• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sticky Pictures

Mz Chaos

2nd Level Yellow Feather
No... this isn't a thread involving your favorite page in the Victoria Secret Catalog!

I had a travel trailer that was broke into this past spring. This travel trailer had a small leak around a ceiling vent. The theives went through my things and left a case that was previously put in a safe area, near the leak and left it open.
In that case were photographs. While it doesn't appear that the photographs have any water damage... a good many are stuck together. Is there a safe way to separate them without destroying them?

As you know... pictures are little pieces of your past... and there's a lot of good memories in them photos. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll would care to give.

hmmm I dont know, if it was me I would take them to a photo lab (were you get the film developed) and see what they recommend, maybe they have some chemical wash that safely separates them.

I am curious to see the outcome for future reference,

Kust

If you still have the negatives, you could have fresh pics made...

Unfortunately the pictures span a period of up to 15 years ago... some I took... some taken by others... I don't have negatives for them all and there are quite a few.

I'm thinking maybe steam... anyone think that'd be a good idea???

I agree with German,this sound's like a job for a pro.Not sure what steam might to do them,it might depend on the film but i don't really know anything about that kind of stuff.

Oh joy.

bugman said:
I agree with German,this sound's like a job for a pro.Not sure what steam might to do them,it might depend on the film but i don't really know anything about that kind of stuff.
And I agree with both 🙂 Thought "steam" also & then.... maybe not a good idea.... a professional photographer or photo lab tech would know best....

These may not be on target exactly, you probably already found these links
and as you'd undoubtedly realized yourself, a professional opinion or three would be better.... but I thought what the heck, list them anyway. Hope it's possible!

http://www.preservationhelp.com/how_to.htm

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servle...TD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031777689374

Im not reading all the other posts here cause im lazy BUT.... take them to a professional photographer, they will soak them in solution and unstick without damage!

First thing I would try is placing the photos in front of a heater vent in your home (about 2 1/2 feet away from the vent) and letting warm air blow on them for ten minutes, then try to seperate them.
If it doesn't work, at least no damage done, you still have the option to try something else.

I wanna thank you kind folks for all your advice...

I guess it looks like the majority are for taking them to a photographer... I was trying to get out of this cheap... looks like that's not gonna be the case.
There's about 100 pictures that are stuck together... amid ones that weren't... go figure why they all didn't do this but I count myself lucky in that regards.
I can just imagine what they're gonna charge... maybe they'll let me make payments... maybe they'll let me shovel their parking lot all winter...

I can just imagine what they're gonna charge... maybe they'll let me make payments... maybe they'll let me shovel their parking lot all winter...

lmao...........seriously I wouldnt expect it to be that much.

Kust

Well gee whiz, professional photographers know how to set aperatures and say "Say Cheese" but I feel that these folks don't know shit about the physics of sticky photos 😀 😀

Pick up the phone and give a few of 'em a buzz.

I'll bet you a pizza they all mumble incoherently then the phone goes dead.

The best suggestion is to call your local museum or archives. Photo preservation is their speciality and they will know how to deal with your problem. Take the pictures in and show them and they can heklp you in some way.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back