• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tips Thread

Nuciferyne

TMF Expert
I cannot promise this thread will be quickly updated, since I have a lot on my plate, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it. 😀

A few of you have asked about tips/tuts, so I'll ask -- what all would you like to see? I'll add tips and tricks throughout, as well as some process walkthroughs and what-have-you.
Just... keep in mind I'm a self-taught amateur... so I'm still learning myself! (Take it with a grain of salt, basically lol)

Look forward to hearing from you guys! 🙂

[Questions about how-to/my process are welcome too!]

YAAYYYS! Dere's a section here! XD
First off, thank you for all your help you've given me thus far and... looking forward to remembering lots and learning much more! 😀

Yess 😀 And thanks/you're welcome! <333
I'll start off with this link that explains about the basic shapes and quick scribbles"

http://nuciferyne.tumblr.com/post/85409985955/first-off-i-love-your-drawings-and-drawing
Example of what it explains:
howtodraw_zpsc2fc4891.jpg

Oh gah, the circles...I know they're meant to help more than anything, but I've had so much trouble just trying to get through THAT much during attempts at sketching - just trying to get the circles right and all that. :lol Still, your tutorial explains it pretty thoroughly, so thanks! Gonna have to give it another try sometime!

And seriously, it's amazing how you do feet so damn well! 😵

In your tutorial, you mention that you used SAI as your drawing platform - I assume that includes your sketching process as well, as I see your reference lines fading with each layer added. I don't have SAI (Mac-user here), but I started my drawing adventures through Corel Painter, with the same intentions of "keeping it all digital." Thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out the opitmal way of drawing on that damn graphics tablet (Bamboo Create) without getting all turned around and confused. >_<; So my question is, did you have difficulties working at first with graphics tablets, and if so, how did you overcome them? What "system" do you personally like to use when drawing that way?

Oh gah, the circles...I know they're meant to help more than anything, but I've had so much trouble just trying to get through THAT much during attempts at sketching - just trying to get the circles right and all that. :lol Still, your tutorial explains it pretty thoroughly, so thanks! Gonna have to give it another try sometime!

And seriously, it's amazing how you do feet so damn well! 😵

In your tutorial, you mention that you used SAI as your drawing platform - I assume that includes your sketching process as well, as I see your reference lines fading with each layer added. I don't have SAI (Mac-user here), but I started my drawing adventures through Corel Painter, with the same intentions of "keeping it all digital." Thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out the opitmal way of drawing on that damn graphics tablet (Bamboo Create) without getting all turned around and confused. >_<; So my question is, did you have difficulties working at first with graphics tablets, and if so, how did you overcome them? What "system" do you personally like to use when drawing that way?

Thanks for the lovely compliments. 😀
Honestly I'm not sure how I came to draw feet as I do, but I'm certainly not complaining ;D

That's a good question! I had a HORRIBLE time trying to draw with a tablet at first. Started with a bamboo too! I actually started drawing digitally with a mouse, and it was a hard transition from mouse to tablet. But here are a few things that helped me out:

1. Small strokes! I still battle my tendency to try long sweeps, and that just does not work out. If you take small strokes and just erase the little "frays" or cleanly keep connecting the lines, it works out so much better. This was probably the biggest discovery for me, followed by--

2. Draw at a large scale. If your canvas is 400 x 400, every hand quiver is going to show up, even if you're zoomed in for the finer details. If your canvas is, say, 3000x3000, when you're done you can shrink it and even if the full size is a bit wiggly, the shrunken size is going to look 70% smoother.

Zoom functions are also pretty helpful. Especially on finer details like facial features.

3. Find the settings and tools that work out best for you. Some people make "pencil" tools for their sketches, but I can't draw worth a crap with them. However, for some reason, the discovery of the blurry marker tool made my art quality skyrocket. You have to play around with them and just see.

A lot of people also rotate the canvas a lot to help with hand bias. I am forcing myself to start doing that, but it's like I'm stubborn against myself and have to do things the hardest ways possible haha.

I haven't really used Corel, or I'd give you more specific tips, sorry. Maybe if I can find time I'll dabble with it and see what I can discover.

But overall, don't feel down about it. It's not as easy as people make it look, at least it wasn't for me. I had to spend a year transitioning. :s

OH! Also! Stabilizers and Pressure Sensitivity are reeealllly helpful. So if you see those sorts of options, play with those too~!

Wow, tapping into such a creative mind! Thank you for being willing to answer questions that for those of us that are not artfully inclined such as yourself ;-)

Wow, tapping into such a creative mind! Thank you for being willing to answer questions that for those of us that are not artfully inclined such as yourself ;-)

Thank you for that~! 🙂
I'm always happy to help people, especially when they're so grateful. :lol

What's New

9/7/2024
Check the TMF Welcome forum for a place to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back