• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's hard and heavy and wants everyone in Hollywood to put its hands around it?

NJShore

That's right, everybody...it's Oscar! 😎

This Sunday is the Oscars, so I figured I'd try and see if we can start up a thread where everyone picks their favorites to win whatever awards they wish to talk about.

I'm going to see both "Million Dollar Baby" and "The Aviator" this week as those are the two I think are going to be the potential Best Picture winners, so I'll hold off on opinionating on them for now...

I know Jamie Foxx is about as shoo-in-ish as a shoo-in has ever been as far as Best Actor for "Ray"...but the rest of the nominations: the fantastic Don Cheadle, the fantastic Johnny Depp, the legendary (and, yes, fantastic) Clint Eastwood, and the grown-up-and-arrived-in-H'wood's-eyes Leonardo DiCaprio. This is as solid a list of noms as I've ever seen!

And you know what? The Supporting Actor list is just as solid! Alan Alda, Thomas Haden Church (not a "name", per se, but he's gotten a number of awards going into this Sunday for his role in "Sideways"), Jamie Foxx (this time for "Collateral"), Morgan Freeman and Clive Owen. Personally, Clive to me may as well be named Who? and playing first base, but since he did win the Golden Globe already for his role in "Closer", he's a favorite here. However, I think Morgan "To think, this all started with Easy Reader" Freeman is finally getting his statue.

Two years ago, Best Animated Feature actually went to...the Best Animated Feature! Miyazaki's breathtaking "Spirited Away", a Japanese export that Disney more-or-less brought over for US release, won out over the inferior likes of "Treasure Planet". Since then, they cut the nominations to three, and just like last year, it's the three that made the most money. Last year's Satoshi Kon work "Millennium Actress" might not have been the actual Best Animated Feature, but it damn sure deserved to be nominated. This year without argument, it should go to "The Incredibles", because it really was fantabulous...but if you tell me "Shark Tale" is worthy of a nomination for any award that doesn't have the word "dreck" in it, you're preaching to the choir.

So...anyone else want to chime in? 😎 Whether you're a movie/Oscar buff like I am, or just in general, please do!
==========
NJ Shore
==========

the hollywood brother has not seen the clint eastwood movie but with his clout in tinseltown the hollywood brother is sure he will win it all

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back