• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TS - Day 07 - Northern Tharagya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamos

Level of Lemon Feather
Inside Bandit Camp.

Active PCs:
Kymis.
Noelle.
Rachel.
Valerios.

Active NPCs:
Saphyr Rythana.

You are weak, groggy with thirst and hunger. You limbs ache sorely, from the hellish night spent tied to a post.

As you doze on, you hear people speaking outside the tent.
Somebody is coming in, likely yet another drunken bandit, stopping by to mock the "honoured guests".

Pretending you're still asleep, you spy from under your eyelids: a slender, garishly draped figure just entered, and you instinctively brace on your bonds, anticipating another hour or two of unrelenting torment.

To your utter surprise, the draped woman proceeds to sever your bonds: swiftly and silently, she cuts you all free, and then feeds you hard salty biscuits, you chafe your parched mouth on.

Getting in was easy; getting out is going to be tough: you are cold, naked and defenceless.
The bandits took all of your weapon and clothes, and Valerios is in no condition to wield a sword: his wounds need proper care, and he's barely strong enough to support his own weight, let alone fight for his life.

You peek outside the tent: a thick mist is rising, and you hear soft snoring all around.

With your saviour's help you might make it but... can you really trust her, and her motives?

You're short on brawn, gals and guys: use your brain, if you want to flee with your life.

😉

Last edited:
Kymis rubbed at her wrists, the marks from the bonds covering them. Looking around the tent, she saww there was little in the way of clothing, or anything for that matter. She turned to the newcomer.
"Thank you so much for saving us!" she said, and was truly happy for the first time in several days. But it didnt last long, as she started to try and think about how to escape.
"I assume you have some kind of plan?" she asked, though it would seem not from the look on the womans face. "Alright then, first off, we need some clothes. Lets pull those gaurds inside."

"No need for thanks, but you should put the guard's cloting on quickly, theres two of them, so give them to the taller one and the man." Luckily, most of the troops are either still asleep or patrolling the other side of the camp at the moment. I walk out to bring back my pouch, tossing a slave's uniform to the small elvish woman and one of other ladies.

"Put the uniforms on with haste. We shall walk through the back tent and head towards the small patch of woods, there I have someone waiting with horses."
Using my dagger I slice a hole in the back of the tent, then I lift the man, putting around my shoulder, signaling one of the woman to help me drag him.

That silly girl better have the horses ready.

(ooc: is the character name noelle?)

Kymis helped Noelle to lift Valerious, taking him under one arm. They stepped out into the dark, trying to keep as quiet as possible. Valerious stirred at one point, but a quick shush from Kymis quietened him down. Sneakily, they crossed the camp, moving from shadow to shadow. It seemed like this woman knew what she was doing at least.

Then, sure enough, they came the small patch of trees. And there was a girl tending to some horses. Picking up the pace now that freedom was in sight, they made a bee line for the horses. Setting Valerious down on the ground, Kymis looked at rachel, still naked and shivering in the cold.
"Do you have a blanket or anything for Rachel please? Shes going to catch her death out here"

Not so fast... 😉

Halt Actions: Narrator Posting.

Through a gap in the palisade...

You managed to sneak out of the tent, following your saviour through a few missing planks in the sodden fence.

Lugging the feverished Valerios behind is no small task; luckily, the harsh woman is quite strong, and she can almost bear the burden alone, under her sinewy shoulders.

You trudge across the mire slowly - muddy water seeping through the ill-fitting shoes, and feeling sickenly squishy underfoot.

The small patch of trees the woman mentioned is a few paces across the reeds: you just need to keep Valerios from falling face-first in the swamp and you'll be safe.

"Hey! Halt! Halt there!"

Blood clots in your veins, as you turn around to see one of the blundering guards, still fiddling with his underpants.

Some lucky moment for relieving one's bladded, you muse, as you desperately reach for weapons you've forgotten to steal...

I'm allowing you one *quick* action, then I'll close the thread again, and post Actions for the "bad guys". 😉

Feel free to ask, OOC, about quick actions - I can freeze game until you do.
As soon as one of you posts the first IC reply, I'm having the bandits act.

OOC:now would be a great time to use the "mind beam" I forgot to tell you about 😛 .
Just clarify for me what a quick action is please 🙂 .

A quick action is game slang for: you point, I punch.
Let me elaborate: when fights ensue, I cannot let you guy/gals resolve actions all by yourselves.
It would not be fun.

So I am asking you to declare your intentions, without actually carrying complex actions out.

eg:
"Denwyn raises the sword and tries to parry the blow."
"Kaldred draws his knife, and struggles desperately for his life, trying to stab the armoured foe through the eye-slits in his helm."
"Bedas screams for help."

Those would constitute quick actions.
Posting something like: "Megalos unsheathes his blade, lunges at the guard, gouging his guts out, then proceeds to skin him and sew a new set of man-skin slipper." does not.

And is liable of hurting my feelings immensely.

Hope is all clear and settled.
Are you gals ready to face death? 😉

Last edited:
OOC : I dont wanna die! *cries*

Kymis stopped in her tracks! This was the last thing she needed, and she was determined not to go back to whatever they had waiting for there at the camp. She started to run at the gaurd, preparing to jump at him, to do anything she possibly could to evade capture again.

Good. Refrain from posting further.
Since you posted first, you get the debatable advantage of initiative over Noelle's char.

Keep in mind this might curtail her action, so think carefully when you're posting Quick Actions while teamed up in a party.

Noelle: if you can log on and post quick enough, I'm freezing game so you get your own Quick Action.

Do not worry, though: if you can't or won't make it in time, I'll be having chars act out as sensibly as possible.
This way you won't risk losing your char just because you can't post often enough, and I'll keep game smoother for other players.

Of course these rules apply to combat scenarios only.
I've been thinking about them for a while, and they work especially well in small scale encounters.

You can thank Darth V: he's been my guinea pig, unbeknownst to him. 😉

Any questions?

Good. Now hope Noelle takes pity on you and posts something smart soon.
Or you're...

What's the english word for "moritura"?

😉

* Insert EvilLaugh(TM) Here *

(( does the "ura" bit signify "going to"?, cause I found "morit" meaning "die. Though now I think about it, mort is death in latin, so that would kinda make sense >.< . Sorry, my language skills are terrible 🙁 ))

Your immediate future doesn't look any better, if this can be of some solace to you...

😉

OOC:YIkes

IC:
I hear the pathetic bandits coming from behind, quickly Saphyr comes over. She and the other woman then drag the man the rest of the way. I quickly pull out several daggers that I had under the slave uniform, preparing for the skirmish.

"Hmmm, we might just make it..."

Oh... yes... now I remember.

Ahem... moriturae means...

"You are all about to die!!!"

* Evil maniacal patented chackle *

I'll be posting Actions in a while: enjoy your chars' last moments of life.

😀 😀 😀

Gods pause to watch upon your fate

"Youwontgetmebackyouwontgetmebackyouwont..."
Kymis lets a scream out, shoves Valerios aside, and blindly rushes toward the standing man, murky water splashing around.

The lone bandit yells back at the group of fleeing prisoners.
He reaches for his weapon, but the blade gets stuck against the ill-buckled belt.

Noelle almost topples over, under the increased weight of the unconscious kentarkos.
Rachel lends some help, and they drag Valerios to solid ground.

The bandit finally manages to unsheath his blade, a wickedly curved knife, almost a full foot in length.

Noelle flexes, kneeling low, and produces her daggers, in a fluid motion, ready to lunge as the bandit closes in.

Kymis leaps headfirst toward the charging bandit.
Bodies connect, and Kymis feels a sharp pain as she stumbles into the muscular man.

Sky become earth, then a pall of darkness engulfs everything as Kymis rolls on the ground, in a heap of disjointed limbs, the groping man grunting under her weight.

A gurgling moan comes from the mass of struggling bodies.

Gods blink. Your fate is sealed.

Last edited:
I'll give you a few hours to ponder on the possible outcome.
Then I'll be posting Actions for the surviving characters.

😉

Darkness

Strong hands. Lifeless limbs being lifted in the air.

A blade of blinding light.

Pain.

Outsite Bandit Camp.

"You nearly had us killed, brat."
Noelle almost spits the words, her eyes full of contempt.

A short, fuzzy horse, with a long flowing mane, saunters forward.
Perched atop a plain saddle, Saphyr regards her work with nonchalant pride, a Rythian bow dangling by her side.

Kymis massages her throbbing head, while the tough woman quickly turns the corpse over, checking pockets and pouches.

Glazed eyes stare back at her, mouth frozen agape in a silent scream.
A shaft protrudes from the neck, just under the chin.

"There" quips the tough woman, smearing blood on the deadman's shirt.
"He's clean."

Kymis stares blankly at the ground, hunching back in foetal position.
The harsh woman claws her, grabbing her arm and lifting the slender ankyra to her feet.

"Quick, before more come for us."

Noises come from inside the camp: despite spirit-induced stupor, somebody heard the commotion and is now rallying the sleeping bandits to action.

The short, tanned woman prods her mount forward, and offers her hand to Kymis.
"My, my, my, what were you trying to pull off my dear?"

Kymis, almost lost in a trance, accepts the outstretchd palm and with some effort clambers over the mount, sitting before the dark-haired rider.

"I thought you were going to break your neck, dear." she chirps, almost amused by Kymis's stunt.

"Enough yapping" cuts the harsh woman in, tossing the arrow back.
"Niceties for later".

"Don't listen to her, cutie" whispers the petite amazon to Kymis's ear, brushing against her ruffled hair.
"My name is Saphyr. Ever considered joining a troupe of thespians? You have a natural knack for tumbling."

I'm feeling good today.
You owe me one, Kim. 😉

Bumping thread to allot players a fresh Quick Action.
Make it count: it's only *one* per player, and posting order dictates in-game initiative.

Since this is not a life-and/or-death situation, I'm allowing you to discuss tactics OOC.
Don't waste time chatting, though: I'll be posting a fresh Actions for Narrator-run characters later.

Be sure to post before your allotted Quick Action expires.

😉

I know this games plays differently under Cassandra: she's the gentler, tickling aspect of Aygomenia.

As veteran players can testify, I am a vengeful bastard and a obdurate control-freak.
And I want to see *you* suffer.

* Insert low-pitched maniacal laughter here *

😉

OoC: Whoa, so many things have happened while I was gone. I'm not even sure where Rachel is anymore, although if Kalamos or Darth have nothing planned for her, I can start her off in a different location so that I won't contradict any of the previous posts. Maybe she ran away or fell down a slope during the carnage earlier. What do you think?

OOC : Bugger dat, I'm not being responsible for killing everyone off >.< .

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

9/7/2024
Check the TMF Welcome forum for a place to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back