• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sonoma County CA separates elderly gay couple and sells all their possessions

CellarDweller

3rd Level Orange Feather
Sonoma County CA separates elderly gay couple and sells all their possessions

There is nothing more personal than how we wish to spend our final years. After decades with our loved ones there should be no dispute that we should get to spend our final moments together. Unfortunately Sonoma County, CA treated Harold and Clay as if they were strangers.

Harold was 88 and Clay was 77 when their 20 year relationship was assaulted by Sonoma County. Harold's time here was coming to an end. He was ill and life was further complicated when he took a tumble down the stairs of their home. Harold was taken to the hospital.

Like most same sex couples who are committed to taking care of each other in sickness and in health, Harold and Clay set up legal documents prior to their personal crisis that were supposed to tell authorities to honor their relationship. Clay should have been able to visit Harold in the hospital and make decisions about his care. Instead, the county and health care professionals refused to let Clay even visit Harold in the hospital.

Tragic as that was, the county was not done with this family. More brutality than any government should inflict on a family -- they separated Clay and Harold by placing them in different nursing homes. Remember, Clay was in good health. He was involuntarily committed.

Read more here.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/stepforward/archives/202464.asp

Southern Hospitality...meet Western Intolerance.

You'd think having their gas prices way lower than the rest of us would at least make them be nicer and more tolerant.

You know what the best part is? It's that the supposed cause of all the world's problems is big government. Big government this and communist that. Yet here they are fighting tooth and nail to make a public spectacle of two innocent people who are not members of the "Moral Majority." The last time something like this happened on a large scale over 6 million people were murdered. Anyone else unsettled about the concept? lol

Unbelievable,I hope he gets every penny he is asking for,even though it won't take away the pain or restore his loss.

I read this a couple of days ago and just cried...really folks? This level of inhumanity is necessary because 2 people who love one another have the same equipment between their legs??? REALLY?? WTF is wrong with people???

The world needs to change...quickly...

THIS is why nothing less than EQUAL marriage rights (all 1,138 LEGAL rights) are acceptable...

Hang in there, brothers and sisters...keep fighting the good fight so that this NEVER happens again...

I'm disappointed to hear of such government cruelty in California, which was my home for seven years. This is why I came to support marriage equality, so that such things wouldn't happen anymore.

I read this a couple of days ago and just cried...really folks? This level of inhumanity is necessary because 2 people who love one another have the same equipment between their legs??? REALLY?? WTF is wrong with people???

The world needs to change...quickly...

THIS is why nothing less than EQUAL marriage rights (all 1,138 LEGAL rights) are acceptable...

Hang in there, brothers and sisters...keep fighting the good fight so that this NEVER happens again...

I couldn't agree more my friend..this saddened me so much when i heard about it..*sighs*....those two poor dear old men..

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back