• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Welcome to Lustaeus (ToG Prequel)

DeusExProcella1

TMF Expert
Welcome to Lustaeus (ToG Prequel | Update: 10/08/14)

Original Teaser

Tutorial Teaser

Download Latest Version
Welcome to Lustaeus - Chapter 1 : Part 1

What is this?

After posting in the ToG topic and announcing I would be remaking Tower, I went back to the drawing board and have been hard at work putting together the mountain of story, backstory, world building, characters and what not that made up my original idea for the Tower of Gargalesis game.

The conclusion I came to was that, what I wanted was going to be a much bigger endeavor than I realized. That doesn't mean I've given up!

Quite the contrary, I've got a stronger desire and more focused goal than I've ever had. What this led to, though, was the need for something more manageable. What I have planned for Tower of Gargalesis is pretty massive. It's going to be something special, and I really want to make sure it can live up not just to the promises I've made to anyone interested, but the promise I've made to myself.

That's what brings us here.

Allow me to introduce the teaser for the first game in what I plan to be a trilogy:

Welcome to Lustaeus

In this game, I'll be introducing the various Daemon races and allowing players to take control of them, leading them through their own stories and adventures. See their culture, learn their struggles, and get a better feel for this world called Lustaeus.

Just what is Lustaeus? Where did it come from? What are the Daemons? Why are they here? All of these questions, and more, will be answered over the course of the game.

Rather than taking a giant massive epic and expecting players to shift through tens of hours of adventure, my vision for Welcome to Lustaeus is much more modest. The game is split into several chapters, each a small, mostly self-contained story that follows one of the many Daemon races.

Upon completing a chapter, the player will unlock the next chapter, and get a chance to play as a new Daemon.

Players will even, in time, get to play as favorites such as Aello and Hathor, uncovering their backstories and learning about them many years before the coming of the Outsider in Tower of Gargalesis.

Gameplay

Like ToG, Welcome to Lustaeus is a turn-based RPG. Players will take control of one of the many Daemon races, and do battle against friends and foes alike, tickling them into submission, or risk being dominated themselves!

Daemon talents are separated into two categories:

Magic - Utilizing Spirit Energy, some daemons are able to manipulate the energies around them to perform amazing feats, and turn them against their foes. Spirit Energy is a valuable resource, which can be recovered by using Tickling techniques to target and exploit the foes' weaknesses.

Technique - New to Welcome to Lustaeus, daemons who aren't attuned to magic have the ability to use a new resource, called Momentum, to perform powerful physical moves, or chain together a slew of moves to overwhelm their opponents. Momentum is gained with various skills and generated by utilizing basic Tickling techniques against foes. Be careful! Momentum is lost as easily as it is gained, and taking damage will reduce your Momentum.

In addition, one of the biggest complaints leveraged against ToG was the confusing leveling system, which punished players for falling behind, but equally punished them for attempting to out-level the content to get ahead.

In Welcome to Lustaeus, as well as the rest of the Lustaeus series, grinding for experience has been eliminated. Players no longer have levels, but instead have "Category", which ranks their power against other Daemons. As you defeat more powerful Daemons, your Category, and stats, rise accordingly.

What this means: There are no longer random battles. Every fight is scripted and meticulously planned. Every encounter has a Victory and Defeat scene, and every encounter, along the main story path, will advance your Category, allowing you to keep up with more powerful foes.

As a result, individual battles may seem a little trickier. However, all enemies have a meticulously designed pattern and set of conditional abilities. Once you learn how a foe works, it's very easily to manipulate them to achieve victory.

However, I will say ahead of time: battles are designed to make you think. I am not going out of my way to make them obscenely hard, but enemies and players utilize the same types of skills, strengths, and weaknesses. If you own't punish the enemy, they will punish you!

What this doesn't mean: Side-quests are not pointless! Yes, you will, on occasion, battle enemies of lower Categories than yourself. While this will not reward exp, it will open up the avenue to obtaining powerful artifacts that can give you a tactical edge on your opponents.

Stats

Players have several stats in Welcome to Lustaeus -

Stamina - Your Health. When this runs out, you submit to your foe

Spirit - Your Magical Energy. This is needed to perform Magic

Talent - Your Physical Damage modifier

Creativity - Your Magical Damage modifier

Endurance - Your Physical Defense modifier. Each point of Endurance also increases your Stamina by 5.

Resistance - Your Magical Defense modifier. Each point of Resistance also increases your Spirit by 2.

Agility - Your Speed in battle. Each point of Agility grants .25% Evasion and .125% Magical Evasion.

Perception - Your chance to perform a "Critical Strike" (IE: 5 Perception = 5% Critical Hit Chance)

Gear

Unlike ToG, where gear amounts for simple stat-sticks to buffer your abilities against your foes, in Welcome to Lustaeus, gear is separated into five categories that provide specific bonuses.

Tools: Enhance the users Talent (Physical Damage) or Creativity (Magical Damage)

Body: Enhance the user's Physical Resistance or Magical Resistance

Bracelets: Give wearer access to a unique Active Ability

Anklets: Give wearer a permanent Passive Ability

Headwear: Increases the wearers regenerative capabilities

Auto-Saving

This is a big deal that I am very happy to announce and will do everything in my power to make work. No more will you have to worry about losing hours upon hours of progress just because you weren't expecting a fight. With this new system, the game will save to a completely independent Auto-Save slot periodically and after every battle.

The best part: the auto-save doesn't use up one of your save slots! You can still save wherever you like, to explore different options in the future.

Ending Notes

Welcome to Lustaeus is still heavily in development. However, with a focus on smaller, self-contained chapters I hope to release it in an episodic fashion. What this means is that I will be heavily involved in each chapter, to ensure that there is plenty to do, secrets to find, and plenty of tickling: both in and out of battle.

My goal for this game is to be an experience, as much as an interactive fetish story. I want to create a world you can enjoy, and maybe even immerse yourself in, if only for a while. I hope you are as excited for this as I am.

If you have any questions or concerns, please, don't be afraid to let me know!

Last edited:
I'm super stoked for this. I've always been a big fan of your work and I'm sure I'm going to love this as well!

Hot damnnnnn. Get hyped. GET HYPED.

And on a side note, I really like what you did with the leveling up system here - it's just a much more forgiving game. Looking forward to playing!

This is very, very promising, and I look forward to the fruits of your labor. I like the amount of care and thought you're putting into this, the meticulous work that you seem to be putting into the details, all of which I'm sure will be greatly felt and appreciated by everyone who plays it.

Good luck with your progress, and I can't wait for a release. 🙂

I was wondering how long it was gonna be before you made a thread for this XD

http://youtu.be/Oez4cctIiXM

Just to show I'm making progress, here is a clip of the first tutorial. It gives a brief glimpse of the writing style, a bit of insight on the two main characters for Chapter 1, and a small look at the very basic fundamentals of the combat system.

I recorded at 60 fps this time, so hopefully it looks a little better.

The conclusion I came to was that, what I wanted was going to be a much bigger endeavor than I realized. That doesn't mean I've given up!

Quite the contrary, I've got a stronger desire and more focused goal than I've ever had. What this led to, though, was the need for something more manageable. What I have planned for Tower of Gargalesis is pretty massive. It's going to be something special, and I really want to make sure it can live up not just to the promises I've made to anyone interested, but the promise I've made to myself.

That's what brings us here.

Allow me to introduce the teaser for the first game in what I plan to be a trilogy

Hearing you say all that just really makes me . . . I don't know how I want to put it . . . just really "respect" you as a creator, maybe? I'm not sure how to put it, but it was very promising to me. Just the way that you understand how massive a project it is, in addition to seeing your determination, and the way you're starting everything up again with what I feel to be a very cool move . . .

It just really gives a jaded RPG Maker fan like me the faith to think that you have what it takes to create some absolutely amazing things. I'm genuinely really looking forward to all this.

I will happily wait a good 2 years for both of these games to come through. what You are suggesting to do with them looks like it will take a great deal of time to implement adding to the fact of your life. I can not wait for this one in addition to all the other great games coming out.

Playable Demo

I'm making good progress, so I decided I would release what I have, thus far, as a demo, rather than doing a video.

Welcome to Lustaeus - Tutorial Demo

There are no actual fights yet, this just takes you through the three part tutorial, which is essentially a glorified cutscene. Also, for the sake of the demo, I have elected to not include the RTP. When I'm ready to do a more official launch of Chapter 1, I'll include an RTP option.

This is mostly bare-bones, all the villagers have dialogue and the story advances as it should up to a point, however I haven't implemented a lot of the side material yet. So, if things feel a little empty, that's just because I was focused on getting the tutorial finished first.

Let me know what you think, I'm really proud of how it's coming along so far.

Hey there.

I just played your demo all the way through, and I have to say that is is simply amazing. I found little wrong with it, the flow of the game is crisp and not lagging in any way what so ever, even the design of the UI, not to mention the gameplay is exceptional. 10/10. Can't wait to see more. ^^

Hmm, it still gives me the "RPGVXAce RTP is required to run this game" message. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd let you know since you said it shouldn't need it.

This may have been just a demo, but I savored every bit of it. Very nicely done! 🙂

Deus, you are still the best game maker on this site. The attention you're paying to bellybutton tickling is great. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next, and if you beat the legendary (in my mind) mid-battle button tickling scene you made for Lady Venus in ToG. :coolthumbup

So I'm getting nearer to being to done with the first half of Chapter 1. There are...about 10 extended (ie: not part of a story cutscene) tickling scenes so far. All available by the time you finish the Tutorial.

I still have the first "boss's" three different defeat scenes to write, a rewrite of the boss dialogue, and some story to do. Then I'll be ready for testing and hopefully before I go on vacation this weekend, I can have the first half of chapter 1 completed.

While I'm working though, I wanted to ask: are there any Mamono (Daemons now) from ToG you would enjoy playing as in Welcome to Lustaeus? I have a pretty big list already, but if there are any favorites, I'll be sure to make sure they're included and given a bit of extra TLC.

Well my favorite MGs are Slime Girls and Arachnids so one of those. 🙂
Alraunes are cool too.

While I'm working though, I wanted to ask: are there any Mamono (Daemons now) from ToG you would enjoy playing as in Welcome to Lustaeus? I have a pretty big list already, but if there are any favorites, I'll be sure to make sure they're included and given a bit of extra TLC.

Undine didn't appear, but could enable interesting gameplay and expand the world in interesting ways. Water jets used directly on skin or to move other objects through the water. Possible underwater stealth (since they might blend in with the element). Allows for interaction with aquatic and amphibious species. The down-side is that most of the aquatic species have no feet in their art. Writing could get around that in spades. After all, how would something that didn't have feet before, which was suddenly enchanted to have humanoid legs, react to first being touched there?

Plot opportunities abound too. Maybe a saltwater alliance (mermaids, scylla, etc.) is raiding shorelines, eroding shorelines, or digging a river network inland to expand their empire. Maybe a coastal race forms an uneasy alliance with Undine for help. Or maybe the incursion is threatening Undine by turning her homewaters brackish, and she acts alone to push the saltwater alliance back.

Aquatic species, for ease of lookup: kappa, nereid, mermaids, merrows, the sea bishop, sahuagin, water dragons, water naga, barnacle girls, scylla, and the ever-unleashable kraken.

Underwater tile set and other resources. The FBU set looks good and consistent with RPG Maker maps, in particular.

Undine didn't appear, but could enable interesting gameplay and expand the world in interesting ways. Water jets used directly on skin or to move other objects through the water. Possible underwater stealth (since they might blend in with the element). Allows for interaction with aquatic and amphibious species. The down-side is that most of the aquatic species have no feet in their art. Writing could get around that in spades. After all, how would something that didn't have feet before, which was suddenly enchanted to have humanoid legs, react to first being touched there?

Plot opportunities abound too. Maybe a saltwater alliance (mermaids, scylla, etc.) is raiding shorelines, eroding shorelines, or digging a river network inland to expand their empire. Maybe a coastal race forms an uneasy alliance with Undine for help. Or maybe the incursion is threatening Undine by turning her homewaters brackish, and she acts alone to push the saltwater alliance back.

Aquatic species, for ease of lookup: kappa, nereid, mermaids, merrows, the sea bishop, sahuagin, water dragons, water naga, barnacle girls, scylla, and the ever-unleashable kraken.

Underwater tile set and other resources. The FBU set looks good and consistent with RPG Maker maps, in particular.

I actually have a pretty cool sea/water related chapter planned, so I'll keep all this in mind. Might make it a small mini-series of chapters within the overarching story, to avoid having to stuff too much into one chapter.

Definitely, possibly, likely going to use that FBU set, it's pretty fantastic.

Well, I've already voiced my love of Lady Venus, so she's at the top of the list. Kitsune, because I like fox girls. Hmm, not really sure about any others.

Well, I've already voiced my love of Lady Venus, so she's at the top of the list. Kitsune, because I like fox girls. Hmm, not really sure about any others.

Venus is a tricky one. She was/is actually extremely important to the plot of Tower of Gargalese, so initially I was planning to leave her out of WtL. However, on consideration I've decided to put her in. It will, however, be the last chapter before the Epilogue, so it's going to be a while.

Sorry!

I'd like to ask is there involvement with humans as well. The daemons are great. But i loved the mix of humans as well. Like playing the villain in one chapter terrorizing a human village and tickling them in fun ways before some would be heroine comes to stop you.

I'd like to ask is there involvement with humans as well. The daemons are great. But i loved the mix of humans as well. Like playing the villain in one chapter terrorizing a human village and tickling them in fun ways before some would be heroine comes to stop you.

That is another interesting topic. The short answer is yes, the village from ToG will make an appearance as the later chapters explore more of the island.

The longer answer is...it's complicated. This game takes place many many years before the Outsider sets foot on the island. At this point in time, the villagers and daemons have a...strenuous at best relationship.

It's not quite Attack on Titan, but it's pretty much like Attack on Titan. The villagers are 80% helpless against the daemons and only kept safe for reasons that will come up later in the story.

That said, Gwen is a very chaotic good introduction to the game. Later chapters will likely lead us into the "shoes" so to speak of more malicious daemons who are prone to invading the villages.

Shortest answer: yes. The non-daemon villagers will make an appearance. Just not this chapter.

Small Update (Restart Required Unfortunately)

This isn't exactly necessary, but I'm going on vacation soon and I wanted to have something up with a little bit more meaty content.

That sounds wrong...

Anyway:

Welcome to Lustaeus Demo V2 - No RTP

Welcome to LUstaeus Demo V2 - RTP Included

If you don't have the RTP, or RPG Maker VX Ace, please download the second (much larger) file and it should work.

I should have everything working (I don't believe I messed with anything this morning other than fixing a few typos.)

You will have to restart. I tried to avoid it, but due to a new script I'm using, it will be required.

What's New?

After the first tutorial battle, two new scenes appear in Luwa. Gwendelyn will mention where one is, and you'll notice an exclamation point over one of the fairy's in Luwa East to signify she has new dialogue.

After the second tutorial, when you leave your house, you'll be forced into a fight. Don't worry, it's incredibly easy, and it does not lead to a game over. If you lose, you can try again. However, once you win the fight, it disappears. I recommend losing once, then saving before you challenge her again.

Also: Waelyn's Fangirl will have new dialogue for you (again, indicated by an exclamation point over her head). There will also be a fairy in Luwa -West sleeping by the lake. You can talk to her as many times as you'd like.

Note: In case you didn't try before, there is a tickling scene if you tell Waelyn you aren't ready to begin your training.

So, in total, I think I've added 10 tickling scenes, some 6000 words of extra content. I'm happy with how it's turned out, and the direction things are going.

If you'd like to air any grievances, or comment on any of the content, feel free. I'm always looking for feedback/suggestions.

If you enjoy what I've done so far, expect at least twice this much in the final release.

Thanks again

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back