• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

When you pay artists to make tickle artwork

Les Paul Freak

TMF Novice
And they set an agreed date for sketches, finished pieces.

They don’t follow through.

Ghost you.

Yeah - that sucks. If I don’t get something soon I will name the artists.

Cheers

This is one of the reasons why -being an artist myself- never charge upfront when I'm taking a commission. Yeah, you run the risk of getting ripped of by the client, but then again, I tend to work mostly with returning commissioners (who thus have a positive track record) myself. Life really tends to throw a spanner in the works at the most inconvenient times, and dates will slip all the time. If one has already received money for the work, it will put stress on the client (as they will fear they've been ripped off) and will also add stress to probably an already stressful situation for the artist -at least that's my experience.

And this is also the very reason why I'm not on Patreon either; to keep the content mill running continuously is just another burden I'd not want to take on.

The fact that the artist ghosted you is just bad, unprofessional practice on their part. As an artist, I always try and keep the client updated, and reply to messages/email within one or two days. That's only fair, especially if they've taken the money already.

Sad to hear that.

I do charge in advance as I've been ghosted too often by clients, sometimes after putting a lot of work into initial sketches and nearly finished pieces.

Now I do a quick concept sketch, then no more until I'm paid. I then give daily updates and send daily works in progress until completion.

95% of my work is for regular clients, so that works well with them from what I've seen.

Reactions: Jmw
Now I'm curious.
How do you know they ghosted you?
They keep drawing and just ignore your msgs?
Maybe they just... died?

It's misunderstanding for sure. Your handle (Les Paul) caught me -- that if you have "one," for sure it never failed you. Anyway, as an artist who stayed long here before, and now drifting somewhere else, one-on-one tickling art commissions never worked for me because...

Last edited:
What's New

10/6/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back