• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Timewarp's rant series 5 (Cause I miscounted): Shows on hauntings.

Timewarp

3rd Level Red Feather
So is it close to October already? Well....no. But that doesn't mean there are some shows out there who love to be scared. Year after year we tune in to watch the unknown only to feel fear. But after watching many of these shows, I've started to notice a stagnation, if you will, of the same thing over and over. It's because all these stories always feel the same and not in a contented sort of way.
Here's some reasons.

1: Every story starts out as someone or persons going to start a new life or something. Or they don't beleive in ghost or the paranormal. The victim is always a women or kids and rarely a man which is disapointing because you can always predict their reactions. Women and kids scream, man tries to fight it but the women always begs to run away....blah blah blah.

2: When someone notice something very strange like a falling book or seeing frighting object they always shrug it off as delusion. When they finally accept it, it always after something violent happens so they never stop it in the begining.

3: Whenever a group of people visited a haunted place someone always assist to go alone to be brave, which I would never do if I hear that a place is haunted or notice strange happinings.

4a: In shows trying to prove paranormal activity, they have to explain everything but it's always like some boring explanation instead of getting right to the point.

4b: There are never enough cameras or equipment. Hience all "evidence" is either a quick flash of something or some sounds.

4c: Everytime something scary happens no one EVER catches it on camera. They just point the camera at an object and someone claims that it was thrown or fell.

4d: Every show insist on making it more scary than it really is by adding music or sound effects, which would work if those sounds honestly worked in real life. In truth i'm more scared when there is silence because then all the real noises become even more scarier.

5: For some reason, everything has to happen at night. Why? I understand darkness is a natural scare but once in a while there needs to be a change. It's not like ghost go to sleep during the day.

6: If there is a number one thing that kills tension it is a woman or girls that screem at every little thing, even if it's not paranormal.

But I guess there is a bigger difference between experiencing it and telling about it. I'd tell you one thing, if I ever go to a haunted house or something i'm bringing Holy water, a cross and either a Knife or a gun. (Blessed with Holy water of course).

(Insert your opinions down there. You might get a response within 6-8 weeks).

Those are all the reasons I've never been able to get into any of those shows like Ghost Hunters. There's way too much fake spooky and stuff. Too much fake tension. It gets boring after a while. If I wanted to see this, I'll take a flashlight into a dark place and make lots of noise. It'd be mostly the same thing.

Why does it only happen at night? My theory is rather simple: John 3:20 "Everyone who does evi hates the light, and will not come into the the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

My belief is that ghosts (at least the ones that people/science can't 'explain away') are just demons disguising themselves as the 'spirit' or 'ghost' of (fill in the blank of your local ghost story character). If they get you to believe they are ghosts, they succeed in decieving you and get your eyes on them rather than God.

Just my theory, not evangelizing the thread....at least not yet 😉

Neat theory. I believe there are good ghosts as well. 😀

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back