• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Where were you on July, 20th, 1969?

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
"One small step for man...one giant leap for mankind"..forty years ago tomorrow, Apollo 11 landed on the moon...where were you when this historic even took place...granted those of you who were alive that is lol...i was home i suppose watching it on tv...i can't really remember now...

I wouldn't exist for another...19 years or so o_o...but love the moon landing nevertheless 😀

i was arriving to earth ,i was in my UFO, humm...but i dont remenber to watch any human in the moon

How well I remember that day. I was enjoying delicious biscotti and cappuccino at this tiny cafe in Verona. I'd gone there to study the architecture of Sant'Anastasia, in particular the gothic apse found at the end of the nave.

I recall meeting a very enchanting man during my stay, a world traveler himself. And from our rendezvous in a small rented flat near Adige River, we began a whirlwind, globe-trotting affair that lasted until we parted ways in 1973.

Ah, memories...

Last edited:
I was on the moon that day....why? Did something happen?

I was in first grade, and since it happened after our bedtime, my brother and I were told about it the next day. The neat part was, that next day was my brothers 5th birthday!

ah yes...ask a silly question etc....:stickout to all of you lol

I was beating most of these young whipper snappers by being a whopping -15 years. Damn kids, don't appreciate nothin'. Well, here's to the first moon landing - and here's to the next! :cheers2::54:

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I was a year-and-a-half old. While I have only vestigial, if any, recollection of anything, I was told by my mom that I was sitting on her lap while she watched the events unfold. Having already shown signs of unusual intelligence, mom had great hopes for her offspring. Over lunch one day, she told me that she still remembers that she told me "That's going to be you some day. I envy the world you're going to live in."

According to her, it was a time of great pride and hope for the future. I am a big supporter of expanding the space program, and letting it sit and rot while we spend the money required on corporate interests is a shame on this nation.

Ah yes Dave...i still get a thrill watching the Space Shuttle take off..and i missed it this last time by minutes....:31:...to me...all the astranauts are true heros...i mean how damn calm can you be when you say..."Houston, we have a problem" and Jim Lovell did say it exactly calmly...i also had a crush on Gus Grissom as a child...such a tragedy when he and the other two burnt up in the space module...

No real idea... i was somewhere that's sure maybe in another world 🙂

Not born till, wait, uumm......
about 20 years later. Yeah, I suck at math 😛
but I know I was born in 1986

According to her, it was a time of great pride and hope for the future. I am a big supporter of expanding the space program, and letting it sit and rot while we spend the money required on corporate interests is a shame on this nation.

Hear, hear! It's a shame that it only got so much government funding in the beginning because it was beneficial to the arms race with Russia. People don't realize that looking up at the stars is more than just a silly curiosity. The study of the planets and stars around us is going to matter when resources run dry and the planet becomes unlivable. That might seem like a distant future for now, but it won't be for the generations that succeed us. I know people don't care, especially since it's in the future, but those are still going to be our people dealing with the problem. To hell with pride for your race/country, have pride for your species.

Last edited:
Hear, hear! It's a shame that it only got so much government funding in the beginning because it was beneficial to the arms race with Russia. People don't realize that looking up at the stars is more than just a silly curiosity. The study of the planets and stars around us is going to matter when resources run dry and the planet becomes unlivable. That might seem like a distant future for now, but it won't be for the generations that succeed us. I know people don't care, especially since it's in the future, but those are still going to be our people dealing with the problem. To hell with pride for your race/country, have pride for your species.

I completely agree. Sometimes, I am so utterly disgusted by the human race that I'm glad I'm only partially a part of it. 😉

With the utterly stupid and wasteful shit we spend money on, it is a crime that we have not continued space exploration with the fervor of the 60's and 70's. We are on the verge of understanding some of the most fundamental and important forces in the universe, but can glean little more from our vantage point.

So, what do we do? We make sure to send almost all of our moeny and resources straight up to the fat old white men who make up the handful of people who actually benefit from our economy...just like their puppets in Washington spent most of the 80's and this decade ensuring. So, as long as they are financially comfortable (after all, what individual person doesn't need several billion dollars to live on?), no one gives a shit about anything so "needless" as space exploration and the evolution of our species.

I can only pray that when we are visited by a superior species (which I fully believe we have been in the past, helping us along at key points. The evidence is right in front of people, but they prefer to attribute things to magical, invisible white-bearded men in the sky....but that's a topic for another ranting thread)...that they will be able to discern the members of the human race who are ready to listen. Of course, should that happen, the almighty military will claim the event as theirs to deal with (NATIONAL SECURITY!!!!), and we will blow any chance of a partnership with a superior intelligence in...oh, about ten minutes.

I was about 8 months along in the womb; my Mom always said she watched it with me, and that's why I grew up to like science and space so much 🙂

12/21/2012???

I completely agree. Sometimes, I am so utterly disgusted by the human race that I'm glad I'm only partially a part of it. 😉

I can only pray that when we are visited by a superior species ...that they will be able to discern the members of the human race who are ready to listen. s.

Just wait till 12/21/2012, Dave.... Lotta people think that's when the "Awakening" will finally happen.... This should be a thread.

I am a big supporter of expanding the space program, and letting it sit and rot while we spend the money required on corporate interests is a shame on this nation.

It's hard to move into the 21st century when the people in the CEOs' offices are hell-bent on taking us back to the so-called "Gilded Age" of the 19th century.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back