• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The most emotional scene in TV/film

XaviarRkR

TMF Regular
Another odd one from the Doctor

Is there a moment in TV or film that, in spite of your "maturity", leaves you in tears?

There's two genres here for me

From Scifi

Hmm the end of TWOK, the beginning of TSFS and the end of Gens for me. At almost 24 and reaqsonably attached to reality, I find myself baffled as to why such fictional death scenes reduce me to an emotional wreck.

Maybe it's the music.

And from non scifi, anything involving the parting of lovers. I hate to see betrayal, love torn appart and the death of family on the Telly.

In fiction, the parting of lovers never moves me to tears. That has to happen in real life...to me...in order to make me weep.
In books, plays, and films somebody pretty much has to die or make a child unhappy before I start fumbling for my handkerchief. Oh, yeah...when someone is saved from disaster by a noble deed or an outright miracle, that'll do it too.

Some memorable scenes that still unman me:
The killing of Old Yeller.
James Stewart's final speech over his wife's grave in "Shenandoah."
The scene where King Lear, recovering from his madness, recognizes his daughter.
Sydney Carton's scene with the little seamstress just before they're both guillotined in "A Tale of Two Cities." (Best version: 1930's with Ronald Colman and Isabel Jewell)
The appearance of the donkeys in "Three Godfathers" with John Wayne.
"It's a Wonderful Life." I know this story so well that I actually start crying at the beginning when you hear all the voices saying, "George is in trouble!"
The balcony scene and the final act of any version of "Cyrano de Bergerac."

Man that's tough. I've gotten weepy over so many films that I think I stick to comedies out of sheer necessity, lest I dehydrate.
One that never ever fails to reduce me to mush is the final scene of Parenthood. It's an obscurish Steve Martin comedy/drama that's better than the title suggests. Had that effect on me since I was a kid.

As soon as Aragorn and everyone else bows to the hobbits at the end of Return of the King I'm a weeping mess - or when Sam carries Frodo 😉
The end of Sixth Sense and Ghost got me sobbing, too.

I find Isao Takahata's animated movie Grave of the Fireflies so upsetting and draining I don't dare watch it with company... I'm inevitably reduced to a shuddering emotional puddle by the end. That poor little girl in her makeshift coffin is one of the most devastatingly unhappy sights I know.

PS: The Grey Havens scene in ROTK has the same effect on me, Federkitzler.

Last edited:
In Armagedon when Bruce Willis stays on meteor and calls his daughter Liv Tyler.

NO CLARENCE THIS AIN'T "ANGEL IN MY POCKET'........

"it's A Wonderful Life" When George Goes Postal On Uncle Billy With That Framing Hammer For Giving The Bailey B&l Cash To Kindly Ol' Mr. Potter!!! (heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Georgie!!!!)bwaaaaaaaaaaaaah!capra Really Tugged At Our Heart Strings. And The Scene Where Donna Reed Says " Shit, Just 10-20 More Years And I Could Be Married To A Doctor"( On Tv).

i cried when bambi's mom got shot

well okay not really but that is a common one

also a common one is when old yeller gets put away

The endings of both Edward Scissorhands and Gods and Monsters were rather rough on me in that regard.

The most emotional scene I've seen recently is Yoshimura's death sequence in Mibu Gishi Den (When the Last Sword is Drawn). Pretty drawn out and dramatic, but it never lost my attention!

I personally was moved by several

1. From Buffy, when spike reveals to Buffy that he got his soul back so he could become the man she would want, although it drove him to madness due to guilt over his killings
2. In terminator 2 when the terminator is being lowered into the steel and gives a final thumbs up
3. Japanese version of DBZ when Majin Vegita realizes he must sacrifice his life to try and stop majin Buu, the scream is tear jerking
4. also from DBZ, but american dubbing, when vegita is dying from freezer's attack and reveals his past and how goku must stop freezer
5. In Star Trek Generations when Kirk is laying and dying under the bridge scaffold, "It was.....fun.....Oh My......."

The first time I saw Gladiator the end had me pretty choked up,I was in a pretty crowded theater too,and it honestly made me feel a bit stupid.

AphroditeRabbit said:
In the movie Troy when King Priam pleads with Achilles to return his son's shredded body.
Amen to that, AR.
Another scene that broke me down was when the American tank rumbled into the concentration camp near the end of Roberto Benigni's "Life Is Beautiful."

AphroditeRabbit said:
In the movie Troy when King Priam pleads with Achilles to return his son's shredded body.

Good scene, for me tho, it was the fight between hector and Achilles and when achilles is standing over hector and about to impale him. Plus the whole calling out and hector slowly dressing for battle, knowing he will die

Choked Up? Me? Never!!

There have been a few movies that made me shed a tear or two, but a couple of the most memorable are...

American History X: The end of the movie...after all is said and done and so much progress is made in eliminating ignorance...an incident/stupid kid attempting to find/make his place in his "situation" can bring the problem right back...quite sad. Stereotypes are made to be fallen into...

American Beauty: I loved that movie and I loved that character...(Kevin Spacy is a badass)

(Speaking of anime) Neon Genesis Evangelion and Samurai X(Not the cheesy Rorouni Kenshin series) both choked me up. As far as Evangelion goes...note: whenever I watch this series I do it all in one day...something about seeing the characters you've come to love meet such nasty...well, anyone who hasn't seen this series should really check it out. It is one of the most enthralling and best peices of work I have ever seen...and that goes for all forms of entertainment. Even my anime-hating friends loved it and would not stop talking about it for weeks. I actually had to tell them that I needed a break from these in-depth conversations we kept having about it. Go figure.

Oh yeah...FF7 when Aerith meets her demise...I know its not a movie...but man, thats some sad stuff. God bless the Japanese for providing me with such great entertainment.

Oh God, how could I have forgotten "Blow". Johnny Depp is amazing in all his movies, but that movie was soooooo depressing, and soooooo good. The betrayal and the scene at the end where his daughter "comes to visit him"...my God, it's so heartbreaking. That movie envokes so much emotion from me everytime I see it. Good stuff.

DaMan1048 said:
There have been a few movies that made me shed a tear or two, but a couple of the most memorable are...

American History X: The end of the movie...after all is said and done and so much progress is made in eliminating ignorance...an incident/stupid kid attempting to find/make his place in his "situation" can bring the problem right back...quite sad. Stereotypes are made to be fallen into...

American Beauty: I loved that movie and I loved that character...(Kevin Spacy is a badass)

(Speaking of anime) Neon Genesis Evangelion and Samurai X(Not the cheesy Rorouni Kenshin series) both choked me up. As far as Evangelion goes...note: whenever I watch this series I do it all in one day...something about seeing the characters you've come to love meet such nasty...well, anyone who hasn't seen this series should really check it out. It is one of the most enthralling and best peices of work I have ever seen...and that goes for all forms of entertainment. Even my anime-hating friends loved it and would not stop talking about it for weeks. I actually had to tell them that I needed a break from these in-depth conversations we kept having about it. Go figure.

Oh yeah...FF7 when Aerith meets her demise...I know its not a movie...but man, thats some sad stuff. God bless the Japanese for providing me with such great entertainment.

Ha, you sure it wasnt emotional cuz u spent so many hours leveling her up only to realize she dies and u lost that time levelin someone else up? 🙂

Seven year old Margaret O'Brien kicking furiously at an unexploded bomb in the climactic scene of 1944's "The Canterville Ghost," with Charles Laughton and Robert Young.

The final scene from Swing Kids(1993)... (also when the guy cuts his wrists with an LP in the bathtub)

When they find the dead baby in Trainspotting(1996), really crude scene...

i dont think i have ever cried during a film but that doesnt mean that i dont get all choked up inside. after watching the japanese drama "a beautiful life" i felt down and pretty much didnt feel like doing anything for the duration of that day, just sat there and thought about the sadness of kyoko's death.

Check out the "Tea scene" in The Elephant Man. If you can get through *that* scene without your emotions being effected, I'd be pretty impressed.

Anyone who can watch the end of the miniseries "Taken" without getting emotional is made of stone.
And anyone who sits through "Taken" has too much free time.

The aforementioned scene's involving Jimmy Stewert are right at the top of my movie list along with the scene in 'On Golden Pond' where Jane Fonda and her rel life father Henry Fonda do a touching good bye I love you scene with a huge assist from Katherine Hepburn. As far as TV scenes go I would have to say the two that stand out in my mind and brought tears to my eyes are when Edith dies and Archie has to accept it and when Rader breaks the news to everyone in the operating room that Col. Henry Blake's plane has crashed into the Sea of Japan and he is dead.

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back