• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Timewarp's Rant Series: 27 Gift Cards

Timewarp

3rd Level Red Feather
I know it's been a while since i've last done one and even longer since I have had some feedback in any of my new threads. Perhaps i'm just not reaching a broader audience or something. Hopefully this new rant will generate a little more thought. Anyway...

Let's say, unlike me, you've got a good relationship with friends who are very generous during you birthday or one of those bs holidays like Valentines or labor day. And say, unlike me, you get a ton of gifts. Okay so maybe eventually you come across a small box from a very wealthy friend. You open up, expecting to be something like an Ipod or Iphone or Idon'tgiveashits but instead you find a card. Not just a card but a gift card for like 100 bucks at Jcpenny or something. What's your reaction? Well for me, and if I had a friend who did this to me...if I had one, I'd immediately sent it back to my friend with a letter explaining why we won't be friends anymore.

Gift Cards in my opinion, are not only the worst gift ideas, not only the worst waste of money and time, but also the biggest scam item of all time. I mean what asshole ever thought of this as a good idea? Gift cards don't do anything more than to severely piss off anyone who gets them. And I mean people still try to pass these off to this day as a good idea to using money.
Let me explain my beef.

1. Limitation: okay so whenever you buy/get a gift card its only to a very limited selection of stores or shops. I mean a real limitation of stores, probably like to stores NOONE ever goes to yet for someone reason someone decided to buy one there because they liked it. You can't use that card anywhere else. Not at diners, gas stations or for personal bets. You can't even turn that card back into cash. It's a one way deal, if losing to you is a deal. You have to wonder what a person is thinking when they decide to get one. "Oh I like this place and i'm going to make sure someone else has no choice but to like it".

2. No real Value: As for most card, there's a certain amount you have to pay in order to buy one. Be it 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 etc dollars. Plus Tax. What do you get in return? Is there a 5% discount or cash back bonus for it? Does it allow you to buy special items not for sale by other payment methods? Do you get to be part of some kinda of secret club of card holders? FUCK NO! You get a card that is worth the same amount as you payed for it...minus the tax you payed for it. And speaking of an insult to injury, those cards don't make the gift person immune to the same taxes you already payed for. If he uses it, he still has to cover the tax, even if the amount exceeds the cards value. That's just like losing your hand and then losing your arm later. It makes no sense.
Finally as a triple trifecta of punishment some cards can't be recharged, if you really wanted to screw yourself more mind ya. So if you fail to spend all of the money on that card leaving you with some cents left you're completely fucked if you can't recharge it. You're stuck with that card until you get a new one. And you won't throw it away. It would be a waste. If you want to know what that feels like, go to any arcade that uses cards to pay for games and you can't recharge it. Believe me, you'll get fucked two times over there with a 14 cent card value.

3. Laziness: Gift cards are the second most laziest idea for a gift. Only second to Hallmark Cards (Rant on that later). For two reason. One they're practically the most easiest things to get and you don't have to shop. But why the fuck would you give someone such a limitation. You might as well have given them a chore or worse just use at as an excuse for them to shop for you. I swear I would accept cash over a card any day. At least it is 100x more thoughtfull than a gift card.

4. Too many cards: There are cards for essentially every store possible. From Del Taco to Starbucks to AmPm, fuckin AmPm. Are you fucking me? Do we really need to sell gift cards at a gas station? As if people were not brain dead enough to buy gas for 3 dollars a gallon, now they are cateoring to people who couldn't even spell dollar. I swear at Del Taco is now trying to pawn off gift cards as a good substitute for real gifts. Which is insulting since they are already selling 1 Dollar gift Coupons!!! I mean this is just insane. how many people are this stupid to fall for this marketing scam?

In conclusion I want you people to make some serious critical thinking when receiving or heaven forbid buy one for yourself or another. I mean do you really want to make others suffer because you couldn't use a little thing we used to call intelligence? Come on people lets make this world less stupid, one stupid idea at a time. Fuck Gift cards, fuck gift coupons and fuck anything that only sucks down money because we're to stupid to think about it.

There now that's more broad. Now please leave your commits at the bottom of the thread. Thank you, come again.

Gift cards are the second most laziest idea for a gift.

I totally agree with you on this most of all. It takes no time or effort to get a gift card. Hell, they even put the card right next to the register so you dont even have to go into the store. The only gift card Ive seen that is useful and pracical is at the gas pumps at wal mart. If you have a gift card to get gas with, you get an extra three cents off per gallon. That may not be much but its better than all the other cards Ive been given. Plus you have to buy gas, its a requirement of being in the world and working.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back