• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Was Anyone Else Disappointed With "I Am Legend"?

JimBoy

TMF Regular
I finally got around to seeing it. I usually like to read the novels of any movie adaptation I am interested in before I see it which is why I am a little late seeing this.

I was disappointed because the film really left a lot of good stuff out...

They didn't make this a vampire movie as in the book they were vampires. They pulled a 28 Days/Weeks Later with having them sick with some disease.

I also liked in the book how the monsters talked and they taunted Neville almost every night to come outside. The movie didn't have this.
Also, the book had some people who had traits of being a vampire but not really full vampires; they could have went further with all of this in the movie.

"I Am Legend" was an alright film alone but in comparison to the novel I felt the novel really surpassed this one.

Did anyone else read the book and/or see the film? What did you think?

I have to admit, I've never read the novel, but I am a fan of both previous movie adaptations(Vincent Price in Last Man on Earth and Charlton Heston in Omega Man). Add to that the fact that Will Smith blows, and I am left with absolutely no desire whatsoever to see I Am Legend.

Well I think that it is safe to say that the book is always better than the movie. The book is how the story is in the eyes of the author. The author has spent months, even years fleshing out the story making it work. Movie adaptions are just that... adaptions.

I hated the remake of War of the Worlds. The modern version of the story done already back in the 60's. I wanted a period piece. I wanted to see the HMS Thunderchild square off with a Martian walker, just like in the book.

I never got around to seeing I Am Legend. Maybe I should go rent it.

I never read the book, but I saw the movie, it was fine. Not spectacular, fine. So yes, I was very disappointed. Especially with the ending. Neville didn't even survive! What the Hell!?!?!? He had ample time in the time it took him to pull the pin, and wait for that silly glaSS PANEL TO BREAK, to place the grenade down and go into the little bomb shelter thingy as well. It was absolutely, despicable. There is absolutely no honor in that move.

^ I agree, especially with the way the previews looked, it looked epic, and it did not deliver

They completely changed the ending, which really ruined the entire point of the story. 🙁

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back