• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TS - Day 03 - Bisanthium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamos

Level of Lemon Feather
Third gaming day; new players can post their gaming actions here.

Last edited:
Last time I checked, I counted several independent character located in Bisanthium.
Please append your actions here if you'd like to resume playing with us. 🙂

Gaining friends

As he entered the large city, Phoros asked around for the best place to stay a few nights. Then he went there and rented a room for awhile. Right after that, the mighty warrior put on a peasants outfit and a nobles garments over it, so he could change them as he got through different areas of town. He went around as many inns as he could in that day, making as many friends and acquiantances as he possibly could, buying drinks and not asking any but the most common questions and gossips to avoid any suspicion. To everybody, he intended to present himself a cheerfull and friendly outsider they could grow to like... and do him a few favors if he asks it of them.

[Master Jupiterian Talk On!] (OOC: Duke Diablo, I have 2 things to say to you. 1.) Welcome to the game, and 2.) {not trying to go over Kalamos or Cassandra by any means here} Did you happen to submit a character sheet prior to posting that tells the name of your character, their age, gender, and a brief bio on them? Kalamos and/or Cassandra can correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the majority of us gamers have submitted a character sheet and waited for approval before posting anything in the game thread, now in this case game threads. I highly suggest as a friend and fellow gamer that you submit a character sheet before posting anything new in the actual game threads. Thanks for understanding and have fun in this Tickling RPG!) [Master Jupiterian Talk Off!] *OOC = Out of Character. Most posts are in character, but this one, I am talking to you as I would talk to you in person or over the phone.*

Last edited:
OOC: Yes he did submit his character sheet and it was approved. I have not added it to the Character Sheets thread yet because Kalamos might want to make changes to it.

Last edited:
Duke did post a char over the older gaming thread. I suggested some changes and posted a revised version of his char; Duke liked them, including the name change, so I am assuming he is playing the revised version of Phoros Visgana, his char.

He hasn't edited his post, so his original char and the revised sheet are here:
-> http://www.tickletheater.com/showpost.php?p=91882&postcount=174

I'll be posting actions for all the players in Arthenas and Bisanthium soon.
Cassandra, would you like to assume control of Vega, so Rachel and Sethos can jump to day 4? 🙂

OOC: Hmm, I don't know. I want my char to proceed along with everyone else but I might not have the time to post regularly. I will take control of Vega for a moment though, and post a short and simple reply that doesn't go against his personality.

You could try and heal his wounds. Wasn't your char trained in combat magic?
It would make sense if she could extract an arrow point and make cuts close.

We'd get the chance to try out the magic system.

OOC: Yes but combat magic is different from healing magic. When I said Rachel could use magic, I meant the offensive variety (fireballs, magic missiles and such). Another way to do it, without using magic, is to simply let Vega bear with it until a healer is present. You know how in many action movies, the hero could run around and fight with the (uninjured) bad guy despite having multiple wounds all over his body?

Phoros couldn't believe his luck. He spent the whole day cruising the town and trying to find men who would be foolish... and arrogant enough to face a demon(mentioning that he was the dukes son and that Ragylos has untold treasure also helped), so by the evening he had a small army ready and willing to set off as soon as possible. But, noble's son had some plans he had to attend to before he 'borrows' the sword and armor. He needed to establish a foothold in Bisanthium, a small group of followers which would he then use as his spies and informants, for this was the time when knowledge was power and power was what Phoros needed.

-> cassandra

Don't forget you are the other narrator. 😉
You can summon characters, plan encounters and so on; you effectively are the other deus ex machina, within the game.
Maybe, the two of you, Rachel and Sethos, could join magical forces and mend the wound. Ritual magic would work well in this setting: low key, slow, requiring complerx prayers/casting. 🙂

Which way to glory, Duke Visgana?

-> Diablo

After promising riches untold and nearly emptying his pouches, Phoros finally gathered a small band of ruffians and drunks.

Few of them bear blades significantly larger than skinning knives; even fewer seem capable of wielding them in actual combat.

But that is a beginning, and while ragtag, they are the core of Phoros's future army.

Now, Phoros must find a place to host them, and a way to suitably arm them.
They can't face Ragylos with nothing more than cudgels and bodkins. Plus they need training.
None of them can be found in Bisanthium - so they'd need to travel south, to Port Kaphraktos - and that's a week of travel, through the marshes.

But Phoros also overheard a strange rumor, about a winged warrior that supposedly laid waste to a large section of the foreign quarter.
Finding that incredible warrior would bolster the army considerably.

"What's next, now?" ponders Phoros "Travel through the marshes, and train the rabble, or go out and find the run-away dragonman?"

As Phoros plans his next move, the barkeeper cuts the prattle short:
"This caupona is closing, folk. Get out or pay for the lodging. Now."

Kalamos said:
-> cassandra

Don't forget you are the other narrator. 😉
You can summon characters, plan encounters and so on; you effectively are the other deus ex machina, within the game.
Maybe, the two of you, Rachel and Sethos, could join magical forces and mend the wound. Ritual magic would work well in this setting: low key, slow, requiring complerx prayers/casting. 🙂

I think I'll go with the more credible "action movie" approach. Joining forces to cast a big spell sounds too... fanciful.

About summoning new characters. I can lead Rachel away from Seth and Vega with a bounty hunter, therefore going on my own for a while, but I will need to wait till the time is right. No one is gonna come up and grab her in front of two rather powerful men; that can happen when they are asleep and making the transition to Day 4.

Ritual magic is not too weird; besides if we want to have some magic we could decide how it works.

Gurps Magic described ritual magic; Warhammer had gesthalt psionics.
Morean magic could work like prayers and the like.

[Master Jupiterian Talk On!] (OOC: I assume that the "dragonman" that Phoros is hunting is none other than Night Raptor. Am I correct in that assumtion Kalamos?) {Master Jupiterian Talk Off!]

-> Hue.

It depends. 😉
Who is asking that? The player or the characters?
And, whom are you asking to? The narrator, or some passerby?

Both Draco and Night Raptor can safely assume their "exploits" did not pass unnoticed, but they have no way to know who is on their tracks, and why.

Dancing with the devil

Phoros knew that the dragonman would be a powerfull addition to the army and, with him on his side(or, as his sidekick), he could kill both Ragylos and his father. But, of course, such controll could not be easily established, and if dragonman kills Ragylos, he could easily turn on Phoros and kill him. On the other hand, news of a large group of drunks following a duke's bastard son would spread quickly throughout the land, alarming his father who would then send a REAL army to deal with Phoros's 'recruits'. So, it seemed that Phoros needed the dragonman after all. First he met his 'troops' outside the caupona. Then he gathered a group of ten men that seemed to be able to be trusted to complete the task he would give them.
"I need you to find me a certain creature, a half-breed dragon to be more precise", he said to the six people he grouped on his left side. "I heard that he caused some trouble in foreign quarter, so tracking his position shouldn't be a problem. Then, randevouz with the other four here." Then he turned around to the remaining four.
"And as for you, I need you to kidnap, or buy, two beautifull women, and do it as silently as possible. Try not to kidnap any noble girls, because there would be a major fuss around their dissapearance. Then randevouz with the other team here."
And then he spoke to all of them: "When you join up, take those two girls to him and tell him that Duke Diablo sends these two girls as present and wants to meet him here the day after at 5pm sharp to discuss matters which could be of great use to both of them. And, if he declines my proposal, give him the girls and try to frame him for kidnapping. Don't try anything stupid or play heroes. Follow the orders and great rewards await you. Fail me and you will curse the day you were born. Now go!"
Phoros gave orders to rest of his troops to organise into groups of five and, one by one, leave the town in short time intervals of 6 hours per group, so they will avoid suspicion and rumors. For each group, he selected a leader, to whom he would give orders regarding what to do once they arrive in Port Kaphraktos . It was a certain test of loyalty and survival, for Phoros had no need for traitors and weaklings.

As for himself, Phoros went to inn to get some sleep, leaving him with almost no money at all.

I am waiting a bit more before posting the last day 3 actions and starting day 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back