• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickle Safeword

Mislaffsalot

TMF Master
Do you (or the person you tickle) have a safeword for when the tickling gets to be too intense? If so, what is it? Or does it change from session to session? I was just wondering because I can't think of a safeword that I, myself, would use if I were a ticklee. It would have to be something relatively easy to say, especially when out of breath and in the throws of tickling torture. I'm just curious about the types of safewords that others use. If it is too personal a question to answer, I understand. Any thoughts?

I've had safewords as simple as the word, "safeword"... as crazy as, "____ (insert name) is a sexy bitch!", and as basic as uncle.

It just depends who I'm playing with.

Until the last year or so, I only used the safeword if I was in pain. Sometimes even the best of lers make mistakes. Most are smart enough to understand the word "Ouch", but I had to safeword once to make some idiot stop. (much to my annoyance.)

But anyways, like I said before, it depends on the person you are playing with and their sense of humor. In college I made a guy say I was the Queen of All. *man was that fun*

Nowadays, I just say plain old uncle.

CeeCee 🙂

ceecee2335 said:
In college I made a guy say I was the Queen of All. *man was that fun*

LOL! That is hilarious! I'll have to remember that if I ever get up the courage to bind a helpless guy and tickle him mercilessly. That IS a fun safeword!

I've never had a safeword before, but after a small incident last nite, I think my girl and I are going to have to invest in one...ever have an emotionally traumatic night and attempt to end on a good note by starting to get chummy with your mate?? Yeah...bad move...she started tickling me, and I, still in a bad mental state, instead of laughing, started crying....so I need to figure out a safeword so she knows before tears have to come around that I'm not handling things well...I'm not ashamed to use one if it's for something like that...now if I was in the right frame of mind...and she was attacking me...well, I dunno if I'd ever want her to stop...especially now with our new bed she bought...with lots of places on the head board to tie me to it...NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mislaffsalot said:
Do you (or the person you tickle) have a safeword for when the tickling gets to be too intense? If so, what is it? Or does it change from session to session? I was just wondering because I can't think of a safeword that I, myself, would use if I were a ticklee. It would have to be something relatively easy to say, especially when out of breath and in the throws of tickling torture. I'm just curious about the types of safewords that others use. If it is too personal a question to answer, I understand. Any thoughts?

While I personally as the LEE have never used or uttered a safeword in both situations , me as ler or lee, IF a safeword IS to be said..."Rumplestiltskin" is usually the word of choice.
Some use color codes. Yellow meaning to slow down or decrease intensity or have a brief pause. Red meaning session is done.
Basically it has to be a word that would not normally be said. For instance, you won't want the word to be "Stop" "Please No more" "Enough" etc etc.

Depending on the person or people you play with.....the safe word should only be used if absolutely positively no doubt about necessary. Otherwise, tickle away~!

TTD

Last edited:
Well, obviously not all of us have the same stamina as TTD, so I think a safeword would be (for lack of a better word) safe. "Rumplestiltskin" is hard enough to say when NOT being tickled. I think it would be even more of a tongue twister when out of breath and barely able to think. I like the idea of using colors, though. Yellow - slow down, red - stop, etc.

And Camel26 is right. I never thought of needing a safeword before the tickling even started. If someone isn't in the mood for tickling, it's good to have a word to say to your partner that tells them that you REALLY don't want to play right now.

Has anyone ever been so out of breath that they couldn't even shout out their safeword? That would scare me a bit, I think.

Mislaffsalot said:
Well, obviously not all of us have the same stamina as TTD, so I think a safeword would be (for lack of a better word) safe. "Rumplestiltskin" is hard enough to say when NOT being tickled. I think it would be even more of a tongue twister when out of breath and barely able to think. I like the idea of using colors, though. Yellow - slow down, red - stop, etc.

And Camel26 is right. I never thought of needing a safeword before the tickling even started. If someone isn't in the mood for tickling, it's good to have a word to say to your partner that tells them that you REALLY don't want to play right now.

Has anyone ever been so out of breath that they couldn't even shout out their safeword? That would scare me a bit, I think.

LMAO....stamina has nothing to do with it. More Stubborn-ness than stamina.
Rumplestiltskin is a hard one to say perhaps but then again.... lol.
You could use a variety of words or phrases. When the tickler KNOWS how to read the LEE, there usually is no problem. Any simple word can be used for the lee to scream out while being tickled. The end of a scene word or phrase could be used when you give the lee a brief pause in the tickling and you ask them to say a specific word or phrase. You give her/him a few seconds or so to say it and if it is not said, the tickling continues. Something like that comes in to Play when there is a specific motive or plan in the tickle session game. If you are role playing or if the intent is to make the lee say a specific word or phrase. If there is no plan of attack or motive and the tickle session is a free for all tickle torture with no intent to make the lee say anything, then you would want to use a simple word or set of words(Red,Yellow) or use the pause method. There are lots who do not want to use a safeword because it transfers control to the ticklee and that takes away from the psychological aspect of the experience when the lee can stop it that easily, The safeword should only be used when it is absolutely necessary but most of the time when the tickling is intense and wild, the lee would naturally say anything(the safeword) to make the tickling stop even though he/she may NOT really want it to. Many like to be pushed to their limits and perrhaps beyond. I know I would LOVE to find where my limit is and to be taken there and beyond. The real trick is to KNOW the lee. Personally, as the tickler, I KNOW people in general and will get to know the lee. I am able to tell and know when to pause in the tickling. Plus I am in the medical field so that gives me a bit more of an advantage and I know not everyone IS in the med field. It is usually good yes to have an emergency word in place if it is needed or strongly desired but the more you get to know your lee the less you will really NEED it. Same goes for the lee. The the lee knows and trusts the LER,(even when in a gang tickling.....there should be one designated tickler in charge to run the scene)the less a safeword is NEEDED.
A tickle session is by far soooooo much more of an intense experience both physically and psychologically.....it makes all the difference in the world.

TTD

Mislaffsalot said:
want to play right now.

As the LEE I have, several times, while being tickled, got to the point where only hysteria would come out of me. Lauging so hard I could not do or say anything but laugh. Wasn't really scary though. Sort of a state of absolute Euphoria.

TTD

I think the best method would just be regular pauses, established with the ticklee in advance. And, of course, also just keeping an eye on the ticklee (face becoming red, breathing harder, and so on). The pauses should be frequent, because one could start feeling bad at any moment, but they can also be very short, to keep both the ticklee and the tickler in the "torture" mood 🙂

While safeword would probably let the ticklee feel safer, TTD is right: if the ticklee is really ticklish, would say anything to make the tickling stop, even if didn't want.

As the LEE I have, several times, while being tickled, got to the point where only hysteria would come out of me. Lauging so hard I could not do or say anything but laugh

I agree with TTD here - sometimes the tickling is so intense I fall into that hysterical silent laughter where nothing would escape my lips. I guess that is where trust in your ler to know your limits comes into play.

TickledToDeath said:
When the tickler KNOWS how to read the LEE, there usually is no problem. Any simple word can be used for the lee to scream out while being tickled. The end of a scene word or phrase could be used when you give the lee a brief pause in the tickling and you ask them to say a specific word or phrase. You give her/him a few seconds or so to say it and if it is not said, the tickling continues.
I like the idea of giving the 'lee a chance (a breath) to say the safeword. I'm primarily a 'ler (or more-so, an able and willing 'ler), but have toyed with the idea of being the victim. I just have a slight fear of knowing how ticklish I am and not being able to do anything but laugh once a session has begun. Maybe, once I'm used to the relentless tickling sensations and more willing to test my limits, the idea of a safeword won't be such a big deal. It's just something that's been on my mind lately. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. :happy:

Mislaffsalot said:
I like the idea of giving the 'lee a chance (a breath) to say the safeword. I'm primarily a 'ler (or more-so, an able and willing 'ler), but have toyed with the idea of being the victim. I just have a slight fear of knowing how ticklish I am and not being able to do anything but laugh once a session has begun. Maybe, once I'm used to the relentless tickling sensations and more willing to test my limits, the idea of a safeword won't be such a big deal. It's just something that's been on my mind lately. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. :happy:

Mislaffsalot,

And those who are LEE'ing for the first time and like Mislaffsalot said, knowing how ticklish she is(ooo you should come to the NYE gathering tonight) should try this method for your first time out into the world of BEING Tickled.

Go in 15 second incriments and progress.

The tickler tickles you non stop for 15 seconds. Stops.
Then you are tickled nons stop for 30 seconds. Stop.
Then 45 seconds non stop.....etc etc etc.
(You can adjust the incriments down to 10 or 5 seconds and progress accordingly). It will be sort of like building up a tolerance as to how long you can handle being tickled non stop.
Eventually a safeword will be less important as you will come to know not only your LER but yourself as well.

TTD

Wow TTD...that method just made me feel all tingly...I'll have to try it out with my girl...have fun tonite!!! I am DYING to be there next year!!!! Take lots of pics and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Camel26 said:
Wow TTD...that method just made me feel all tingly...I'll have to try it out with my girl...have fun tonite!!! I am DYING to be there next year!!!! Take lots of pics and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Hope this method does the trick and then some. Let me know how it works out. As for next year.......I hope you can make it! There will be a NYE3 sp plan for it now. It will be a weekend again and a Saturday NYE!
Send me your email addy when you get the chance so I can put you in my address book and have it ready to send out the invite to that and other Hyenas Club gatherings.

TTD

Ps. You could also join the Hyenas Club. Click on link below.

TickledToDeath said:
"Rumplestiltskin" is usually the word of choice

lol... and you DO recall who started that word back with Tracy!

Safewords. Good for health conditions or very unsure Tops.... but overused. If you have trust, if you have any experience, if you have any knack for being a Top at all- then safewords are simply just training wheels. Like giving control of the brakes on the roller coaster over to the passengers.... which always ruins the ride for everyone.

Tickling is about loss of control, not staying in charge with safe word usage.

It's just tickling. Open up. Explore yourself. Try it w/o the brakes on... and you'll have the ride of your life w/o ever leaving the bed.

KJ

great question

I'm still looking for a ler that would make me want to use a safeword. I guess I'm in that purgatory where I love to be tickled but I'm not ticklish enough. one time I said stop to my girlfriend and she did. I wish she hadn't, I was never that ticklish again. Any thoughts on how to be more ticklish

Bottom line really is trust and experience. Trust your ler and the experience of the ler.
Allow yourself to be taken beyond what you would normally THINK you can handle. Having an "out", one will take that "out". The control should be with the Ler thus adding to the psychological aspect of the experience.
Once you swim in deep waters, the kiddie pool just doesn't splash up!
One cannot tred water in the shallow end.
Roll the dice. Let go. You will be glad you did.

TTD

I typically don't have use a safeword. Mostly because of the psychological aspect of things. If I know I can stop it, then it's just not as fun. Depsite being tied up and tickled, I know that ultimately I have control with a safeword. It kinda ruins the feel of being the submissive one in the situation. Of course, it means I typically only really have fun with 'lers I trust, but it makes things much more satisfying.

It wasn't a safeword, really, because these weren't planned-out tickle sessions (never had one of those) but rather frequent spontaneous bouts of tickle-torture. But I had a girlfriend in college whose political leanings were radically different from mine; she liked to hold me down and tickle me, and she wouldn't stop until I said something like "Rush Limbaugh is a genius" or, like, "Newt Gingrich is a great man"--it changed from attack to attack, but it was always something she knew it would be difficult for me to make myself say, ensuring that the torture would go on as long as I could possibly stand it.

(And frankly, half the time, she'd keep tickling after I broke down and said the thing anyway.)

Though it is not a word, I think that the ticklee should start coughing, when he/she want's to have a break.
For one reason it's very difficult to speak when you are tickled, for another coughing is also a natural reaction caused by the loss of breath.
Moreover the tickler should always have an eye on the ticklee and his/her reactions.

Wade said:
It wasn't a safeword, really, because these weren't planned-out tickle sessions (never had one of those) but rather frequent spontaneous bouts of tickle-torture. But I had a girlfriend in college whose political leanings were radically different from mine; she liked to hold me down and tickle me, and she wouldn't stop until I said something like "Rush Limbaugh is a genius" or, like, "Newt Gingrich is a great man"--it changed from attack to attack, but it was always something she knew it would be difficult for me to make myself say, ensuring that the torture would go on as long as I could possibly stand it.

(And frankly, half the time, she'd keep tickling after I broke down and said the thing anyway.)
I like the idea of the 'ler coming up with the safeword, especially if it is something the 'lee definitely doesn't want to say. So the 'lee will be less likely to say the safeword unless he or she is truly desperate. Sounds devious. Me likes!

My wife insists that we have a safeword so here is what we have used:

Rubber glove
Lolligaging
I love you
(here's a clever one that can backfire) Keep tickling
Talcum powder
Batteries
*Ghostbusters tune*
Zippidy doo daa
positively marvelous
oklahoma (traditional)
Ich Bin __________ <<<insert name
Hahahappy HeHeHeater
Ford Mondeo
Car Car Scar

I try to make the words hard to say when you are being tickled so they can't say t as often! the hahahappy heheheater was meant to keeo her laughing but she got used to it once we used it a couple of times!

ahhhhhhh memories 😀

Mislaffsalot said:
I like the idea of the 'ler coming up with the safeword, especially if it is something the 'lee definitely doesn't want to say. So the 'lee will be less likely to say the safeword unless he or she is truly desperate. Sounds devious. Me likes!

Mm-hmm, you would've liked this woman. She was not just devious but--I would argue--brutal. I still remember the way her eyes lit up the first time she found out I was ticklish. Truly that day was my downfall...

Camel26 said:

Go in 15 second incriments and progress.

The tickler tickles you non stop for 15 seconds. Stops.
Then you are tickled nons stop for 30 seconds. Stop.
Then 45 seconds non stop.....etc etc etc.
(You can adjust the incriments down to 10 or 5 seconds and progress accordingly). It will be sort of like building up a tolerance as to how long you can handle being tickled non stop.
Eventually a safeword will be less important as you will come to know not only your LER but yourself as well.

TTD

Did you try this out yet, Camel? Would LOVE to know how it turned or turns out!

TTD

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back