliment eachother, even the adults.

I particularly like the business relationship Commanders Ikari and Fuyutski have. When they aren't at battlestations or at the command station they still have this casual friendship despite the huge responsibility and browbeating they recieve from Seele. On duty one is very moral and one is willing to do anything to succeed. They're almost polar opposites of eachother and thats nice as it sort of represents the conscience of Nerv and what it decides to do.

Then of course theres Kaji. Who doesn't like Kaji?

Last edited:
Nice pic. I like the shine effect in the eyes and hair. This is such an emotional series that makes you cry and think.

Thanks. Yeah, it is a great show but you have to pay attention to get it otherwise alot of things will just go over your head. Theres so much hidden and implied symbolism. This series is so multi-layered and multi-faceted, its outstanding for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back