• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do you want to see in the FFVII remake?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
Me personally, I'd like to see the individual characters have more options in battle (like Cloud having sword abilities similar to a Knight Job Class, Barret having a artillery version of Edgar's Tools, Tifa having Martial Arts moves like Sabin, and Yuffie having Ninjutsu abilities similar to Edge).

I'd also like to see some sort of Materia Synthesis / Fusion system. Lastly, I want Square / Enix to get rid of Don Conero and the whole "dress up Cloud" scenario. I have no problem with men who are trans but the whole situation just screams "sexual harassment" in so many different ways (from Conero using women for sex to the "Honey Bee Inn scene" where Cloud actually sleeps with a prostitute for an item).

I would like to see a coherent story *buh dum tss*. Honestly though, VII is my 3rd least favourite game in the franchise behind V and X-2 but I have high hopes for the remake if they can fix some of the really annoying aspects of it. I found the characters in VII to be boring aside from Red XIII so hopefully they give them a bit more personality and likeability which they seem to have done with Advent Children. The story was all over the place (even for final fantasy) so hopefully they present it in a less convoluted way.

I really like the idea of materia synthesis though, maybe to extend upon that have infusions with your weapons or gear. Like if you have Ice materia on your sword, you can do special ice attacks with it like shoot icicles that slow enemies or something. Fire materia on your armour makes enemies hurt themselves when they attack you physically. That kind of stuff.

I'm surprised you want to see the cross dressing Cloud get out of the game, I always thought that was a charming aspect of the game and made Cloud less of a... brick.

Haha, the cross-dressing scene is one of the things I remember most. xD I love that crazy theme park bit, too.

[Waffle alert]

I might be making a void comment here, because I haven't read ANY of the media coverage concerning this game, but I kind of hope they keep it turn-based, and not move over to the action jumping-around stuff. I might be alone in this, but I frequently don't like it when games get stuck between genres. I like RPGs to be strategic and thoughtful, and I like action games to be... action-y. Having the fights be intense but brief action bits just sort of makes me want to go play a hack-n-slash or something.

It makes sense in my head.

Sadly Senshi (and I hope I'm not spoiling it for you), it appears to have a combat system similar to Final Fantasy XV.

I wanted it to be turned based too. Action based RPG's are hard for me because it's too much like fighting games.

I don't have the reaction time skills needed to use the controller properly. 🙁

As for the cross dress part of the game, I would have had no issue with it if you as the player actually gained something from it but in the game you didn't get so much as an item much less a chance to rescue Tifa. I mean, if Cloud ditched the dress as soon as he got inside the mansion and then had to rescue a tied up Tifa by fighting a Dominatrix mini-boss and then after rescuing Tifa you fight a big bodyguard mech mini-boss guarding the Don's door then I would have been satisfied.

Sadly, none of that happened. 🙁

Last edited:
Okay, I'm glad what I said about action bits in RPGs made some sense. x) Sucks that it isn't going to be turn-based, though. I guess that's just the direction Final Fantasy is taking (I haven't played a FF game since FFX). But yeah, I like my tactical games to be thoughtful and my action games to be intense. I've been put off a few games like that. Everyone raved about that game "Catherine", but I found it was too fast paced and frantic to be enjoyable as a puzzle game, but too puzzly and restricted to be a fun platformer. Stuck between genres.

I was actually really hoping for turn-based combat as well when I first heard that the game was coming out but after trying Type-0, I kind of fell in love with more action style gameplay. Hopefully it will be a hell of a lot more refined than what was in Type-0 because it showed the flaws of it being a PSP game pretty heavily.

Ultimately I feel like the more action-oriented combat will open up different avenues for the game and allow you to experience all the areas through new eyes. I probably wouldn't be as interested in it if it were just the same thing as the original with a new skin on it. I'm really interested to see what they do with it!

The big issue for me is the episodic release format... There's literally no reason to segment the game and stagger the releases aside from not having faith in the product or trying to milk more money out of the fan base.

The big issue for me is the episodic release format... There's literally no reason to segment the game and stagger the releases aside from not having faith in the product or trying to milk more money out of the fan base.

*Gravelly-voiced movie trailer guy* Coming this fall, the first game in the Final Fantasy 7 trilogy!

Release schedule as follows:

- Final Fantasy 7: Part 1
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 2
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 3 [Part 1]
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 3 [Part 2]

I don't like this trend much. 😛

Are you KIDDING ME? They're going to split the game into episodes? F that shit. If I have to purchase different episodes instead of being able to purchase the whole game then Square / Enix can kiss my ass.

*Gravelly-voiced movie trailer guy* Coming this fall, the first game in the Final Fantasy 7 trilogy!

Release schedule as follows:

- Final Fantasy 7: Part 1
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 2
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 3 [Part 1]
- Final Fantasy 7: Part 3 [Part 2]

I don't like this trend much. 😛

How Final Fantasy would have gone if developed by Valve 😛.

Are you KIDDING ME? They're going to split the game into episodes? F that shit. If I have to purchase different episodes instead of being able to purchase the whole game then Square / Enix can kiss my ass.

Yup, for some reason Square thinks it's a good idea to segment the most hyped game they could ever release. I don't know what the structure is going to be for it so I couldn't tell you if it'll be like a Telltale game format or if it'll just be spaced out releases but an upfront price for the whole thing. It does sound like it'll be separate releases with their own price tags though. They had to find some way to ruin it for people I guess.

I'm saying this from what I've picked up peripherally, so I might be wrong, but isn't the new Hitman game also by Square Enix? I know that's getting an episodic release too, but it's also going as a $60 retail game. Perhaps the episodic release schedule is only for those who want to pay a little at a time, but those who shell out $60 upfront get the whole thing?

Honestly Senshi, I wouldn't put it past Square / Enix to charge the full $60.00 for each and every individual episode. They've shown that they could give less a damn for their consumers and obviously plan to milk their fanbase for every single cent their worth.

I'm very, very late to this party but... First of all, when I was younger I found the crossdressing scene utterly hilarious upon first playthrough. All growed up, I still love it, but for different reasons. It FITS. This is pretty fucking dark Final Fantasy game. A main character permanently dies, an entire city gets crushed to death by a giant metal plate falling on it. Actually I'm pretty sure it was a couple cities, I don't remember how big Midgar was supposed to be in comparison to oh, say, Costa Del Sol. So a very slumlike city with heavy drug use, prostitution and a sex offender kingpin doesn't exactly strike me as out of place in this particular game.

Second. I understand the episodic format, and it's not produced out of greed. Have you seen the graphics quality of the remake? Most platforms would lag out the ASS if they tried to put that all out on one release form. PCs most of all, because digital downloads generally can't rely on multiple discs. While I'm not any more fond of the fact I'll have to probably wait a couple years at worst case to go from start to finish on the game, I'm keeping an open mind on the matter.

Third... The only thing that really, REALLY bugged me in Final Fantasy 7? One word. HANDS.

Second. I understand the episodic format, and it's not produced out of greed. Have you seen the graphics quality of the remake? Most platforms would lag out the ASS if they tried to put that all out on one release form. PCs most of all, because digital downloads generally can't rely on multiple discs. While I'm not any more fond of the fact I'll have to probably wait a couple years at worst case to go from start to finish on the game, I'm keeping an open mind on the matter.

Well, I would normally agree with you on that but from what I've been hearing they're trying to make each episode a full length game. Like each episode of Final Fantasy VII will be the length of XIII or even XV (citation needed on the latter though). I don't really think there's enough in the original to fill even two games of that length so it kind of makes me wonder what they're going to be doing to pad it out over more episodes. It could be good but it can also be a train wreck, depending on what they wanna do with it.

I'm optimistic about it, however. I just hope we get to see more with Red XIII/Nanaki AND we're not forced to play with a specific character. Let me have my dream team of Vincent, Cid and Red XIII!

I'm optimistic about it, however. I just hope we get to see more with Red XIII/Nanaki AND we're not forced to play with a specific character. Let me have my dream team of Vincent, Cid and Red XIII!

Yeah, it would be nice to have the option to make Cloud not a party member or at least have a party of five playable characters (like in Final Fantasy IV).

Can't wait to see bosses ! And listen all the new ost.
Just one thing... I want a remake of FFVI too....
*moves his tentacles, excited*

Best FF for me : FFVI VII & VIII

I swear to god if they remake FFVI and don't make it a turn based RPG I will be supremely upset.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back