• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Sith" Fans Maimed In Light-Saber Mishap

Interesting story -- thanks for posting it.

These people foolishly tried to create real, illuminated "light sabers" for videotaping, using fluorescent light tubes filled with fuel, which eventually exploded. I believe that in Star Wars the actors used foam swords for the actual filming, with the glowing effect added later in the editing room.

I hope that the victims of this horrible accident will recover. As a youngster, I was always taught that the light tubes are dangerous; they not only can shatter easily, but they also contain a toxic powder that is harmful if inhaled.

It brings to mind a quote from the movie SNATCH.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."-Bullet tooth Tony.

lol, gasoline with electric flashlights.... sooo stupid... i mean.. why? why not water? why have any liquid in it? i'm not a star wars super geek, but the toy lightsabers woulda done fine for me.

They will probably sue LucasFilms for 75 million dollars now,since they did'nt put the disclaimer on the begining scroll"Do not fill glass objects with explosives and reanact parts of this film or attempt to shave live bears for material to make Wookie costumes"

MistressValerie said:
Interesting story -- thanks for posting it.

These people foolishly tried to create real, illuminated "light sabers" for videotaping, using fluorescent light tubes filled with fuel, which eventually exploded. I believe that in Star Wars the actors used foam swords for the actual filming, with the glowing effect added later in the editing room.

I hope that the victims of this horrible accident will recover. As a youngster, I was always taught that the light tubes are dangerous; they not only can shatter easily, but they also contain a toxic powder that is harmful if inhaled.

Acutally, the 'Light Sabers' were metal sticks attached to the actual 'light saber'! They were like metal kindo sticks. I saw this from watching "Behind The Scenes" footage from Episode I.

It is amazing how stupid people are in the world. "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are stupider than that" George C. I think that is how he said that during a comedy routine.

"Two things are unmeasurable: universe and human stupidity... But I'm not sure for the first one."
- A. Einstein

I heard of dimmer life experiences.

This brings me back to when some kid burned his house down because he saw beavis and butthead do it. Then a kid power bombed his sister through a table because he saw it on the wwe. so so sad.

Triple T said:
They will probably sue LucasFilms for 75 million dollars now,since they did'nt put the disclaimer on the begining scroll"Do not fill glass objects with explosives and reanact parts of this film or attempt to shave live bears for material to make Wookie costumes"

\HAHA lucas could sue them for trying to recreate his product without his permission, he is an asshole about his product

I actually saw one of these homemade lightsabers. They look really cool and real. But they're just for show, not swinging around not knowing what the hell you're doing really.

Ewan and Hayden trained a LONG time to get their fight sequence just right. These folks wanting to emulate that shows their fandom, but it was just plain stupidity.

Look at the bright side.At least they do'nt have to spend alot of money for make-up for a(Post Obiwan Duel) Anakin costume.

Pure stupid!

How Dumb can youi get? they Put Patrick star to shame.

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back