• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Virginia is Apparently NOT for Lovers

Lee47

TMF Regular
On MSNBC tonight I discovered that the Republican candidate for Virginia's governorship is hinging his campaign on- of all things- defending VA's anti-sodomy statute.

This law was struck down by a federal appeals court, but Atty. Gen. Ken Cuccinelli is promising to challenge this.

The law: titled "Crimes Against Nature": reads as follows-

If any person carnally knows in any manner any brute animal, or carnally knows any male or female person by the anus or by or with the mouth, or voluntarily submits to such carnal knowledge, he or she shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony...

Virginia also still has a law against fornication-

Any person, not being married, who voluntarily shall have sexual intercourse with any other person, shall be guilty of fornication, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor.

Yet the motto on their license plates says "Virginia Is For Lovers."

Really?

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

While I've never done anal sex (probably because I'm a lesbian) I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. To be perfectly blunt, this law's purpose is to discriminate against gay men, pure and simple. If it's allowed on the books (which I hope it isn't), it will also WASTE our nation's revenue EVEN FURTHER by through pointless prosecution.

I think you must have missed the next line in the law. It's even worse than that.

any male or female person.... by or with the mouth

This outlaws oral sex too, by either gender, ON either gender, hun. And it's already on the books, probably since the 1800s (I didn't check what year it was passed, but looking at the wording it seems likely to be that old): it was simply declared by an Appeals court that it can't be enforced. This Attorney General wants to challenge the ruling and take it up to (I guess) the Supreme Court. Under this law, the only form of legal sex in VA was vaginal intercourse. Which, while I personally enjoy it, is not everyone's cup of tea as you point out, and there are plenty of other activities that I enjoy myself that involve either "knowing" my lady with my mouth, or "submitting" to her "having knowledge" of me by hers (to put it the way VA would- which just sounds so much more disgusting than saying "I like giving head", dontcha think?).

So this discriminates not just against gay men, but also against lesbians and pretty much ANYONE who wants to do ANYTHING in bed other than have intercourse.

But I guess it would make police work more interesting, and let them really expand the numbers on the old Vice Squad back to where they were in the '50s.

I am tempted to go to Virginia and have some good fashioned oral sex.

I'm no lawyer, but from what I know about gay rights none of this is enforceable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._texas

Police can't go into people's homes to stop consensual, adult sex. Even if there's a shitty state law. I'm guessing someone wants to look cool for the homophobes.

The Republicans don't understand this is the reason they don't "good" to people. They try to enforce social stuff like sex, abortions, and other issues.

I know a few people who will openly say "I'm a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal" and vote Democrat because they won't vote for candidates who try to legislate those types of things.

I live in VA and I think the only time they've ever enforced such laws is when two gay dudes were caught having sex in a park (it happened once, years ago). Clearly they can't do anything to you if two guy (or girls) go back to one another's apartment.

Cuccinelli (the Cooch, as some say) is all about posturing. These politicians just say stuff. I mean, he is trying to look good for the homophobes, as someone just said. He is running for governor, but with the corruption scandal and his track record in recent years I wouldn't bet money on him.

The Republicans don't understand this is the reason they don't "good" to people.

Another things that isn't well understood by some republicans is the fact that in the next 40 years, Latino's will probably start to outnumber Caucasians.

Yet their party has some of the most rampant racists in this entire nation (like that douche bag of a sheriff in Arizona) who do nothing but discriminate against Latino Americans and African Americans.

It's one of the reasons why they lost the recent presidential election.

Sorry for changing the subject, anywho, yeah, back to the thing at hand. Like LadyOnTheInternet said, this probably isn't enforceable. Unless someone is having sex in public (which would be bizarre) or someone recorded the event, I don't even see how a DA would even begin to prove this in court.

Last edited:
Rox, you just mentioned something that happened this week, that pushed my Berserk Button. I saw something on MSNBC that I then had to research. This was footage captured at an anti-immigration rally on Capitol Hill by a reporter for The Nation, George Zornick. From his report-

'Monday... several hundred people gathered in Upper Senate Park to denounce immigration reform as a job-killer. As ThinkProgress noted, a white nationalist named John Tanton organized the rally; he is famous for works such as “The Case for Passive Case Eugenics” and saying that black Americans are a “retrograde species of humanity.”

So, the rally went about as one would expect. Ken Crow, who used to be president of Tea Party of America until he bungled logistics of a Sarah Palin speech and is now affiliated with Tea Party Community, got up and started talking about “well-bred Americans.”'

The moment was caught on tape. Here's the transcript:

"From those incredible blood lines of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington and John Smith. And all these great Americans, Martin Luther King. These great Americans who built this country. You came from them. And the unique thing about being from that part of the world, when you learn about breeding, you learn that you cannot breed Secretariat to a donkey and expect to win the Kentucky Derby. You guys have incredible DNA and don’t forget it."

Now, I'm not dead certain, but I think that I was just compared to a horse in that metaphor. And I'm pretty sure also that every Hispanic person in the entire world was compared to a donkey. I find both of those comparisons pretty insulting, but the donkey one is more so; and intentionally, if I'm any judge. It also betrays a horrible lack of scientific knowledge on the speaker's part.

First off, there is only a tenuous link between genetic heritage and IQ at best- so we can ignore all that rot about the Founders' "bloodlines" for a start. (Interesting how MLK has ascended to a spot among the Founding Fathers, though...)

Genetic variation between any two human beings is at most 0.5%. The genetic variation between a human being and a chimp is about 4%. That's a lot more similarity between our fellow humans than between us and our next nearest genetic relatives. I didn't use that information to compare anyone to a chimp, just to point out that each of us is 99.5% identical to every other human being in the world, no matter what skin color or ethnicity you or he or she is. Barring a severe mutation or birth defect, all humans have 46 pairs of base chromosomes (XX for females, XY for males) and therefore we can all interbreed successfully and into indefinite generations (unlike the horse and donkey, which result in the usually infertile mule). So- human beings are not like horses or mules.

Either Ken Crow doesn't understand that- because he never took Bio 101, or didn't understand what they taught in class- or he doesn't think that the people in the audience understand that, or both- or, more likely in my mind, he does know that all human beings are one race (Homo Sapiens), all have the same DNA and the same number of chromosomes, and therefore can "breed" with no ill effects to anyone concerned; but he cynically believed that his audience was a bunch of nativist, racist morons who had no moral problem with comparing millions of their fellow Americans to donkeys.

I have a moral problem with Ken Crow.

He is a racist, who surrounds himself with other racists. And he is the reason that the Republican party is going to be a footnote to the 21st Century, unless the party itself rejects him and people like him.

Let me make clear that I don't care what your stance is on immigration. You can be for it or against it, whatever. But if you're against it because you believe Hispanics are a different species than Caucasians, then you are wrong. You are wrong, scientifically, if you believe that there is more than one species of human being. The same applies if you believe that Jewish is a "race", or Black is a "race", or White is a "race", or if you use the term "Race" interchangeably with "Ethnicity".

Human is the only Race that we belong to.

I recently came back from Gettysburg PA, and that trip reminded me of what used to be great about the Republican Party; the Party of Lincoln; the Party of Eisenhower; the Party of Equality, dammit!

The far Right of the Republican party now, sounds like the far Right of the Democratic party in the 1850s-60s, when I would have been ashamed to call myself a Democrat; they are, in fact, racists. And it's high time they were called on it.

Are some (many?) on the far Left just as bad, in the opposite direction? Are they oversensitive to any mention of race? Yes. Yes they are. But they still have a reason to be. And Ken Crow has highlighted exactly why they still have a reason to be.

And also; the term "Breeding" used in relation to human beings is the nastiest way I have heard fucking described for a long time. :rantswitch:

Look on the bright side Lee47, in 40 more years, they won't have the political clout they once had (let alone their numbers). As for that absolutely RACIST RALLY, yeah, it's UNBELIEVABLY bigoted, racist, and down right awful. Isn't it ironic though that in the past 67 years, we've made more progress towards civil rights and the rights for all humans than in the last 14,000 years?

Are you aware that Virginia also has a law against tickling people?

I'm gonna drive to Virginia JUST to break those laws before leaving hastily.

Or I would, but I'm probably too lazy.

Virginia is weird.

I've been to munches and tickle parties in Virginia. Nobody takes those laws seriously. As for the original topic, I don't need a law to tell me that anal sex is gross and unsanitary.

As for the original topic, I don't need a law to tell me that anal sex is gross and unsanitary.

It's not my personal cup of tea either. I don't think it should be illegal. It's just gross to me as that particular orifice in the human body is where alot of disgusting stuff comes out. Still, whatever floats peoples boat I guess. (shrug)

THAT'S STUPID! VIRGINIA IS STUPID! STOP BEING STUPID VIRGINIA!

I'm gonna drive to Virginia JUST to break those laws before leaving hastily.

Or I would, but I'm probably too lazy.

Virginia is weird.

"Ah Virginia, hanging out with little boys in spandex I see!"

You have got to be shitting me.

But the original point of the thread was that "Sodomy" is not ONLY 'anal sex', BY DEFINITION. Nor is it only gay or lesbian sex. By the legal definition as used in VA, it is ANY TIME ANYONE'S genitals come into contact with anything other than the genitals of a person of the opposite sex- so, as I pointed out, hetero oral sex, or guy-guy oral (not my thing, but hey, it's OK, I don't judge) or girl-girl 🙂drool) are ALL against this law. And, even though similar laws were struck down by the US Supreme Court back in the 1980s for crying out loud, it is still the case that several gay men in a Southern town whose name I have forgotten were arrested after being propositioned by undercover cops, going along to a motel, and then proposing an "illegal" act. And even though no charges were filed, I will bet everyone in that town knows now who those men are and has thrown bricks through their windows. These are the kind of voters that this A.G. is after- the "white small-town homophobe" vote, who don't know or most likely don't care that it also is illegal for them to get a blow job from their wife or the local prostitute under this law; because the cops aren't targeting straights who break this law. But, to be honest about it, they have to. And since they don't, it's a dishonest law. This is why I haven't gone to the South since I left the Army.

I don't vote for Progressives, I am sick of paying for other people's shit!

Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that prevents fairly liberal minded europeans from wanting to see that much of the US. New York, Florida and California are great. Las Vegas is okay, but so much of the nation seems quite socially backward from what we hear and see.

Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that prevents fairly liberal minded europeans from wanting to see that much of the US. New York, Florida and California are great. Las Vegas is okay, but so much of the nation seems quite socially backward from what we hear and see.

The one thing we have that alot of Europe and other nations do not is SPACE and wilderness. Pure and simple. An Indian coworkers had recently come over from India to work at the company I work at and he cannot, for the life of him, believe how much undeveloped land there is or how few people there are. That kinda scares me actually.

I don't vote for Progressives, I am sick of paying for other people's shit!

And other than the "blue laws" that we have been discussing here, the reason I don't vote Republican (OK, one of many) is that I have had enough of my tax dollars subsidizing corporations, such as Wal-Mart to name only one- whether directly through tax "breaks" (which individuals can't get because we can't afford lobbyists) or indirectly through food programs and Medicaid to make up for the fact that the company refuses to pay a living wage to its employees (but WalMart's CEO got an $18 million bonus last year, I read, for his success in keeping unions out- whether that was really the reason or not, the bonus was still the same).

I guess I would rather support the working poor than the worthless rich.

You can whine all you want about the uptightness of "some" people in this culture, but it is one of the only countries that guarantees the right of Freedom of Speech. Even the so called progressive European countries monitor speech and ban speech that is not PC. Nice talking to you, going shopping at Wal Mart in a few.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back