• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What New Age System are you looking forward to?

Gamer2471

TMF Poster
We got Xbox 360 this November, the PS3 and the new Nintendo System in 06. Which one are you looking forward to? Personally I'll end up getting all three, but I'm more interested in the stuff coming out for the PS3. The new Devil May Cry 4, Fight Night 3, Metal Gear Soild 4, and the various other titles. But I will admit the 360 does have the new Perfect Dark coming out, as well as Gears of War, which doesn't look half bad. I also heard that whenever the PS3 is suppose to be released, 360 will be releasing Halo 3, to give Sony a tough time. I still know the PS3 sales will skyrocket like always.

for me ps3 because most of my library is ps1 and 2 and its my main dvd player for tv

Yeah. Whenever the PSX, N64 and Dreamcast came out, I got the PSX first, then the other two later. The same goes for my PS2. I usually get the Sony system first, but I've already got my Xbox 360 reserved and paid off, lol since it comes out first.

The Nintendo system is called the Revolution I think, I'm going to get it first or the PS3. I would get the X-BOX 360, but I don't like there attitudes with the other games they released. If the backwards compatibility doesn't include all the X-BOX games than I might not get it.

I'll probably only be getting one system and it won't be until at least the first major price drop. I'll probably get the PS3. Though if Nintendo does what they say they're trying to do and they make all the old Nintendo games available for free or low cost I'll probably get the revolution as a second system. Since I won't be buying a new system until they each have a large library of games (I only got my PS2 this year just before they redesigned them) I'll have a lot more info to use when comparing them than people buying their new systems right away. 😛

This is the first time I've heard someone refer to game consoles as "new age" rather than "next generation".

I too don't plan on buying anything else, or any video games really. I got burnt out of them a long time ago. Other hobbies have taken their place. There of course will be those exceptional games that are really fun, have a good replay value or are so nifty you just have to have them.

TheFactor said:
The Nintendo system is called the Revolution I think, I'm going to get it first or the PS3. I would get the X-BOX 360, but I don't like there attitudes with the other games they released. If the backwards compatibility doesn't include all the X-BOX games than I might not get it.

Their "attitudes"? What are you talking about?

Anyway...I'll be getting Xbox 360 first, as a loyal Xbox fan, and I will definately get PS3 after that, but I have no idea when.

I'm gonna use the same approach as I did with the current generation of systems. PS3 first, pretty soon after release, then give it a few years and buy the revolution (being the Nintendo fanboy that I am).

I have nothing against Microsoft or the X-Box, I just don't really think it warranted my purchase seeing as damn near every game released for it was also out on PS2, and the Microsoft exclusive games are nothing to really shout about.

Nintendo first-party games, however, are totally worth buying another console for.

One thing that scares me about the new system. Expensive development of the systems and the price to create each game may lead to 70 plus dollar games. Anyway, i guess I will get xbox 360 around the christmas season and im probably going to order it over the internet so I dont get mugged for it.

Fiend said:
I'm gonna use the same approach as I did with the current generation of systems. PS3 first, pretty soon after release, then give it a few years and buy the revolution (being the Nintendo fanboy that I am).

I have nothing against Microsoft or the X-Box, I just don't really think it warranted my purchase seeing as damn near every game released for it was also out on PS2, and the Microsoft exclusive games are nothing to really shout about.

Nintendo first-party games, however, are totally worth buying another console for.

Actually, what type of game you like is what that depends on. For instance, I go for Halo. Great game, that Halo. If you don't believe that Microsoft's games are anything to shout about, check reviews.

Anyway, for Xbox 360, almost every game will be Xbox exclusive, and there will be a mob of games. 25-40 expected on launch, and 160-200 within about 4 months. That's damn good work if you ask me.

But truely, what bought me over about Xbox 360 is that Microsoft bought Square Enix. Where Square goes, I go. I can't live without Final Fantasy.

AphxA said:
One thing that scares me about the new system. Expensive development of the systems and the price to create each game may lead to 70 plus dollar games. Anyway, i guess I will get xbox 360 around the christmas season and im probably going to order it over the internet so I dont get mugged for it.

Well, right now a bunch of places are having Special Editions of games that are coming out, it's an extra ten bucks for the shiney case and special features. The reason for those is the industry is seeing if people would actually pay more, for the little tin and the bonus disc. Personally I don't go for it, unless it has something of value to me, like the Doom 3, which game with both 1 and 2 on the Special Edition. How the sales go with the Special Editions will tell if the games will stay at 49.99 or if they will move up to 59.99.

i will probably get the x-box 360 since out of all the previous 3 super systems (gc, XB, Ps2) I thought X box was the best. I thought that gamecube was more child oriented and had less good games, and i've always hated the Playstation and PS2. I thought the gameplay was weird on their games. When i play a playstation, something doesn't seem right. So X-Box 360 all the way!

Oh hell yeah of course im paying for special edition cases. I loved doom 3 special edition, it was packed with goodies. I also go the halo 2 special edition. Id pay extra for special edition stuff.

Furthermore, im glad nintendo is finally going online with their franchises. Thats all nintendo needed. Now i can play smbm, mario kart online. Woot!!

As for the ps3. That system is like a monster. It may cost a bit much but if the games are great, im shelling out the money.

I'm not getting any of them, at least not for a year or so. There are so many good games that I still haven't played on my PS2 - not to mention my GBA - that I don't see the need to upgrade yet. Remember the PS2 launch, and how its lineup was crappy for about a year? I have a feeling that's what will happen here. Save your pennies, folks!

That's not always true now. I mean, Xbox 360 is having a bunch of games being released, and they all can't be bad. I would trust Xbox more over PS2, considering the PSP has died out. It has maybe two great games, and the best use for it is movies and music. But, I do agree with you on that note, other than the fact that the best games for the PS2 was Gran Tourismo 3, and Final Fantasy X at release.

X-box 360 seems pretty good, i specially like the 20 GB hard drive and kick ass 512 mb ram, but the PS3 really got me with the whole blueray thing, I mean 59 GB in a single disc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, who am I kidding, as soon as they announce a new zelda for the revolution I'm trashing the rest and going back to nintendo... it would be nice to have all three of them though...

Okay can anyone explain this blueray thing to me? I havent been watching G4 at all since they announced these consoles so I havent heard this stuff.

Well Ness, there's not really that much to explain. The name of this new type of disc is actually Blu-ray Disc(I just call it blue-ray cause it sounds nicer), it is pretty much a disc similar to normal cds or dvds, the difference is in the capacity, just as dvds can hold much more info than cds, blu-ray discs can hold much more info than dvds, 54 Gigs to be more accurate(I think I wrote 59 before, my bad), anyway, dvds are read with a red frecuency light, blu-ray discs are read with, yep, you guessed it, blue frecuency laser, it is a very new technology, it hasn't even gone into mass production yet, matsushita(panasonic, it just sounds more interesting if I use the japanese name) is planning to begin soon though, pretty much all the major companies have their own blu ray, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Maxell, JVC, Fujifilm,TDK... Actually TDK is working on a 2x blu-ray that can store twice as much info(or at least close to twice as much, 100 Gb) and as the name implies it, record at twice the speed, normally 36 Mbps and on this one up to 72 Mbps... I guess you must be bored by now, so I'll just post a few pictures of the discs and recoders

PS: This are called BD-Roms (BD obviously stands for blu-disc)
If you have more questions feel free to ask, but maybe you'd prefer to ask alchemy, he gives much more entertaining answers than me 😀 ...

First one is Panasonics Blu-ray Discs
Second is Sony's
Third, Panasonics recorder
Fourth, Sony's

Attachments

• panasonic2.jpg
    panasonic2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7
  • sony2.jpg
    sony2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 7
  • sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 7
54 GIGS? How the hell do they do that? Amazing!
So since this is brandy new technology is this why the PS3 is coming out so much later than Xbox? Is this a technology that the PS3 will have the the XBox and Revolution will lack completely? If so I can imagine that will put Sony in a position to sail ahead of the other two. *gets all excited* Thanks!

Well, X-Box lacks it, as for the revolution, we don't know yet, Nintendo has a pretty good alliance with Panasonic(there is even a Panasonic version of GC, Japan only though, but you can get it and hack it if you want, I know I did...), and since Panasonic is the first company to actually create a pilot program for mass production... it makes you wonder... hopefully revolution will implement this BD-Rom on their new console.
And in case you haven't seen the panasonic version of the cube, here it is...

Attachments

• PanGC.JPG
    PanGC.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
  • panasonic-gamecube4.jpg
    panasonic-gamecube4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 7
  • instructions.jpg
    instructions.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Qbox.jpg
    Qbox.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 7
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back