• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do YOU think makes a good story

dentrag1231

TMF Expert
Just out of curiosity, what do people on here think makes a good TK story? From the descriptness of the title, to the begining, end, middle, format, length and amonut of non-tickling story bits, all the way to originasl characters vs existing characters.

Um... for starters you posted in a wrong thread. Second I like descriptions, lots and lots of them. After that I like a little humor and a lot of logic. Explanations are needed sometimes.

For me, good grammar, spelling, and punctuation are essential. I can't read stories which are formatted as one giant paragraph or are written in "SMS speak," have no punctuation, or contain dozens of misspellings.

I like a sense of humour, clever plotlines, original and well-developed characters, and good pacing. I prefer stories to be plausible (except for science fiction and fantasy) and in tickling fiction, I like a friendly relationship among the participants. I dislike blood or gore except in crime or horror fiction.

I like a friendly relationship among the participants.
I agree with this to a certain extent. I love stories like Neighbors! where they all end up happy with the situation, but sometimes a story with a bit of cruelty can be fun. It's when the story basically amounts to rape fantasy that I really won't read it.

Well, to me, good plot comes first. I like it when I don't get a feeling that the story amounts to 'The ticklers had nothing better to do, so they tickled a victim' or 'The tickler is just making a plan to tickle a victim, then he/she/it does it.' I think you know what I'm getting at.
Also, good descriptions of characters are necessary. I don't like when the 'ler is only there to tickle and be evil/wicked/perverted while the 'lee is only there to be cute and laugh. There has to be some depth.
Third, descriptions. Of course, if the story has former two, it's probably descriptive already, but I like it when I can actually feel like I'm standing there and watching. If the writer can make me imagine those things like I was actually standing there, then I really appreciate such act. Of course, sometimes I can just go for a quick read, then descriptions aren't necessary.

i like it easy and more family related not some crazy erotic fantasies about a celebrity cus you know it wont ever happen

For me it's a strong story line with memorable, consistant characters, and good pacing.

I agree with Mistress Valerie: that following the rules of grammer is vitally important to any story. Vocabulary, punctuation and spelling are critical. A good writer must understand the difference between a comma, a colon and a semi-colon and how to use each properly. The use of ems and italics will help emphasize your flow of words and meaning.

Unfortunately, in any web translation of a story, added space between paragraphs is needed. Normally, line spaces are only used to seperate moments in time, but here, added spaces are necessary to avoid eye fatigue.

The choice of font and font size are also important. Personally, I hate Times New Roman, and opt to use a more intelligible one like Verdana. But keep in mind that the font size relates to how large a story you can post.
As most sites (like TT) limit the size of your story, a larger font will preclude lengh. As a rule of thumb, I limit my word count to six thousand words, using twelve-point Verdana. If your stories are lengthy, you will need to post them in installments.

Editing is critical to ensure idea and verbal flow. Followed by more editing, and still more editing. For me, editing is one of the most enjoyable aspects of writing. As a classical pianist, I know that practice is everything; the same applies to writing. I look back at my early attemps at writing and cringe. It's a learning process, and again, practice is everything.

Of course, a fertile imagination is essential to a story. You have to offer your readers something new and unique. A simple tickling scenario can be repetitiious and boringly predictable.

Lastly, you need to write about something that arouses you personally. How can you ever expect to titilate your readers if it doesn't turn you on to begin with? Maybe they won't share your particular interest, but then you can't please everyone; don't even try. Always write to please yourself first!

Luckycat.

I second the luckymeow here also... especially the last line I like that part. Artists always do art for themselves first, then others...

For me:

o Original characters and setting. I don't like fan-fiction or celebrity tickling stories. To get me to read fan-fiction, the writing needs to be better than that produced by most of the professional authors of tie-in stories.

o Proper formatting, punctuation, spelling and grammar. See my rant on the subject.

o I like science fiction and fantasy both because it helps mask the basic implausibility of a tickling scenario and because I just like SF & F. If not fantasy or science fiction, I still prefer the story to be somehow exotic in its setting.

o Stories where neither the 'ler nor the 'lee is a nasty person deserving the reader's contempt. I dislike stories where the 'ler is a sadistic bastard who tickles because its the worst torment he can think of. I dislike stories where the 'lee is a bitch who deserves the horrible agony of tickle TORTURE. And I dislike stories where the 'lee suffers agonies that she doesn't deserve.

o In general, I prefer stories where the 'lee secretly or not-so-secretly enjoys it, and where the 'lers motivation is something other than "this is the nastiest and most effective torment I can think of." So what makes a good story for me is one where the tickling serves its purpose even if (or because) the 'lee likes it. So a good story needs a creative reason for the tickling.

o Another thing that makes a good story is an interesting conflict. For a tickle story this means some conflict that's not the usual "will the tickling end before the 'lee's endurance does?" Or if that is the conflict used, it needs to be low-key, friendly, and different somehow.

My take, anyway.

For me, good grammar, spelling, and punctuation are essential. I can't read stories which are formatted as one giant paragraph or are written in "SMS speak," have no punctuation, or contain dozens of misspellings.

I like a sense of humour, clever plotlines, original and well-developed characters, and good pacing. I prefer stories to be plausible (except for science fiction and fantasy) and in tickling fiction, I like a friendly relationship among the participants. I dislike blood or gore except in crime or horror fiction.

i completley agree with this, took the words right off of my finger tips!

I second all that Sable Sword so elegantly said.

Also, I like (and now try to do in my stories) to not make the tickling the sole action of the story. Yes, we all like it, and it HAS to be there for it to be a ticking story, but I like it when it can be made into one of the sub-plots, something to move the story along, not always as the Cecille B. DeMille sized climax.

It's not hard to tell if the story is just a "let's write a story with some big nasty tickling in it" vs. a tale that reflects a person's fantasies or something they like or want to do. Even if it's a hard core scene, it shows their passion for the plot and subject. The story will reflect their real interest.

Also, if you can't type, spell or use a grammar checker, find someone who does! Nothing spoils a tale more than one that is unreadable.

My $0.02

Well I think a good story has words. Like lotsa words.

A story should be at least 10 pages long, filled with words.

I am in total agreement with the idea that a story shouldn't be one huge paragraph. I might click a story that looks interesting but as soon as I see that it is one huge paragraph I don't read it.
Also character development is a major aspect to consider. I personaly enjoy a story more when i have a greater understanding of the principal characters, not just that the 'lee is "hot" or the 'ler has no description at all.

(PS: forgive any reposts of ideas)

Tossing in a couple of additional personal pet peeves, I'm annoyed by attempts to measure the length of a story in "pages." The number of words on a page can vary so much as to make "10 pages" meaningless. Use word count instead - that's the proper, and standard, measure of a story's length.

A second peeve of mine is description by listing "vital statistics": "Suzi was a 23 year old coed, 5 feet 4 inches tall, 121 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes, 34C breasts, and size 7 feet." This just screams to me of bad amateur writing.

(Although I keep promising to myself that someday I'm going to use that sort of description in a way that actually makes sense: A slave-hunter reading a victim's dossier or some such.)

Hmmm I will have to agree with sablesword on this one. There are writers who can write a beautiful story on only one page, and there are those who can't write a decent story even if it is on a hundred of pages. Characters should be described through the story, not told at the beginning. When I read that kind of a story I completely forgot about character, and that is my favorite part.

I really like the original stories. I agree that it is quality and not quantity. I think that is important to read your story over and over. The inconsistencies need to be weeded out. You can't have your reader questioning your grasp of your own world. Make the story logical and believable.

I personally really enjoy the situational tickling and creative tickle traps worked into the story. I do not like people passing off obvious bullshit as real life experiences. If you have a great idea just wrap a story around it. There no need to stroke your own ego, plus it de-legitimizes those who do have an awesome real life experience.

Of course, decent technique makes the read easier, but thats kind of a given. But do I know that it isn't universally understood.

Kind of hard for me to put into a sentence that does not bounce off everywhere. I like the ideas of this thread as they ring true. I will put something together when I can.

On a side note I was thinking about making a story many times through the years, but I am not so good with my grammar. On screen or on paper. I do have ideas though, just not the author's touch

Hmmm I will have to agree with sablesword on this one. There are writers who can write a beautiful story on only one page, and there are those who can't write a decent story even if it is on a hundred of pages.

Grrrr. You're missing the point. My point is not that a story's length is a bogus measure of it's quality. (It's true, but also BESIDE THE POINT). My point is that "pages" is a bogus measure of a story's LENGTH.

In the extreme case, a story written "on only one page" can be longer - have a higher word count - than a story written on multiple "pages."

Even with mass market paperbacks, where the pages are all the same size, one book might average 200 words per page while the next one averages 400 words per page. So a "300 page paperback novel" might be 60,000 words - or 120,000 words, i.e. twice as long despite both stories being (sneer at the speaker's cluelessness) "300 pages long." (/sneer)

5178RW6CAWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

That's why my teachers always dictated the font size and spacing format to the class. To avoid that little bit of nonsense. You couldn't get anything by them 80 year old nuns. They were cool but boy did they have every trick under control.

Grrrr. You're missing the point. My point is not that a story's length is a bogus measure of it's quality. (It's true, but also BESIDE THE POINT). My point is that "pages" is a bogus measure of a story's LENGTH.

In the extreme case, a story written "on only one page" can be longer - have a higher word count - than a story written on multiple "pages."

Even with mass market paperbacks, where the pages are all the same size, one book might average 200 words per page while the next one averages 400 words per page. So a "300 page paperback novel" might be 60,000 words - or 120,000 words, i.e. twice as long despite both stories being (sneer at the speaker's cluelessness) "300 pages long." (/sneer)

Mhm I get your point, and I agree on that also. Words are our tools of war there, so why not more, yes?

What's New

9/14/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest selection of fetish clips in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back