• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Web Hosting?

Feathery

1st Level Orange Feather
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent inexpensive, if not free web host? I'm not real crazy about my current host, Web1000. They were ok, and free, until another company bought them, and now they force ads. I need a lot of bandwith, and about 200 mbs of space.
Thanks!

My own personal recommendation would be Tripod. The free webhosting has forced ads (all free webhosting does, though), but it does seem as though they are among the cheapest for ad-free hosting.

http://www.tripod.com

Tripod may not allow adult content on their servers. I don't know. The plan I use for my personal site is www.hostsave.com. It's $8 a month which is pretty standard but it gives a good amount of space and banwidth (if you use them lemme know so I can be your referer! lol). Another I use is www.ipowerweb.com which I think may give a little more space but I'm not sure anymore.
Tripod does have a $5 plan but there you get 25megs of space (compared to hostsave's 1000mb or 1gig) and only 5 gigs of transfer (hostsave has 100gigs).

I don't have any to recommend using. I haven't had great luck with any of the freebies and haven't tried the pay ones. But I would stay away from are hostultra. Their popups were passing along viruses and they wouldn't respond to reports about it. So, I dumped them quick. The lead page to my old site is still on their surver....complete with virus causing popups. Go figure! Good luck in your search!

Ann

http://www.influxhost.net

My current host. They have cheap monthly plans and, best of all, one-time fee plans that are of fairly decent size. You pay one fee and never pay again but get to always keep what space you purchased while still possessing the same features and rights of any pay-by-month person.

Wow...one time fee hosting? That is so cool!
Their $3.99 plan is also a great deal. Their $15 plan isn't as good as hostsave's $8 plan I don't think. But dang...one time fee? That kicks ass. I shall keep this place in mind if/when I switch hosts. Lemme know, HDS, of you get anything for being my referer.

HisDivineShadow said:
http://www.influxhost.net

My current host. They have cheap monthly plans and, best of all, one-time fee plans that are of fairly decent size. You pay one fee and never pay again but get to always keep what space you purchased while still possessing the same features and rights of any pay-by-month person.
Thanks HDS!
I contacted Influx, and it looks good! Funny, but it seems like Web1000 took the ads off anyway...maybe they read my mind? But I will probably get the premium $40 package of webspace anyway.
Thanks again for the tip!

As I told you before (When I do not remember), if you pay by the year, it is cheaper. Do I get referal bonuses? Perhaps. If there is a referal box, just put (If you feel like it).

Last edited by a moderator:
What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back