• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

When will we hit 15,000 members?

When will we hit 15,000 members?

• October

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • November

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • December

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • January

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Later..

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
I believe that maybe later... (in 1 month only growed on 200)😀

Who knows ? I would say ....... March
🙂
Yes, but in March there could be more than 20000
😉

Honestly, I don't think that the number of registered members really matters. It's almost impossible to truly tally the number of people who are active members on a board-type forum. The numbers are very easy to spin, but it doesn't accurately reflect the membership. It's nice to have a big number, or to know that a certain amount of folks have at least visited your site, but with the nature of online registration...those numbers mean next to nothing.

Take TMF for example. They've been touting the "87,000 members" thing for a while. You look at the members list and you see that it actually has maybe a thousand members you could even call "active" by a stretch of the imagination and maybe a hundred, hundred and a half that are there with any regularity. The number is a manipulation, plain and simple. It's 87,000 screennames that have registered.

Break it down. First off, take off al the multiple accounts. I'm not even on the site anymore and 12 of those screennames are mine. Yes, there are lurkers, but lurkers don't account for 90% of your population. Social groupings just don't work that way. If you look at the members list of almost any forum, you'll see the vast majority with 0 posts. That doesn't mean that they're "lurking", not that large a number. It means someone registered a screenname to check things out and never came back. And that's what you have to look at. Not the number of names, or even their posts...but their last activity, which can be tracked. A good 80% of those names have had no activity of any kind in years.

But, it makes for a good number and good way to push the membership up, which looks good for advertisers. Nature of the business. 😉 And it makes people feel that they're part of something larger than it actually is. Look folks, this is a niche thing. Not just niche...but a small niche of a lifestyle that's already niche in itself. 1% of 1% sort of thing.

What matters is the quality of the people who are here. It's nice to have big numbers, everyone wants that. I just don't want to see that become a sole goal or a banner headline like other places. It really doesn't matter. Bigger isn't always better...and most times it's just an illusion. I like the folks we have here. More are always welcome, of course...but I'm more into quality than quantity. And that's just me. 🙂

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back