• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

[Visual Novel] Ad Talon Limo

SilentWabbit

Greetings and bienvenue fellow creepers, lurkers and other creatures of the night. For weeks and weeks I have thought about this move and I finally managed to get myself in motion so I may start this little project and make something interesting for you all.

I've played all of games here and some more on other websites and so far the great trend seems to be RPG focused video games with tickling nature. Why couldn't there be RPG's with carrot focus here!? Ahem... because of that I decided to challenge myself and make something original on a system that wasn't used here before, so that we all could have more fun exploring uncharted waters.

What I am trying to do is a mystery genre visual novel with focus on a story, exploration, gathering clues and deducing the culprit, but with few twists.

For those familiar with Umineko games, rejoice... for those who have no idea what I just said, SHAME ON YOU! Go and play the game! Well seeing as I am jolly enough to explain, let me go into details, concentrating onto my project and explain what I really mean.

The story revolves around a family trapped in their family mansion, while they are being killed one by one. Tale will follow few character point of views, but there will be a main character who will try to figure out what is going on and who is killing his family. Still the problem is that you, the gamers will see some events mystified and all magical and full of what you all want and need. The more the game goes on with murders, more terrifying, confusing and strange things the gamer will see as the murderer is hiding his identity behind it. It is up to you to figure out who it is.

The system will not involve you leveling, attacking, grinding, nor will it have boring exploration systems, hidden object games or anything like that. Only thing you will have to do is pick your choices, read, observe the events, analyze things and deduce. You will have no help, no clue notes other than what you make on your own, no logic beyond what you might find out yourself.

Now here is the twist. The game is planned to be a standalone, giving you a chance to solve the mystery with the ending of the game. If you do, you will give the full theory you have about it to me and I will check with my attorney on how to sue you best.... I mean if you won.

If you don't manage to win by deducing whole thought process of events (who, what, why, when, how, etc), the game will continue with the game elements going deeper and deeper into fantasy and at certain point if the mystery isn't solved... well you lose and game will from mystery turn into full fantasy.

If you win though, there will be prizes worthy of the effort as I learned that bribe works the best.

So that's the challenge, now to talk about other things.

First what people care about most... Tickling. The game will have two different types of events on this subject, one being lighthearted and funny, other being sadistic, horrific and plain evil with all implements that come from it, like BDSM etc. Also unlike other games, this game will contain wide array of tickling targets including M/F, F/M, F/F, M/M, T/M or whatever other versions you might have. And one new thing people don't expect on this kind of forum. Are you ready for this? Are you really ready? You sure you want to read this? Ok, you asked for it... NOT EVERYONE WILL BE TICKLISH! And although there will be underage characters in the game, they are protected by Anti-pedo magic... no I am not kidding... yes I am serious about that.

Secondly the game release date. Game is at draft version now, I have sketches of models I will be using in the game, I have basic story elements, murders I want to implement and tease your brain cells with, but in all I just started the game. It will be a while to do it cause I am currently working alone and I am doing everything ORIGINAL! Everything will be made by me or some elves who decide to help. So far I am in charge with story and art, only thing left are sounds, music and voice actors. Yeah I was planning on doing voices too somehow and I will find a way once I am far into the project, as I don't expect people to apply for that job at start. Considering all this, the game might be released around mid summer, maybe even end of summer and then you will have a chance to reveal the mystery. There will be no release demo prior to that as that might ruin the experience, but I will see to update with sketches, layouts, scenarios, some teasing pictures that I might not use, and so on. So there is always that for you to look up to every now and then.

So let the challenge begin. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention. I already left you a hint with the game title, so you might want to challenge that while I work on the game.

Finally announcing this thing huh? I was wondering when you would get around to it.
With all your other projects and all.

Finally announcing this thing huh? I was wondering when you would get around to it.
With all your other projects and all.

Killing people and making a good mystery does take time, plus other projects can wait for this game to be done so I can connect them all in one finely knitted line. I finally have all my OC's, I have my mysteries, my references and I enjoy doing this ones, so this will be one huge and great project.

Yes it is quite amazing that you explained so much of the game to me yet were so vauge about the story at the same time.

Yes it is quite amazing that you explained so much of the game to me yet were so vauge about the story at the same time.

Game is all about story, if I spoil small part, it will lose it's allure. But you are right vagueness isn't good. I will have to fix that in some way so I can get more fishes out of the water.

I still hope my smaller game is on the chopping block. It was meant to test the system anyway as i recall.

I still hope my smaller game is on the chopping block. It was meant to test the system anyway as i recall.

Aaaah you mean the Naruto Fanfic game right? Although not as story driven or fun to do, I do still plan to keep my promise, but I first want to start doing this one and during this games making I will periodically train on your game, as I plan few collaboration for which I will need more system changes then Ad Talon Limo will have.

By the way, will you challenge the mystery?

Aaaah you mean the Naruto Fanfic game right? Although not as story driven or fun to do, I do still plan to keep my promise, but I first want to start doing this one and during this games making I will periodically train on your game, as I plan few collaboration for which I will need more system changes then Ad Talon Limo will have.

By the way, will you challenge the mystery?

I already know the answer to the mystery.

I know the answer to ALL mysteries.

Thy guy with the dastardly mustache did it.

He always does it.

I already know the answer to the mystery.

I know the answer to ALL mysteries.

Thy guy with the dastardly mustache did it.

He always does it.

That's... one... brave answer. Now I will have to shave all my male characters and some female ones too.

Just to point out that Screamer did a visual novel, to be honest!

By the way, I can't wait to see your game!

Just to point out that Screamer did a visual novel, to be honest!

By the way, I can't wait to see your game!

Touche. Yeah, I must admit I forgot his game. Still the difference is that he used RPG maker for that game as well, while I will be using Ren'py most likely, plus I will do all custom things and I will see to make it over dozen hours long.

Still that game of his wasn't half bad... I just wish it was longer with more character development and more endings. Oh well, that's life.

sounds like zero escape but with tickling 😀

Hmmm I did enjoy zero escape, though it posed little of a challenge to the player and a lot of drama with a story. Enjoyable experience, but I want to harass players as well as characters. 😛

I have high hopes for this.

We shall see if I can put money where my mouth is. I should start with sketches, models, and some other teaser materials soon.

Also as I said, if anyone is good with music, or wants to voice act, yay for us all. 🙂

Being a free project, I don't think any of us would be disappointed if you reused music from elsewhere.

Voice acting adds a lot of hurdles too. Example: if you have one major character voiced, you feel obligated to get the other ones voiced too, and inconsistency between the actresses' quality might make you favor one character over others, compromising the paths/product. As a VN example, Katawa Shoujo had a lot of hands on deck and took forever to finish, even with no VA.

Good recycled/lifted art is, in my experience, also better than bad or mediocre custom art.

IMO, writing is the most important thing of all.

I feel like vocaloid software would be able to fill the role of voice acting, but would yield GODAWFUL results.

I wonder if anyone's gonna try it, just for the sake of saying they tried it.

Just don't ever write like I do.
(read my most recent ish post on Screamer's latest project)

Easy way out is of course using the existing art, existing music, etc. Still that wouldn't develop me in anyway. I would just cut corners on project and then be on my way. This way I have a good excuse to learn how to play, how to draw etc.

Plus bad art, but good story was a crucial point of Higurashi/Umineko series, before they became popular and got new skins, voice actors, etc.

So I still plan to do everything original. If there are no voice actors for Ad Talon, I will find for other projects, but everything else has to be original.

And no, I doubt I will use vocaloids. I tried using them once... they scare me now...

Easy way out is of course using the existing art, existing music, etc. Still that wouldn't develop me in anyway. I would just cut corners on project and then be on my way. This way I have a good excuse to learn how to play, how to draw etc.
Realize your vision; just don't bite off more than you can chew.

I'd rather have a game with art lifted in the way Screamer does it than just the first chapter of something with custom art. And, well, VNs tend to need a lot of art.

Last edited:
Actually not really, especially story driven ones don't. Considering I plan around ten characters, I will have them with eight expressions each, here and there few CG's and it's done. Toughest part is making a murder that is logical, but hidden behind the magic. I can either make a perfect murder which nobody will be able to solve, or easiest dumb murder, but between is hard.

Alright, I'll bite.

I'm not surprised about your predicted mid- to late-summer release date, and would be even less surprised if it took longer, given the scope of what you're trying to accomplish. Especially if you're making all the art yourself, I can see this project being stretched out quite a bit.

Also, on that note, I say go for it. Even if it doesn't quite work out, practice is the only way to get better. It might affect the game to some degree, but it can probably be overlooked depending.

And thumbs-up for the Umineko inspiration!

Alright, I'll bite.

I'm not surprised about your predicted mid- to late-summer release date, and would be even less surprised if it took longer, given the scope of what you're trying to accomplish. Especially if you're making all the art yourself, I can see this project being stretched out quite a bit.

Also, on that note, I say go for it. Even if it doesn't quite work out, practice is the only way to get better. It might affect the game to some degree, but it can probably be overlooked depending.

And thumbs-up for the Umineko inspiration!

Actually you are mostly right on all points. I even planned for two more dates as release if I have more work than free time, artistic block or anything. Still art isn't much of a problem. The biggest problem is music and voices in my opinion, second biggest problem is making a story that makes sense when looked as a mystery, but is fun to look as a fantasy too.

Technically I had to create a family three, three tables of relationship and love/hate chart.

Still I have some good news too. I've been researching my native Slavic mythology and I actually found creatures in our lore that, when angered, would kidnap a victim and tickle it to death. So I have my minions and fantasy culprits 😛

Anyways, I am busy till Friday, but after that I am mostly free, so I should start a weekly introduction of character design and stuff like that.

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back