• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Unasex names

Bushido1

TMF Novice
Some of you know my real name, for those who dont it is Lauren. Haha and yes those who dont know would be right in thinking "Hey isnt that a womans name?" So growing up with a unasex name (At lease thats what my friends call it lol) I pose a question. Do you think some names are prodomanitly one sex. Or can all names be considered unasex? I for one, even thought alot of people argue about it with me, I feel my real name Lauren is a prodomanitly womans name. I think thats like naming your daughter Ted or Bob...=P But heck I'm curiouse, whats everyones veiws?

-Bushido

*sings Johnny Cash's "boy Named Sue" Off Key As Always* I Think Some Names Are Intended For Only One Gender. Other Names Can Be For Men Or Women. Ashley Would Be M/f. Even Gene/jean Are Homonyms. Nicknames Like Sam Or Jackie Are M/f Too. We All Know How Cruel Children Can Be. Thanks For An Interesting Topic.

Sounds eerily familiar.
Or the confusion with foreign names.

President Gerald Ford's original name was Leslie Lynch King Jr.

I think that some names are predominantly male or predominantly female, but I wish that wasn't the case. The western world is, in my opinion, pretty strict with some names (I think that's actually the wrong word, but oh well). I like the way other countries name their kids things like "Strength" and "Courage" and "Loyalty". I also like the Native American way of naming things (My great great great great great grandmother was a Native American and her name was Sunshine).

Yea I know what yea mean Senshi, even tho I have a womans name, and sometimes it can be annoying (I can't count how many All girl colleges called me when I was in highschool...=P) But I was named after my grandfather who was named Lawrence. So my name dose have a meaning behind it, but hey thats me =P.

-Bushido

I've got a younger female cousin called Jordan which is predominantly a boy's name...I remember people trying to get her personalised stuff and they struggled coz it was mainly targetted for boys.

I knew a girl named Bobby once. Unasex names are always confusing since people usually have a preconceived notion of what sex the person is based on their name. If u heard someone mention a Jenny or Kimberly, u would probably assume that they're talking about a female, but u could be wrong (and I know that from experience :laughing: ).

Yeah I also know a female called Bobby.But thinking about it having a unasex name prob isn't that bad considering the names that celebs choose for their kids!lol.

Yeah u got a really good point there. I can't imagine going through life with a name like Apple or Seven 😀

Yeah.
Here's a few more:
Michael Jackson-Blanket
Jane Goldman & Jonathan Ross-Honey Kinney, Harvey Kirby & Betty Kitten
Courtney Cox Arquette / David Arquette-Coco

Forget unasex names how about being called after a month!
Casey Affleck / Summer Phoenix-Indiana August

Haha, I always joke with my mom that if I have a daughter I'm going to name her Steven or George =P

-Bushido

tickle_fan03 said:
Yeah.
Here's a few more:
Michael Jackson-Blanket
Jane Goldman & Jonathan Ross-Honey Kinney, Harvey Kirby & Betty Kitten
Courtney Cox Arquette / David Arquette-Coco

Forget unasex names how about being called after a month!
Casey Affleck / Summer Phoenix-Indiana August
U think those are bad; check these out:

Ben Dover
Boyd Schidtt
Al Kaholic
Madame Dick Hertz
Mike Rotchtickles
Moe Rocca
Dick Stillhard
Dick Holder
Dick Fitzwell
Dick Heads
Tess Eckel
Jena Talia
Juwanna Hooker

There are some names that can have only one sex, like Richard, Hank, hugh, etc etc and some that can be only females, like sarah, catherine, carol, etc etc, but i have to admit, you are the first guy i ever knew named lauren bushido

Carol/Karol is a male name too.
Late Pope's first name was Karol.

Well my name's definitely male - at least, I've never met any girls/women called Gregory. 🙂 But let's see, what unisex names do I know people who have them (bad sentence grammar a crime is... 😛):

Alex, Dani, Sam, Jamie, Nicky, Don...

And if I ever have a child, I think I'd call it Xander for a boy (as a fan of BtVS, I've come to quite like this name) or Xandra for a girl (also a big fan of The Tribe). 🙂

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back