• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What charities do you donate to?

GirlWhoLikes2Laugh

4th Level Orange Feather
Since I've been working at Acme for seven years, I've learned that we collect money for a lot of charities. The ones that come to my mind right away are breast cancer, Jerry's Kids, Alex's Lemonade, & Phil Abundance (which is a charity based in Philadelphia). We collected for Phil Abundance from the beginning of Nov. to the 25th, the day before Thanksgiving. So now we are collecting from the beginning of December to January 1st for Phil Abundance for Christmas and other holidays.

Although I am glad we are doing this, I've had several customers say to me that they're worried the funds will go to the wrong people, that the people who the money should be going to aren't getting enough, and I also had one man say when I asked him if he wanted to donate he said he didn't believe in things like that and people should just go get a job. They shouldn't have to rely on charities. Told him that sometimes it's not always that simple but I didn't get into it too much him. Had another customer tell me he found out that the Goodwill charities are a scam and the clothes you donate don't go to needy people, the person in charge sells them and keeps the money :sowrong:. I don't know if this is a fact but that's what he told me. He also said the March of Dimes was also a scam which I am not sure is a fact or not.

I know there are people who take advantage of these charities, people who take advantage of food stamps and things of that nature but obviously not everyone is that way. Look forward to your replies.

ill donate to pretty much any that i see around collecting when i can

no kid hungry.org

truckers final mile.org.

I have donated to save a bunny in the past.

When I do my taxes and they ask if I'd like to donate any money I always donate to St Judes Children's Research Hospital and animal shelters. I believe they are two of the best causes to donate money to.

We donate to various charities but not any one regularly. It sounds like the charities that you mentioned are very well respected.

When you come across skeptics of a particular charity just say, "hmm, interesting. Where did you hear that?" or "Why do you think that?" Then you can investigate for yourself. I'm sure there are incidents of bad behavior but sometimes their belief of a systemically corrupt organization is not based on credible information but rather is an irrational conclusion that is formed simply because it is consistent with a particular world view.

Some honestly believe that charity harms people. I believe in the powerful role of charity but if their belief is sincere then I respect it. It's not my place to judge.

Paralyzed Veteran's of America
JSM ministries
Disabled veterans of America

In the past, mostly Cancer Research UK - a close friend was diagnosed so it became the charity and condition I became most knowledgeable of.

I tend to choose one charity and stick with it.

In the UK sadly, it's almost like a business these days. In the high streets there are people with clip boards wanting you to hand over credit card details and it's very clinical and indeed cynical!

I much prefer the old days, where you get volunteers, shaking a jar, where you can deposit a few cents or pennies, they'd usually be grateful and it gives you a warm glow inside.

Sadly it's a corporate thing these days, where they even have call centres phoning up the elderly to get them to feel guilty and hand over their hard earned 🙁

If you can, I advise everyone to donate blood - I equate this to a charitable donation - not everyone is able to donate blood, but usually you can find a session a short walk away - there was a big pre-Winter push for donors here in the UK - it's something I've not done for a while, so I've just decided to make this my NY resolution.

Does donating time count? We've got a local dog rescue shelter and I help with several things there.

RIAZ - Recovery Innovations of Arizona. An organization that helps find men and women with a SMI (Serious Mental Illness) diagnosis housing, assistance, and employment. They do major outreach with the homeless.

Homeless people I encounter. I don't care if they "spend it on drugs/booze", it came out of my damned wallet and I chose to spend it on them.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back