• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Talkin' bout my generation

Why all the shitty names? "Generation X" sounds like a sociologist was going to pencil something in later, then never bothered. "Generation Y" sounds like someone was too dull to do anything more than copy the last one. At least I like Generation Y better than the other one that people now want to use for my age-bracket: "Millenials". Not only does it sound shitty, it doesn't make any sense. Why is it applied to people born between 1978 and 1983? Shouldn't it be applied to, oh, I don't know... people born between 1998 and 2002?

But then I sometimes look at things like that and realize I'm strange. I DON'T act like most people my age. I didn't give a shit about the year 2000, it was just another year for me. I didn't.

My generation needs to be called the Jim Generation. It's badass, rocking, and cool.

How's that for use of the serial comma, suckers?

try being a baby boomer..which is the category i fall under..

How about me? Depending on who you talk to and how you define it, I'm a 'tweener'.
Too old to be a Gen X-er and too young to be a baby boomer...

Ever since the 'baby boom,' it seems the news people have to create a name for every birth group. Doesn't matter, since I do my best not to fit into anyone's preconceived category.

I hate the term Generation X. I agree it is lazy. It also does not describe me at all. Being born in 1972 I technically fall into that cohort. However the "typical" Gen Xer is 10 years my junior.

The label which I have applied to myself is Child of the 80's. I've always felt more connected to that decade. I liked living back in the 80's a hell of a lot better that the crap we have to deal with today.

Found another shitty one for me and mine ; iGeneration.

Seriously, I wish people would stop with all the "OMG technology ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!" shit already. New iPod; bricks are shat. iPod makes a phone; "Jesus Christ get me one of them!". Youtube; "Goddamn Gary Glitter look how fucking futuristic shit's getting!". Those damn CNN holograms they did...

You get the point. I wish people would just calm the fuck down already. Don't get me wrong, new stuff is great, but fuck, does everyone have to act like a caveman seeing fire when they react to it?

try being a baby boomer..which is the category i fall under..

I fell under that category myself too, but escaped with only minor injuries!

I don't act like an old man. I don't feel like an old man. Hell, I'm not an old man, even if I have gone around the sun 50 times! I hate oldies radio and other nostalgic media panderings to those members of my cohort who've been convinced that they've just entered their shuffleboard years. To me, indulging in nostalgia more than once in a while is worse than being dead; in both cases, you've stopped living but in the latter case, at least you have an excuse!

I think all of those scientist and people who are always categorizing everything are just annoying.Why do we need to name generations there is no need for it

What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back