• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling Machine development questions

PaulAtOA

Hi there!

This is my first post, so a brief introduction seems appropriate. Tickling is relatively minor among my many dominance-centric interests, but also has had more staying power than many other things I've done. What has actually brought me, as the title suggests, is interest in a tickling machine. I definitely have a machine fetish, closely coupled with helplessness-related fantasies... and the ultimate way to hold someone helpless is (to me) to employ upon them a ruthless unstoppable machine of any description! Someone interested in my other work brought up the idea of tickling machine as a commercial project, but to be honest just like every other machine I've made it's my own personal interest in the device possibilities that leads me down the road.

A review of the archives here shows that this topic has come up off and on for a number of years. What I've seen of existing machines differs substantially from what I have in mind. I see that someone built a box-style foot stockade with a spinning feather duster, and so forth. I've seen the dedicated room with body-mapping "eye" and dancing dongle. Despite some apparent interest and a number of ideas tossed about, there has been surprisingly little advancement in this area, at least exposed in public view.

I am a pretty serious builder of "erotic machines"... a pioneer in the area of modern sex machines as well as a leading manufacturer, and the manufacturer of a stellar spanking machine lineup. These can be seen at my site, http://www.orgasmalley.com, if you'd like to confirm before burning cycles posting your thoughts and opinions. As it happens, I have some background in a number of relevant technologies, including servos, actuators, microcomputers, and computer programming. I intend to build a tickling machine, whether it's commercially viable or not.

To me, a good tickling is a slow, patient dance using the barest of touch most of the time, moving about unpredictably, characterized by long expectant pauses. I envision a machine design composed of two (at least) types of "pod" unit... a short throw and a long throw, referring to the linear travel distance. Each pod would operate independently based on instructions from a common computer control system, which could itself be driven locally by a person, automatically (randomly, based on user program, or from prior recording), or over the Internet. Each pod has three controllable factors:

1 - Pressure. The pod would use a sensor to maintain a roughly constant distance from target across body curves, and can adjust the pressure of touch from this distance knowledge. It probably will not be able to press "hard"... I'm looking for "drive you mad" sensual tickling as opposed to a deep rib-tickling grab.
2 - Linear motion. The pod will mount directly to the human body over a specific area, and be able to move along the body by a maximum of something like 6 or 12". The shorter distance pod would be for the soles of feet or genitals, while the longer pod could cover an armpit and the 8" or so beneath, just as an example.
3 - Effector motion. There will be an end effector moved along by the linear actuator, which also presents its own motion. My early vision is using an RC servo here, providing either full rotation in either direction or highly controlled rotation across a 180 degree arc. Rotation might be either with or across the direction of linear travel... that will be a matter of some testing. Perhaps both mounting options.

For a full vision, picture a person restrained on a bed or equivalent, arms-up, feet secured individually. To each foot is attached an ankle immobilization boot with open sole, over which operates the short-throw pod. To each side of this person is strapped a long-throw pod, capable of tickling their armpit and side below it. These four pods are all controlled by a central PC, which can put them to use in any combination from one at a time to all four, microscopic movements to fairly vigorous brushings. Now, I'll be back in an hour or two, if I remember you today... 😉

I hope people are interested enough in this topic of provide some thoughts. Have you built something similar already? If so, what did you learn? What abilities above aren't interesting to you, or what really interesting things are missing from the above?

Thanks for reading this far!
Paul

I went to your site but did not see a rendition/drawing or otherwise of the Tickling Machine

Right now, only thing I can say that is missing is "pressure adjustment" for the upper body tickling. However I would have to see more to make a full assessment.

If you are aiming for a "sensual tickle" that would drive people crazy, as far as the tickling implements go, I suggest covering whatever is tickling or probing in a velvet - like material, and/or implementing some sort of feather using capabilities 😛

Interesting. Have you considered using rotating static dusters attached to various spots on a bondage x-frame (like the feets, thighs, pelvis, arm pits)?

Thanks for the early responses. A few replies:
1 - No, there is nothing related to the tickling machine project on my site. At the moment, this is for personal development. If it's sufficiently successful, reliable, and desirable based on what it will cost, I will certainly consider a ticking machine as a commercial product. I just don't know at this point. I do plan to design and build with potential commercialization in mind.
2 - Each of the three "pod controllable factors" I listed initially will be present in each pod size. In other words, the pressure level _is_ adjustable for both pod sizes. As pressure is probably applied by a mid-range RC servo, and the effector is rotated by a similar device, the range of pressure that can be applied will be somewhat limited. I expect to go from not touching to a moderate pressure level, with very precise control in between.
3 - One of the biggest design questions is the nature of the end effector. I appreciate the comments about velvet/feather. This aspect is really up in the air at this time... there are a number of factors favoring either a simple disc or a cup shape, but a drum would at least potentially cover a broader area. Mounting and support challenges may make a drum impractical.
4 - I have not considered a frame or St Andrews cross with mounted powered dusters. Not only don't I want this to be a large piece of furniture, I am hoping to achieve far more varied sensation than a spinning duster can achieve. I put that stimulus in the same category as the powered-duster-in-a-box... I'm sure it tickles, but I don't think it tickles very much. I would like to capture the sort of pressure, location, and sensation variations that an effective human tickler employs in a good session.

Again, thank you folks for the comments!
Paul

Genius!

i would recomend, if possible, the ability to add more pods. so you could have the ribs and sides covered as well as the stomach and upper chest. same with lower body ones, both feet, thighs, and genitals. also if this concept becomes reality consider one already sold. *throws wallet at you* Shut up and take my money! 🙂

If you will be testing this out on yourself...with nobody else around, I recommend a "timer" so you an not only test different time increments but so that it shuts off automatically thus not tickling you to death! lol

Thanks again, folks. While there is some realistic limit on the number of _independent_ pods that could run at once, it would be possible to add a larger number of "slave pods" run from a single Arduino and thus a single UBS control feed. Without additional mods, an Arduino can probably run three, possibly four pods. It then becomes a question of the mounting system, and since I am first and foremost a custom fabricator, that part is easy to handle. I this manages to move to a production state, the only real limit to the number of pods or their capabilities is one's willingness to invest to get it 😉

Happily or sadly, depending on your perspective, I am basically impervious to tickling and useless as a tester. Luckily, my wife is exceptionally ticklish 😉

I tried tying a feather to a metronome, but the pendulum couldn't take the pressure (as light as it was). I think there should also be a randomness to the pattern... Maybe an air hose type deal with a feather tied to the end of that?

I've read stories about tickle machines. I found them so cool. I just wonder about true effectiveness of a real machine. It'd so awesome if one was real!

This is an insane concept to consider. A machine...with no sympathy or emotion...Just endless tickling. Doesn't respond to begging or pleading... Way to go man ^-^

There are massage machines that could be converted. there was one with wheels which 'walk' protusions along the back. I think to simulate fingers (or better), rubber nipples/thimbles could attached and the 'lee could be supine, so the wheels prod along the front - upper thighs, groin, belly and chest. You could easily raise or lower the rig, or change gear if you want more intense tickling, or attach brushes or feathers. The thing I saw was like something in a di Vinci notebook.

Wouldn't it have to be random in some way? Tickling one place for a long time desensitises it. Good 'lers move around and surprise a lee. It is possible and a tickling machine is a kind of Eldorado for us. I have a friend convinced she could do something with nanobots or hexabots. I'd but up for being strapped naked into something with thousands of twirling feathery devices just to see how it felt. If they moved around it could feel amazing.

This is an insane concept to consider. A machine...with no sympathy or emotion...Just endless tickling. Doesn't respond to begging or pleading... Way to go man ^-^

When you mean endless do you mean it doesn't stop unless someone stops it for you? Isn't that kind of dangerous; if you don't have someone to stop it you might get injured (fatal asphyxiation not withstanding).

Another reason to study engineering. 😉 I think a sadistic human is still better, especially given the playtime. Responding to begging or pleading doesn't mean you are less sadistic. To me tickling is about her losing control and given her some breathing time doesn't mean there isn't more tickling to follow. You can even play by giving her the illusion you're being gentle, while slowly wearing her out and then capitalise on that.

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back