• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Where does this talent for writing come from? From within?

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
I've had several people requesting i begin writing again..but after reading such stories from great authors here i feel that i just don't really have the talent for creating diverse and in-depth characters. The stories i did write were basically my fantasies..with myself as the main character usually..I'm such an avid reader, it frustrates me that i cannot create something i consider unique, original and the like..Those of you who do write terrifically here, where did the talent come from? How do you come up with different and original ideas? I never played video games, which might have helped spark a bit more imagination..I don't know..the stories i did write and posted here in 06 were all well-received..but with my last story, i felt that i was headed down the same road..

Methinks you might want to write regularly. Cory Doctorow (as in BoingBoing.net) recommends writing for 20 minutes a day.

It's part creativity, probably based on an overactive imagination. Part full understanding of the language and ability to use it many different ways. Part is actually reading. I think the more you read the more inspired you get to write something. And another part might be having had some hard times in one's life. Most good writers have had to go through some kind of trauma, no matter how young or how old.

ah yes..i do have an overactive imagination..and i've definitely been through hard times..but i don't think my hard past would fit well in a tickle story..my husband wants me to try and write a "regular" story, but the getting started part is the hardest..and i've been a book worm my entire life..and am in awe at the authors who can create such wonderful stories..not just fetish stories, but main-stream novels..i once thought of writing a story about my real life vs. my internet life..hmm a bit boring though lol..

i thank you both for your advice..

I guess writing a good tickle story may require a lot of experience, but then again, maybe not.

The one thing I think that really makes a good writer, is someone that can make even the most insignificant things seem interesting. I mean, how else did the Great Gatsby become a classic? Just kidding. 🙂

Hmm... you should ask those people. They would know the answer to it best.

If any of those people would answer that they would say something like "Let your imagination run wild. Do it without pressure and for your own pleasure. Do what you want. Never be afraid of going over boundary and trying something new."

Izzy, I thought the same way until I just jumped in, got some encouragement/input and just did it. My only regret is I like the time to do it prolifically.

Heck, I'm a "in my dreams' ler only. Just write about your fantasies, variations, or other wild ideas you can think of. That's all I do...

When I write I just put words to the mental image that I see in my mind. I describe what seems to be the most important factors to set up the scene. I do certainly enjoy telling the story. That really helps. I also really enjoy putting the story together in my head. I hate naming people though, thats a pain. Whatever name I choose seems stupid to me, but it has to be done. I think what really helps though is paying attention to other stories both written and on the screen. See the factors which work. See how those other writers are conveying their message. Build a library of experiences in your mind and save those elements for your stories.

I think with tickling stories in particular, it's difficult to capture that immediacy that is such an integral part of the act. There can be so many delightful little nuances worth mentioning involving a tickling scene(including the banter of the characters, the particular style the tickler uses, the involuntary reactions of the ticklee, and so on). It's hard for many authors to adequately convey that sense of immediacy without getting bogged down in the details. It's almost a catch-22, in that the details make the scene, yet handled inadequately(like this whole damned paragraph) they can weigh things down.

Well with the stories i did write, i did just that..i used my fantasies and imagination..the thing is..now i'm stuck..trying to make in-depth characters is the hardest part for me..and going deeper into a plot..i can set up a story pretty easily..it's getting into the depths of things that is my problem..my fear is that my stories will all begin to repeat themselves in some way..and after reading such unique and fascinating tales, i've rather given up the idea that i can come up with anything even close to matching..maybe my career is being an excellent reader and not a writer at all..

p.s. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite novels..and the movie starring Robert Redford etc to me was an excellent production of the novel without changing anything..which is one thing i most hate about movies made from novels..too much change from the book..

Izzy, I think you need to lighten up on yourself. Don't worry bout being as good as authors who you admire. Don't be afraid to write one suck-ass story after another. You know the old joke, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice! Practice!"

Most good writers have had to go through some kind of trauma, no matter how young or how old.

You only need to read something like this to know that's true. Henry wrote this stuff after watching a friend of his get murdered.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back