• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickle Game - Artists Needed

skapanther

Heyy Everyone, I've Been On Here A Few Years Now But I've Decided To Start Over With A New Account, I've Just Got The Hang Of Flash And After Playing All Of Ilohnohs Games, Which Are SWEET, I've Decided To Go Ahead And Use Flash, They Won't Be As Good As His But It'll Be Somethin For You To Do While You Wait For His Next One ;D And To Get The Best I Can Out Of It I'd Like To Use Other Peoples Artwork In The Game Cuz I Don't Have A Scanner Or Anythin Like That An It'll Look So Much Better If I Get Real Artwork, If You Wanna Help Out Just Post Your Drawings In This Thread, They Can Be B+W Or Coloured Or Whatever You Want And The Characters Are Totally Up To You, Also It Doesn't Have To Be An All Girls Game, If People Wanna Tickle Guys I'll Be Happy To Put Them In As Characters. Any Takers? =) x

I like your spirit kid...

But I tried something like that too.

Only I don't know squat about Flash. Maybe it'll be different for you because you have some technical knowledge. One guy told me that 'People like to PLAY games, not MAKE them.'

Rather than COMPLETELEY discouraging you from trying, I'll volunteer to do some drawing for you if you can't get anyone else to. I just need a bit of direction... and to find my scanner.

Heyy Everyone, I've Been On Here A Few Years Now But I've Decided To Start Over With A New Account, I've Just Got The Hang Of Flash And After Playing All Of Ilohnohs Games, Which Are SWEET, I've Decided To Go Ahead And Use Flash, They Won't Be As Good As His But It'll Be Somethin For You To Do While You Wait For His Next One ;D And To Get The Best I Can Out Of It I'd Like To Use Other Peoples Artwork In The Game Cuz I Don't Have A Scanner Or Anythin Like That An It'll Look So Much Better If I Get Real Artwork, If You Wanna Help Out Just Post Your Drawings In This Thread, They Can Be B+W Or Coloured Or Whatever You Want And The Characters Are Totally Up To You, Also It Doesn't Have To Be An All Girls Game, If People Wanna Tickle Guys I'll Be Happy To Put Them In As Characters. Any Takers? =) x

Ah, I get a colleague 😀

Thanks for the praise on my games (well appreciated!) and it's exciting to see someone else going for this. I have three little "suggestions". One is that it might be useful to post your IDEA, otherwise the artists have no clue what they are supposed to draw. It's very hard to make a game out of a selection of random-but-related drawings if you understand what I am saying. You'll have to build a story around it or something. So let's say you are planning to make a 'tickle-dating-sim' (to just name something) then artists already have a bit an idea in what direction to think and what kind of artwork they might need to make. If you get ONLY tickle pictures it may be hard to really make a game about it as the only thing you'll be able to present is laughing faces (cut-outs of the pictures) and tickle-scenes. You'll need also characters stand alone, possibly with different expressions.

After reading Jevil's message; It's true that people tend to want to play games rather than make them (I'm an exception). In this case, however, it looks like SkaPanther is doing the opposite, wanting to write the game, just not being able to deliver the artwork. However, perhaps it is just as hard to actually find an artist who has time to make multiple pieces of artwork - and how many do you need in the first place? They'd have to know before they can commit.

My second suggestion is this: If you can't get people to invest (a lot of) time to do new artwork, perhaps you can get people's permission to make a game including a selection of artwork they have already posted. DO ask for permission first though! If I take my comic 'Jen' as an example: There's a lot of pictures of Jen already in there, being tickled and otherwise. It would be just a cut'n'paste job to get a couple of useful images to be used in a game (unless it's an action game, but believe me, nobody will be wanting to make animation frames). Of course you'll have to be able to use PaintShop or another program like that to make it work. Cutting and pasting, rescaling existing pictures, etc.

My final suggestion is (and please don't take that as an offence), please try not to capitalize every first letter of every word. Aside from it probably being quite a lot of work, it doesn't make English 'easy to read' and I think a lot of people are not willing to read through a lot of text styled like that. Especially those who are punctuational (sp?) when it comes to grammar may be highly annoyed by it. In case you don't know where capitals should go, a good ground rule is to only capitalize the first letter in each sentence, each word 'I' and the first letter of a person's or place's name. Then you'll do real good. That also gives you a much better chance that people will be playing your game as they might not be too interested if it's 'hard to read' if you understand what I'm saying.

I won't offer any of my art (yet at least) unless you're getting desperate. I understand you'll be wanting to create your OWN game and probably with its own artwork (all the other games already have my artwork anyway!) So if any artist is willing to cooperate in this and step up... there you go! If nothing works within a month or so, you can send me a PM and I'll probably give you rights to use some of my existing artwork, but I'd more like to see you really take the advantage of other artists out here if you can!

Good luck,
IloHnoH.

Thanks for the feedback =) first sorry bout the awkward way i type its just a habbit cuz i think it looks nicer =p well yeah im not really looking for heavily commited artists just the chance to use some basic sketches, i did a college course on multimedia and half of it was flash animating so i should be able to get it looking good with just a few pictures, i'll giveout more info on what the games about in about a week when everythings been put into motion, and i get what you mean Jevil, flash used to make me suicidal but ive managed to learn alot more about it since then so i WILL atleast make one decent game, thanks for the help both of you, check back again in a few days and ill let everyone know whats goin down x

Looking forward to see what you'll get started. If you don't get support, don't be afraid to contact me. A few rough sketches are easily made. By the way, they can even do the job better than full-detail colour pictures. Leaves something for the imagination too. 😉

I gotta keep my reservations here. A guy shows up outta nowhere, and his first post is to ask artists to donate their time and effort to a video game? Sounds like a scam for art to me. I'd wait to see what this guy can actually produce before I were to even lift a finger to jump into a project like this.

I gotta keep my reservations here. A guy shows up outta nowhere, and his first post is to ask artists to donate their time and effort to a video game? Sounds like a scam for art to me. I'd wait to see what this guy can actually produce before I were to even lift a finger to jump into a project like this.

Right you are Sammi, you don't wanna get scammed like with that "big footed chick"

You do have a point there, Bella Donna. I myself tend to be on the trustworthy side and give people the positive side of the doubt. Then again, reading the initial message - things are a little unclear. He doesn't mind what character(s) the pictures are of, etc. doesn't give a good idea of what kind of game it is going to be and how he is planning to put 'separate pictures' together into a working game. You're right in thinking that's dubious. For him to prove us wrong though. He's got some artwork now and so let's see what he can do with that. If we never see anything being kicked in motion you were probably right.

So long as we're on the subject, Mr. Ilohnoh; those games of yours look fun to play, but I can never seem to make them work. I though it might be a flashplayer thing, so I updated it, and I'm still not getting anything from the files of yours I download. Is there something I'm not doing right when I extract and join the files?

*Oh, wait
I've got it. they're two seperate files. Lol
I suck at computering. Xp

Last edited:
So long as we're on the subject, Mr. Ilohnoh; those games of yours look fun to play, but I can never seem to make them work. I though it might be a flashplayer thing, so I updated it, and I'm still not getting anything from the files of yours I download. Is there something I'm not doing right when I extract and join the files?

*Oh, wait
I've got it. they're two seperate files. Lol
I suck at computering. Xp

My games are not using flashplayer (I have never learned flash). But... I take it that you managed to get it working and such? 🙂

If you're posting your work to an online forum- especially for those of us who do so anonymously (or who think we do)- why would you expect people not to take it? You put a copyright notice on it? and then post it on a free forum?
Maybe the post sounds suspicious, but so far he's only asked for what those of us who post art have been doing all along.

I said long ago that anyone who wants to use or alter my art is welcome to do so at their discretion. I'm not willing to make the effort to attach license or copyright statements, either, although I'm also not going to make the effort to dig through the dozens of pics I've posted to offer them up.
It would be cool to someday see a game made from some of my pics. I can program too, but, to keep with the trend, I'm not willing to make the effort...

I think that my early artwork probably had some sort of disclaimer on them. Not copyright because I haven't acquired any. I don't really care for it now. I have no trouble with people copying my pictures and artwork or even games, as long as my nick name remains on it. There's usually the IloHnoH logo or just the word "IloHnoH". If people want to modify my artwork or use it in a game or something I sort of expect them to ask permission (which is pretty easily given from my part) just out of respect. The OP is not doing anything wrong in that respect.

Thanks to the people who dont think im trying to rob them for a start haha thats appreciated alot, i've done a bit of a quick flash thing to 1; prove im not scamming by actually doing some work, and 2; to show you the kind of artwork i want, i should have specified that before so sorry about that, it'll be posted up by friday with an explanation of how the games gonna work and the kind of artwork im hoping for, thanks people =)

Looking forward to this muchly!

I've done quite a lot of games myself, but it's much fun to actually be able to play a game that I did NOT make myself and already know through and through! Even if it never gets finished for one or another reason, it'll be nice to follow the progress. - But I hope you do make it work!

😀 Good luck mate!

The Basics

Here we go, this is a basic layout i've picked for the game, apologies that its a bit simple but with this being essentially blue prints it made sense to keep it basic and save my spare time for the ACTUAL games, these are the 3 poses i was hoping for, you can see why i need artists help cuz i can't draw for nothin =| the first set of games i make out of this project are gonna be rock paper scissors based which im going to add peoples characters to for each new version (kinda like the slot machines ilohnohs working on, except those take alot more effort), then i'll move onto something more player related like an adventure game, so if anyones got any relative artwork and doesnt mind contributing, it'd be appreciated, thanks everyone =) x

It's really nice, for the most part.
The only major thing noticeable is that the upside down option crashes the whole program. >_>

Really good for an example though. ^_^
I hope this project gets much more fluid now with this.

Hey man, I think that was really nice for a demo!

I also think that the character looks really cute and I wouldn't even mind just seeing your artwork in there.

Of course there are always better artists (the same counts for me, even though my artwork is well respected) but I think you're not the worst artist either. I think your drawings have enough to give everyone a solid picture of the scenes but at the same time exclude a certain detail level, leaving room for the imagination of the viewer.

So yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised. Don't be afraid to go with the skills you have. Even if just for your first project(s). When things kick in and people like your games I have a feeling that it's getting easier to get other artwork too.

PS: This makes me wish I knew more about flash too... makes graphics manipulation a lot easier. If I'd want to move boobs or feet like that, it'd be a nightmare and I'd need to make static pictures of the are for each frame and save them separately. ugh. That's the drawback of my way...

Oh, by the way, what Tickler21 said: The upside down just turns the character upside down and after that tickling doesn't seem to work anywhere any more. That's not a big deal because it's just a demo. But one thing I noticed also that the "Armpit tickling" is not in fact tickling the armpits. *grin* It's all good though.

Well done. 😀

I can't open the demo program. *tear* 🙁

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back