• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The new version (10) of Windows Media Player

Faramir

1st Level Orange Feather
Has anyone been having problems with it?

Sometimes my security program tells me that setup_wm.exe is trying to connect to a remote system (this has only happened when I have the Media Player running ), and when I trace the IP address it is never the same location.

Other than that, I love the new player.

(or could this be issues with Service Pack 2?)

Last edited:
with the player on screen click on tools > options > select player tab then uncheck the box next to "Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)" if that doesn't work then it probably is the Service Pack 2. The only problem I am having with it is that I cannot get vid caps to appear in the Paint program. I just get a screen shot of the player with no picture in it.

Donald said:
with the player on screen click on tools > options > select player tab then uncheck the box next to "Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)" if that doesn't work then it probably is the Service Pack 2. The only problem I am having with it is that I cannot get vid caps to appear in the Paint program. I just get a screen shot of the player with no picture in it.

I got the same trouble some time ago with my wmp (vers 8.x) until i got all codecs, after it i never got that trouble again.

So far so good, no problems yet........... Just the getting used to the slightly new style than that of WMP 9.

Hi, guys,

Stormy, that is normal default behaviour of WMP and is an automatic check for updates. You can disable the function to check for updates automatically, although it may still try to connect, ostensibly to search for codecs. Obtaining any optional codec packs might reduce this activity, though you can just block the outgoing connexion at the firewall, as I have to do.

Donald, I believe that WMP does not allow screenshots to be made of the video images, regardless of version. There is third-party software to allow screen captures, though I have not used it and cannot recommend any particular brand. www.webattack.com has a lot of free utilities and might have something suitable 🙂

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back