• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Television

Bournemouthstu

😎 I watch a lot of American tv, here in England. What Uk shows are most popular in the USA and around the world? why? :nerd:

Are you being served? has quite a loyal following, as do the other Brit-Coms shown on PBS here, such as "As Time Goes By", "Waiting for God", "Keeping UP Appearances", etc. Fawlty Towers plays well here too. No as certain about the more modern, up to date stuff. And of course, a certain Time Lord has quite a following as well...

Thanks for replying...just interested really as a bit of a telly watcher...here I (and many others) like 24 and x-files, friends, buffy, frasier etc etc... guess we all grew up with Dr who and are you being served - we dont make so much of that now although the time lord is back....although definately with some american influence!!

Anybody know the UK Comedy 'Spaced'? I've always imagined that would go down pretty well with an American Audience due to a lot of the humour being movie-related to begin with, and yet to my knowledge, and more importantly, the knowledge of all of my American friends, it's never been shown.

For the Americans, 'Spaced' is a kind of a forerunner to the movie 'Shaun Of The Dead' if you've seen it. As far as I'm aware, it did respectable box-office in the States even on just a limited run. Lots of the same cast, same director, same style of humour.

The biggest British entertainment influences these days are Harry Potter, Dr. Who, and Wallace & Gromitt.

Most television across the pond comes in a kind of "cult TV" mentality.
I enjoyed Rupert Everett as Sherlock Holmes on PBS, for instance (though I hate to think that most foot fetishists are psychotic killers!). Inspector Morse, Rumpole, and Coupling also have small but loyal followings.

Oh, and kudos for "Don't try this at home"... you know, the episode with the dogs; I just saw the clip last week. Can we get a crappy reality TV show here in the US to do that?

Fiend said:
Anybody know the UK Comedy 'Spaced'? I've always imagined that would go down pretty well with an American Audience due to a lot of the humour being movie-related to begin with, and yet to my knowledge, and more importantly, the knowledge of all of my American friends, it's never been shown.

For the Americans, 'Spaced' is a kind of a forerunner to the movie 'Shaun Of The Dead' if you've seen it. As far as I'm aware, it did respectable box-office in the States even on just a limited run. Lots of the same cast, same director, same style of humour.
YES!! Spaced is amazing. 😀

Tim: You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money AND GET OUT!!!!!!!

(the little boy who wanted to buy a Jar Jar doll runs out of the shop crying)

Tim: What a prick.

Tim: Mike, where are you?
Mike: I'm in Sheffield
Tim: Well what are you doing in Sheffield, Mike?
Mike: Fell asleep on the tube
Tim: But the tube doesn't go to Sheffield
Mike: Yeah, I must've changed at Kings Cross

I've always been a fan of "The Two Ronnies", but that show is hard to find

Has anyone mentioned "Black Adder" Rowen Atkison is a superb actor and comedian and has me in stitches every time 😀

Oh yeah, Black Adder rules. 😀

Although my fave Rowan Atkinson of all time has to be "The Thin Blue Line".

Inspector Grimm: It's my arse on the line, and I don't want a cock up.

Don't know if this counts, but where I live the cable system gives us Fox Soccer Channel, and I get to watch English Premier League Football on a regular basis. Really good stuff. (Go Arsenal) 😀

Isn't Fawlty Towers the show where a group of people runs a department store, sort of an old show, with old people in it? if so then yeah, it plays alot on PBS here in Florida, my Mom loves the show. i can't undrstand what they're saying, they talk fast with a heavy accent and use alotta slang.

The American adaptation of Whos Line is it Anyway? is a big hit

BigNorm said:
Isn't Fawlty Towers the show where a group of people runs a department store, sort of an old show, with old people in it? if so then yeah, it plays alot on PBS here in Florida, my Mom loves the show. i can't undrstand what they're saying, they talk fast with a heavy accent and use alotta slang.
I think that might be "Are You Being Served". Fawlty Towers is the one with John Cleese from Monty Python, where he runs a hotel. Too many quotes doth crowd unto my head, but take thy word - it is t3h r0x0r.

BigNorm said:

Yes, that is "Are You Being Served," set in the fictional Grace Brothers Department store. Real funny stuff even if the show is 20-30 years old...personally, I'd love to tickle Mr. Rumboldt's secretary that appears in the final few seasons....😉

Ahhhh Fawlty Towers!!! John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson of Black Adder and Tina O'Brien of Coronation Street were the shows I grew up watching... Corrie St. is still a hit here on the CBC. (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation for everyone here but canucks, brits and the odd american 😛)

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back