• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Soylet Green is MADE OF PEOPLE!

Rox_My_Sox1

3rd Level Orange Feather
It's MADE OF FREAKING PEOPLE PEOPLE! But seriously, we pretty much passed the seven billion mark awhile ago on our planet. Any ideas people on how we can lower the planetary birth rate of humans? Cause I really REALLY don't wanna have to endure that movie becoming a reality in my old age.

My favourite idea is colonizing the moon, though its hardly practical. Anybody got a spare Stargate lying around? :/

Mars would be PERFECT for nano-technological terraforming if it just BLEEPING HAD a magnetic FUCKING FIELD!

Damn you Mars! DAMNNNN YOOUUUU! (wags fist at night sky) ^_~

Hmmm...maybe orbital cities powered via tempature difference from coils connected to Earth's surface?

Soylent Green would solve two problems.

Over population and hunger.

That was sarcasm.

Ok, perfect plan to decrease the bith rate. Show everyone a video of their parents doing it and they'll soon lose their sexual appitite and therefore lower birthrates

It's MADE OF FREAKING PEOPLE PEOPLE! But seriously, we pretty much passed the seven billion mark awhile ago on our planet. Any ideas people on how we can lower the planetary birth rate of humans? Cause I really REALLY don't wanna have to endure that movie becoming a reality in my old age.

Sure. Mass sterilization.

China has federal laws that prohibit families from having more than one child, I believe.
This is a rather harsh alternative, and I'm sure it wouldn't fly too well among the younger generations that think being a teen mom is the coolest thing since smoking, not to mention the legal implications... but it's working for them.

Aside from that, expanding is our only real option.

The moon is viable for maaaaybe a few hundred million people to live comfortably. That's assuming they find a way to give the entire thing an atmosphere for growing plants and breeding animals and whatnot.
With Mars you have the same issue, only compounded by the massive distance. Although there is considerably more space there.

Since transporting people through the solar system is going to be wildly impractical both financially and physiologically for the next 3-4 decades at least, I would imagine that our best short-term option is to simply stop people from breeding.

Or learn to live underwater.

Multistory cities? Perhaps subterranean worker-humans and Overworld aristocrats, like in The Time Machine by HG Wells? Hopefully not a great big series of wars, or starvation, or lack of water - unpleasant. I definitely vote for "more space" over "less humans", though I am slightly biased on this front.

The space on the planet is limited by more things than just where we can live.

If the amount of humans exceeds the rate that plantlife can produce Oxygen, then we will all suffocate to death. Slowly.
More over, most plants can't grow without photosynthesis, so they need to be exposed to sunlight. That excludes deep underwater habitats, as well as underground cities, unless we can support them all with above-ground farms.

The Earth has a limit to the amount of people it can support, completely disregarding pollution. We are rapidly approaching that limit.

Ok, perfect plan to decrease the bith rate. Show everyone a video of their parents doing it and they'll soon lose their sexual appitite and therefore lower birthrates

That is actually a great idea.🙂

Everyone could go gay.

I remember reading a science fiction book where homosexuality was eventually encouraged on Planet Earth as a hole as a method of keeping the population in check.

Personally I find it a worthwhile solution but of course I'm biased on the matter. 😉

Can you encourage something that isn't actually a choice?

Can you encourage something that isn't actually a choice?

Well, speaking from my own experience (I am a lesbian you know), I'd have to say every government encouraging homosexuality would be more akin to 100% tolerance and acceptance of people who are gay/lesbian by the general population altogether. On a side note, I really wish I remembered that book. It had ALOT of references to things that happened during the Vietnam war (aka the treatment of veterans and such) even though it was a science fiction novel.

Well, speaking from my own experience (I am a lesbian you know), I'd have to say every government encouraging homosexuality would be more akin to 100% tolerance and acceptance of people who are gay/lesbian by the general population altogether. On a side note, I really wish I remembered that book. It had ALOT of references to things that happened during the Vietnam war (aka the treatment of veterans and such) even though it was a science fiction novel.

Okay, fair enough.

I'd go more into this topic, but I have a nasty habit of dragging threads horribly off course, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back