• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

To the hacha, rar, and txt posters here

cletus-factor

TMF Expert
Please for the Love of God what is so hard about just posting the files in their original format? Why go to all of the trouble to zip them and all that stuff and then name them wrong or some such nonsense which makes your post completely useless. Example being, okay so I figured out FINALLY how to use hacha. So, I download I don't know like 6 clips. Said clips needed to be first unzipped (as if the poster couldn't just post each clip, I do know that whenever I want to send multiple files on hotmail, yeah then I use a compression, but not for each individual file). So, I unzip them, and then lo and behold hacha can't read any of the files when I clicked on join. Gah, so I'm thinking I'm still not totally straight with this hacha program, so I went back to cosquillero's faq and made sure I understood it. Oh, guess what? I need a file which starts with 0. Okay so there was the 1 file through 6. So I renamed them 0 to 5. But guess what? Still no dice.

See this is what a lot of people here are bitching about. Instead of fucking these files up by pretending to be a hacker using your hacha/rar/txt crap, just post the damned things. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going off how I use hotmail and again as I said, I only need to compress folders not files, and movies are files. Post the files and then let us use something so simple as oh say windows movie maker to re-join them. WMM works on all movie types except real media format and there are not many .rm files out there.

Please someone explain to me, otherwise I will be confident in my way of thinking lol.

Maybe i can help you, but i need to see the thread from where you are downloading the files, so i can to see what did the poster. Some people, post faked .zip files, it means files not really .zip, but files with .zip extension added.

Well Cletus, this is what is so hard:
This site used to have a 2 megabyte upload limit, therefore, if we wanted to post a clip and it was over 2 mb, then we would have to split it. I know some people don't get it, and some still do not understand after reading the instructions.
How about this....
we have a section made up solely for split material, and the material that is splitted is put in there.
Oh wait...we do have a section, it's called the splits.

Look I know it's all confusing at first but when you follow the simple instructions, even you my yellow redneckean can join and split files.

People can't post clips with numerical extensions because that's a limitation of vBulletin, which is why some add a fake .txt at the end, or others zip the individual files.

The easiest way to split is with WinRAR, which compresses and splits at the same time and rejoins files with one click. The only software which can create .rar archives is not free, but I'm happy with the copy that I bought. (Several free programs like Tugzip or 7-Zip can open and join .rar files.)

More my frustration came of the fact that I downloaded say 100 supposed clips last night, took me better than 2 hours and when it was all said and done I was lucky if I got 67 good clips. (not commenting on their quality, just whether my computer could read them or not). Yeah I figured out hacha and yeah I got a lot of the files to join up and work. But like with all things those 33 files that didn't work represent the newbs that are everywhere in life. You see this kind of crap when you're driving and you see this kind of stuff when you play an online game, THEY"RE EVERYWHERE!!! : P

I still can't figure out the .txt files though, and yeah I read the instructions, but dropping .txt when I go to save does nothing for my computer, it still can't read them. Good thing there weren't that many .txt posts that I could see, so meh.

Good day all

the split clip section is clearly labelled and seperated from the clips section, why not just streer clear of it if its that much hassle - i fail to see how it can be when theres step by step guides to using winrar/hacha/hjsplit posted for all to see. why are you are calling some1 else a noob when you've only just figured out how to use hacha? why are you are complaining that 67 out of 100 clips you downloaded for FREE dont work? how ungrateful... and still the good people of this forum try to help you.

i can only say perhaps you need new codecs to play some of the split clips you have re-joined? if the clips have joined back together and you cannot play them the files are either corrupt to begin with or your media player does not recognise them.

laters

Please for the Love of God what is so hard about just posting the files in their original format? Why go to all of the trouble to zip them and all that stuff and then name them wrong or some such nonsense which makes your post completely useless. Example being, okay so I figured out FINALLY how to use hacha. So, I download I don't know like 6 clips. Said clips needed to be first unzipped (as if the poster couldn't just post each clip, I do know that whenever I want to send multiple files on hotmail, yeah then I use a compression, but not for each individual file). So, I unzip them, and then lo and behold hacha can't read any of the files when I clicked on join. Gah, so I'm thinking I'm still not totally straight with this hacha program, so I went back to cosquillero's faq and made sure I understood it. Oh, guess what? I need a file which starts with 0. Okay so there was the 1 file through 6. So I renamed them 0 to 5. But guess what? Still no dice.

See this is what a lot of people here are bitching about. Instead of fucking these files up by pretending to be a hacker using your hacha/rar/txt crap, just post the damned things. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going off how I use hotmail and again as I said, I only need to compress folders not files, and movies are files. Post the files and then let us use something so simple as oh say windows movie maker to re-join them. WMM works on all movie types except real media format and there are not many .rm files out there.

Please someone explain to me, otherwise I will be confident in my way of thinking lol.

Guess what? There is a reason for all that. That is why it is so laboriously explained in the guidelines. It also works in most cases, but you either have to get your mind around it or steer clear of it, as a previous poster said.

Last edited:
After you delete the .txt ending you still have to use a program to join the files that previously contained the ending.

Once the .txt is gone, then it allows the actual program recognize that it's part of a bigger file.

The steps in the sticky file provided on .txt is mainly dealing with getting the extension type to appear so that you can get rid of .txt so that you can join the parts. Joining still required.

If you get the files rejoined and them don't play, then the trouble isn't the splitter tool, but the codecs (you need to get the right codecs). If the trouble is delete the .txt ending extension, then you need enable your Windows OS to show them. Be smart and read the stiky posts in the Split Forum, there is explained how to do it. Many people only complain, but don't share nothing.

PD: If you don't know what's sticky post (i guess that there are some people really sleepy), here's the thread, click here!.

Last edited:
I justed wanted to say "THANKS" to all of the posters that take the time to split the large files and upload all the parts. I really appreciate it!😉

I justed wanted to say "THANKS" to all of the posters that take the time to split the large files and upload all the parts. I really appreciate it!😉
I used to be a poster of really big clips (in past time), so from my part i'll tell you : my pleasure (i'm pretty sure that all rest of posters say you the same 😉).

Did I sound ungrateful? If so, sorry. I'm grateful for the few people who know how to post their clips so that a computer noob like myself can use them.

Maybe there is needed another word, instead of noob, to describe the kinda people I was talking about. You know those people who think they know something and actually don't, but no one can tell them different. Those are the kind of people who posted 33/100 of the clips I downloaded. It wasn't me being ungrateful, it was me being pissed off cause I wasted my time downloading 33 clips that I thought would work, only to find out they don't.

Yes perhaps I need new codecs, but I have no idea what those are. I am well versed in HOW to use a computer, but not in fixing the software/hardware issues that come up if that makes any sense.

Coming from an editing class, and sharing the philosophy of my professor is why I'm pissed off. He was a man of about 60, and who had considerable knowledge. He told us, and it is something I will believe to the day that I die, and it is this: If you are going to do something, do it right and do it consistently (cause as he said consistency is next to God-liness), and gosh darnit if you're gonna do something for others (in his case, he was talking about writing documents, memos, etc.) then make sure they can use it with ease and efficiency, do not just assume they can. The sticky is a great thing. I just recently started downloading the videos and don't do much downloading other than the images besides that so yeah I didn't know how to use hacha.

The end of me ranting, defending myself and again my apologies if I sounded ungrateful. I did not intend for that tone to come across to the 67 good clip posts I downloaded and which caused me no great difficulty.

My answer, weren't specifically for you, but for some people than only complain and don't share. Anyway, the best way to get something is try and try over and over again, that means that if you haven't success in the first try, you try in a different way, or read documentation, or ask help to someone else. Only after to do all posible options, then you could to give up. About of codecs, that depends specifically of each clip, doesn't exist an only one codec that fix troubles of all clips, simple eh?. Act smart, download a clip (not 50 or so), then if you have trouble with that clip, then you can ask about codec, splitter tool and other questions, after you fix that trouble go for the next clip, in this way your success probability is the best. If you got a lot of clips, then difficultly you remembered where (from what thread) you got an specific clip, right ?. Anyway, each is free to do the thing as they consider right, you choose.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back