• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling Vid stuck in VCR

andymac1

2nd Level Red Feather
Hi all!

Anyone technically minded with VCR's? Any VCR repairers here?

I have one of my fave tickling vids stuck in my VCR and reluctant to take it to a repair shop for fear they will view it!

I am happy to save the vid and chuck the VCR if need be. The power is totally gone. The tape is not chewed up but simply stuck for lack of power to eject it. Is there a spring or release lever in VCR's?

It is a Toshiba 709B if any help. Any advice would be very appreciated. If you are successful I can send some clips!!!

Thanks!!!

Have you tried tickling the VCR to see if it will spit it out?!

But the important thing would be to see what it is that is stuck. Is it the tape itself that has been chewed, or the cassette housing that is getting stuck on ejecting. If it is the latter, I have found the odd cassette where the hinged cover has devloped a slight protrusion on the side, I imagine from overheating. In order to get it out, I have slid a narrow piece of thin cardboard or metal sheet along the edge of the cassette and tried ejecting it once again. It has generaly worked. Then, I have gently heated the offending bent bit on the cassette on a hotplate and flattened it on a cold surface.

If the power has failed, try to find out where the hitch is, at least eliminate the possibility of a loose connection in the cord.

Next thing would be to screw the cover off. I don't know the model, but many VCRs have a cover that can be lossened at the sides, and then lifted to expose the interior. You shouldn't do too much damage that way and can get at the tape

Last edited:
Unscrew every screw in sight and found along the way of slowly bit by bit taking apart the vcr. Eventually you will be able to take out the tape.
This will work regardless of the model of your vcr.
This is a universal solution.

TTD

My solution has already been suggested twice but I'll back it up. Unscrew all the screws and it should open up just like a computer. This trick will also come in handy when your kid is old enough to stick foreign objects in the vcr. 😛

Nessonite is correct except that if you want to adapt it to the case where children are sticking things in the VCR you have to add the word "quickly" to the description of how to unscrew the screws. This is because if said children were to put a garter snake in the VCR and you fail to get the garter snake out quickly (because, perhaps you waited to see if he would come out himself) the snake could poop and ruin the insides.

You just can't make this stuff up......

Tom

Ok ok Nessie...don't encouurage him! LOL (But he has a point!)

TickledToDeath said:
Unscrew every screw in sight and found along the way of slowly bit by bit taking apart the vcr. Eventually you will be able to take out the tape.
This will work regardless of the model of your vcr.
This is a universal solution.

TTD
That's what worked for me when one of my expensive catfighting videos got stuck in a 1980's-vintage VCR 😉

nessonite said:
My solution has already been suggested twice but I'll back it up. Unscrew all the screws and it should open up just like a computer. This trick will also come in handy when your kid is old enough to stick foreign objects in the vcr. 😛

...here's a suggestion...Un-plug VCR, then pry the tape out with a screw driver..If that doesn't work, try gripping the tape with a pair of plyers....
Don't worry about breaking the VCR...They're selling for about 25 or 30
dollars these days...In other words do what ever is neccessary to get the tape out...VCR's are real cheap ....

AndyMac,

Try unpluging the VCR and flip it upside down. Then hold open the little door and tip the VCR forward and see if the tape doesn't slide out. This has worked for me in the past. The tape will often fall out of it's "seating" and it will slide right out. If that doesn't work, unscrew the cover as suggested above. I think you will be suprised how easy it will be to recover your tape.

Gallodiablo

Alas, I have been banned from farting in my house! So no tactical nuking unfortunately!

So Andymac, what is the state of your precious video at the moment - and did you manage to wreck your VCR beyond repair. I'm sitting on eggs after reading all of this informative stuff.

Two words: Duct tape....

Well?? Red Green can use it to turn an old school bus into a sports bar, so why not???

Mmm... be sure to use something plastic or wood - a pencil - to recover the tape from the mechanism.

Metallic screwdrivers could ruin the magnetic coating and your tape would be good as a placeholder.

The idea of pulling the vcr apart is actually sound; that's how I recovered a tape of mine with mainstream tk scenes on.

Should the tape get - forbid - damaged or cut, you can try and mend it by using white adesive tape on the matte surface. Again it does work.

To rewind the cassette, once you recovered from it the monster, insert a pencil in the round slot in the center, and press it delicately; this will unlock the wheels and let you rewind the tape manually.

Again, use pencils or air-dusters in place of screwdrivers or hands.

No, I am not kidding. I simply have a temperamental set of vcrs...

hehe I always use a butter knife. But I didn't even think of the metal maybe destroying the magnetic part.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back