• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Amazing Spiderman Villains

atreyu1

TMF Novice
I just recently watched The Amazing Spiderman and thought it was pretty damn good. With that being said I began to ponder the possibilities of the villains that they can and may pit against Spiderman in the upcoming sequels. Now I've already heard news that they are going to have electro ( correct me if I'm mistaken with the name, Spiderman stuff isnt exactly my strong suit) as the next villain but that still hasn't deterred me from hoping for more sequels and foes.

Anywhoosits... I want to hear from you guys and gals about who you'd like to see duke it out with the webslinging teen. After bantering and arguing with a few about who and why I find it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this facinating matter.

----------

My villain of choice would be a remake of venom, and Eddy Brock for that matter... I feel that when they made the Toby McGuire version they just fucked up venom and Eddy Brock. I always saw Eddy in tv and comic strips as more than a Peter Parker alternative as they portrayed the first time. He was more built up and athletic than was portrayed. The symbiote when attached to him also played off this characteristic and was much bigger than the first go around. I feel his attitude as cocky should have been more confident and overpowering as a contrast to Peter Parker and his alter ego. Basically venom was made to be practically a total copycat of Spiderman as was Eddy Brock of Peter Parker.

Now I know you can't get everything right and certain things are changed to either fit the storyline or freshen things up but I believe they totally bombed on Venom/Brock.

They've done two people as the green goblin (both were kinda lame), Sandman (kinda cool), Doctor Octopus (again, kinda cool), and the Lizard (totally cool). As far as I'm concerned the "Venom" they showed in the 3rd movie ISN'T Venom OR Eddie Brock AT ALL (it was LITERALLY THAT PATHETIC).

There's still quite a few left though (including Rhino, Shocker, Electro, Mystero, Hydroman, Jackal, Scorpion, Vulture, the Spiderslayers, Deathlok, and Silvermane. Did I miss any villain guys and gals?

Personally, I'm hoping to see Deadpool make a comeback in Marvel movies (X-men Origins: Wolverine sucked balls). I can totally see Norman Osborn hiring him to track down Spidey.

Bane & the Joker are the greatest comic book villains ever. It helps that their on-screen adaptations in the Christopher Nolan films are fucking awesome.

But since we're talking about Marvel you can't get any better than Doctor Doom.

This is Spiderman however. Venom was probably the best. Carnage is alright.

In the comics at least, all Marvel superheroes and villians exist simulataneously, and are aware of each other---technically Doom wouldn't be impossible. I'd love to see it XD Doom in the F4 movies was kinda cool, but hadn't come into his own yet--Doom the monarch/evil genius is something Id LOVE to see in movies.

~K

As far as I'm concerned the "Venom" they showed in the 3rd movie ISN'T Venom OR Eddie Brock AT ALL (it was LITERALLY THAT PATHETIC).

oh good im glad i wasnt the only one who thought that. everyone i talked too thought it was cool because it was played by the dude from "That 70's Show". well he did really good if Eric Foreman where Venom. But hes not.

They've done two people as the green goblin (both were kinda lame), Sandman (kinda cool), Doctor Octopus (again, kinda cool), and the Lizard (totally cool). As far as I'm concerned the "Venom" they showed in the 3rd movie ISN'T Venom OR Eddie Brock AT ALL (it was LITERALLY THAT PATHETIC).

There's still quite a few left though (including Rhino, Shocker, Electro, Mystero, Hydroman, Jackal, Scorpion, Vulture, the Spiderslayers, Deathlok, and Silvermane. Did I miss any villain guys and gals?
I couldn't agree more Rox! Venom in that film was a bad rep of that character. Electro will be the next villan in the film. I can't wait for the next!

Let's see, there's also Kingpin, Beetle, Carnage (if they can get Venom right), Hammerhead, Hobgoblin, Kraven the Hunter, Man-Wolf, Molten Man, Morbius (this one would be cool), Spot, the Tinkerer, and Tombstone.

However, I think the most likely villain that they'll use will be the Green Goblin. Yes, its been done, but the they've already set up Norman Osborn's character as a yet to be seen character who wants to be genetically altered (to cure his cancer). Add that to the fact that in the Amazing Spiderman comics, the Green Goblin is an actual "goblin". He actually grows claws, green scaley skin, hulks out, and can summon/use fire.

Since Electro is a sure thing, I'd like to see how Mysterio is handled. Unique character with an unusual gimmick.

Venom and Carnage.🙂
The symiote's were always my favs. Carnage being my most favorite.^^

Mysterio could really put Parker through the f'ing Gauntlet. Think about it. A guy with power over illusions that can actually HARM YOU!

Yupper Vex! If they were properly handled, Venom and Carnage would make EXCELLENT VILLAINS (with Venom being a sort of anti-hero possibly in the end [after all, Brock isn't a sociopath {he just hates Parker is all}]).

As far as Electro being the villain, I'm all for that ALL LONG AS THEY DON'T GIVE HIM THAT RIDICULOUS OUTFIT! Seriously Marvel, that mask is just plain comical!

Hydroman would be an interested villain too amIright?

Hydroman is actually Peter Parker's nemesis in school, so that would be a great villan for him!

Mysterio could really put Parker through the f'ing Gauntlet. Think about it. A guy with power over illusions that can actually HARM YOU!

Yupper Vex! If they were properly handled, Venom and Carnage would make EXCELLENT VILLAINS (with Venom being a sort of anti-hero possibly in the end [after all, Brock isn't a sociopath {he just hates Parker is all}]).

As far as Electro being the villain, I'm all for that ALL LONG AS THEY DON'T GIVE HIM THAT RIDICULOUS OUTFIT! Seriously Marvel, that mask is just plain comical!

Hydroman would be an interested villain too amIright?

Well Jamie Foxx has confirmed to play Electro so I don't think he'd be wearing something so.. over the top.

I figure they'll go the Ultimate Spider-man route for Electro, who didn't wear a costume.

I actually think Scorpian would be pretty cool. I'm also a big fan of Green Goblin (but not Norman Osbourne - what a prick.)

Seeing as Electro is confirmed, I guess that's okay. Not my favourite, but I can think of worse villains. And I'm sure the movie will make it work.

Come to think of it, I still need to actually watch The Amazing Spiderman.

Rox's list of awesome Spiderman villains (if done properly): Venom, Carnage, Hydroman, Molten Man, Electro, Mystero (w/o the idiotic bubble helmet/costume), and the Spiderslayers.

Rox's list of Spiderman villains who'd make awesome secondary villains (if done properly): Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Vulture, and either Deathlok or Tombstone paired with Silvermane (but not both [the franchise can only handle SO MANY CYBORGS ya knows]).

Rox's list of possible Spiderman allies who'd be cool (if done properly): Black Cat, Firestar, Iceman, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, the Fantastic Four, and Iron Man.

Rox's list of Spiderman villains who in her opinion would just plain NOT WORK: Kraven the Hunter, Beetle, Hammerhead, Man-Wolf, Morbius (sorry but vampires have been done to DEATH already), Spot, the Tinkerer.

Last edited:
Karen's going to back you up hard on that F4, point, Roxy. 😉 She loves them to bits. And, canonically, Spiderman has been a member of the Fantastic 4 and still is very close to them, so it'd make sense. Unite the movie-Marvel-verse!

SERIOUSLY! We NEVER SAW the F4 during the Avengers! WTF was UP WITH THAT? We didn't even see SPIDERMAN! This is MANHATTAN for the love of god (aka the home of Peter Parker AND the BAXTER BUILDING)! If it's BEING INVADED then it's greatest heroes SHOULD BE THERE to DEFEND IT! We should at LEAST have got a cameo from the Fantastic Four AND SPIDERMAN each fighting Loki's Chitauri!

I agree, I think they could have at least had Spiderman help out at the end, and with the F4, they are rebooting it so I'm guessing they don't "exsist" right now.

Yeah, cameos from the Fantastic Four and Spiderman would have been nice. Still, the movie rocked. Now we'll see Spiderman take on Electro. Not to purposefully change the subject or anything but has ANYONE SEEN the fan made movie "Mortal Kombat: Legacy"? I'm NOT talking about the fan trailer that came out afterwards (featuring that god awful Baraka and Reptile). I'm talking about the one showing how the different individual kombatants came to the be on the Island for the ten's Mortal Kombat tournament between Earth and Outworld? I gotta say it's pretty damn awesome (ALOT BETTER than that fan trailer).

Main article: Spider-Man in film#Sequels

The studio announced the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. The company hired James Vanderbilt to write the screenplay and Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to re-write it. The producer, Matt Tolmach, stated that there "will be more than one [sequel] and at the very least three."The first sequel is set for release on May 2, 2014. The sequel's villain was teased in the 2012 film. Webb stated that the origin story would further unfold in the second episode. In June 2012, Webb said he was unsure whether he would return, though it was confirmed on September 28, 2012, that he would return to direct the sequel. He claimed he "wanted to create a universe that not only can withstand but anticipate future storylines" while also "working in and of itself for one movie."Garfield had also expressed hope to reprise his role, and in September 2012 it was confirmed that he would do so. Actor J. K. Simmons has also said he would like to reprise his role as J. Jonah Jameson from Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy if the studio offers it to him. On October 10, 2012, it was announced that Shailene Woodley was offered the role of Mary Jane Watson.Electro will be the next villain, with Jamie Foxx being offered the role. On December 3, 2012, the director Marc Webb revealed that Dane DeHaan was chosen to play Harry Osborn.

This is a quote from www.wiki.com's info on the Spider-man sequal. It will be Electro though I would love to see a well played and well written Venom. One can only hope! I did love the first movie, so much better the the first three. Spider-Man / Peter Parker had a lot more personality in this movie. I just hope he can keep it up through all future movies.

Last edited:
Yeah, cameos from the Fantastic Four and Spiderman would have been nice. Still, the movie rocked. Now we'll see Spiderman take on Electro. Not to purposefully change the subject or anything but has ANYONE SEEN the fan made movie "Mortal Kombat: Legacy"? I'm NOT talking about the fan trailer that came out afterwards (featuring that god awful Baraka and Reptile). I'm talking about the one showing how the different individual kombatants came to the be on the Island for the ten's Mortal Kombat tournament between Earth and Outworld? I gotta say it's pretty damn awesome (ALOT BETTER than that fan trailer).

Still it would be kinda awkward having captain american change costumes to be the human torch in the avengers. But the avengers was pretty good without needing any more heroes

I liked the Mortalk Kombat legacy it was awesome, though I thought raiden's episode was just terrible :/

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back