• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Teen Titans- Starfire (barefoot)

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
I started watching Teen Titans about a month ago, and I had never seen it before or heard of it. From what I gather it is based on the original DC comic of the same name. The style is unique yet simplistic, and is a brave mix of anime-style artwork with western comic-style themes and plots. While some fans of the original comic book series say this tv series is an injustice to the original comic in that the character designs are too simplified, child-like, and goofy, I still find the new Teen Titans to be rather interesting.

I particularly like Raven and Starfire; their designs, their voice actresses, and their personalities. So you can look forward to more Teen Titans artwork in the future.

Like most of my pictures, this is my first time drawing this character, Starfire, but more important it is my first time ever CGing a picture of mine. Technically its my second, but the first I never finished. Now, Starfire was a request, but I wanted to draw (and CG) her at least once before I get to drawing the request itself.

Anywho, all things considered, I think it turned out rather well.

Enjoy. Feedback appriciated. ^__^

" Starfire, not a native of Earth, still doesn't know many of the earthling's customs; something her fellow Titans will take advantage of for fun."

Teen_Titans-_Starfire.jpg

Nice drawing! You have a knack for feet. Keep up the great work! 😎

Celtic in living color! Gives your art a whole new flavor. Very nice job, especially on the skin tones. What program did you use? I agree with Dave, those feet are well done. Those toes have a lot of expression....and it looks like they are going to need it.

Yes indeed....what is this Earth thing called "tickling"? 😀

WOW

😀 It really looks like her! Great job on the detail of the eyes! Excellent skin highlighting and cute anime feet. Good job on the shadowing on the clothes as well. I would like to see Starfire and Raven tickle tortured on the show too. 😀

So, you finally jump in on the CG bandwagon after being questionable to it! Good work.

@ Dave- Thanks very much! ^__^ I like drawing feet, so its important I draw them well.

@ Fairfeather- Thanks alot! ^__^ I'm pleased with the results too. I used Paintshop Pro 7. I've actually had the program for a long time now (years) and never got to using it. Animation Shop 3 came with it, and I use that more often (for animated avatars and the like).

But now that I've learned to use it for this, the program will serve more of a purpose for me. This particular CG only took a couple hours. The process was much easier than I thought it would be. Although more detail means more time, so its an uphill effort from now on. The skin tones and colors in this picture were really easy though. The Teen Titans have simplistic color schemes though, so that made this picture a bit more easier to color.

I think the dialogue makes her even more cute. In the series she's trying to understand as much as she can about Earth and it's ways, and that sometimes makes her seem ditsy or stupid, and thats far from the truth.

Her honest ignorance works for her in this picture, methinks. 🙂

@ rajee- Thanks alot! ^__^ Well, you might just get your wish, at least from me that is. LOL

This isn't actually the request I mentioned, so the next Starfire picture probably will be. I thought it would help build on her situation to show her before the actual tickling starts. Jumping right into the tickling doesn't always work.

Different characters need to be approached differently. I doubt Raven would fall for this trick for example. Starfire has allowed it, being led under a pretext. Since Raven is from Earth (at least to my knowledge) and she has mystical mind powers as well, she might be able to see this happening, and so avoid it.

But for fun's sake, she should still end up being tickled anyway. 🙂

@ GC- Thank you. I only ever really questioned it in the since that it shouldn't replace good line art and traditional methods in all circumstances. Using good old materials rather than digital ones are just as important. I wouldn't leave my talent up to a computer program. Thats very limiting, and vice-versa.

To be more technical about it also, I found it necessary to make this jump. Almost everyone else here and everywhere is doing it, and as one of the leading artists in this community at least, I can't afford to fall behind.

Even if I'm not competing with someone directly I still think its important for any artist to maintain some kind of edge or allow some room for growth. If you cut yourself off and become complacent you'll fall behind.

I think this addition to my work was long overdo. Don't mistake me about it though, this isn't the reason I added it. I just needed to prove something to myself and others. The idea that I might 'fall behind' was extra incentive.

Last edited:
It's interesting regarding traditional methods. Before Photoshop came along my primary methods of coloring were art design markers and airbrush. Watercolors and oils I never really more than dabbled in. Markers were okay, but they gave off toxic fumes and often dried out if you didn't replace the cap properly. They weren't cheap either. Airbrush was a wonderful medium. But the set-up time was tremendous. (having to cut all that frisket)It also had the draw-back of filling the air with toxic fumes. They would occasionally spit pigment instead of spraying it, usually at the worst possible moment. Not to mention the noise of the air compressor. Well...my air compressor anyway. 😀

Then one day I saw a tutorial on how to color scanned line art in Photoshop. Bingo. My design markers and airbrush have been sitting in a drawer ever since. The skills I picked up using them have come in handy even doing CG. I don't regret learning them. But I can't say I have any real desire to go back. It's so nice not to have to clean up afterwards anymore.

One thing I have noticed. In every art store I've been in lately the airbrush gear is either in the bargain bin....or just plain gone.

Yeah, its a sign of the times.

Its just so much faster to get things done digitally. I can see where the professionals need it and rely on it completely to meet deadlines and raise the bar, but me, as an amateur have the time and means to appriciate more traditional methods as well.

Theres just something about traditional mediums that just feels more human to me. Thats why I prefer now to keep traditional mediums in the loop. Theres no question in my mind however that CG is the continuing and evolving wave of the future. Better for me and everyone to have the best of both worlds available to us.

Last edited:
I think that traditional media will always be with us in one way or another. Besides...we have to have some way to draw and paint when the power goes out. 😀

Again, great work on your first CG effort. Hope to see more soon. 😎

Oh yes, I agree. And not just that, its something that is forever present in the core of our expressive being. It cannot be removed without compromising another function of our lives. While there is an extreme to both instances, and they need not be met, art will always be there in some form. It can't die and it won't. It trancends time, space, the mind, and the human heart. Its wonderful.

Thanks again for your review. I'm sure going to continue this as planned. 🙂

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back