• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why do people hate tickling?

Barefoot_Sis

TMF Regular
Yeah, I know, if you're reading this, you're the wrong person to ask. You'll either give a snarky answer, a defensive answer, an obnoxious answer, or you simply won't know, because you do like tickling.

Still, I woke up today, wondering about it. Yes, there are 3 or 4 good sites about tickling out there, but that is such a tiny number compared to the 352,456,355 sites about bondage or the 235,454,343 sites about spanking. You could type in any obscure fetish like 'elbow licking' or something and it will have 1,870,000 hits, (I just checked, knowing what contrary and obnoxious types I'm dealing with) but tickling is always at the bottom of the pile.

I do understand that some of the members here have done their utmost best to drive people away from here. I have been on Yahoo and AOL and other places enough to know that many people have told me they deleted the word 'tickling' from their profile interest after endlessly being asked their foot size by the typical under-socialized troll that's always chasing away people from here before the other 90% of you that are kind and decent get a chance at bat. But having 'normal' molesters and predators hasn't made a dent in the regular sex forums, so I don't actually believe one or two idiots here is responsible for turning everyone into pariahs.

Tickling is something that many people actively hate, and something that many people find a major turn-off. Why?

And what, if anything, can be done to make it more appealing? Oh, I understand that it is so marginalized that it will forever be mainstream, but does it really have to be behind elbow-licking on the respect and popularity meters?

Searched "tickling" via Bing and got 10,500,000 results. Sounds like some of your conclusions as to its popularity were a bit off.

Well.everyone has their likes and dislikes.It's also hard to say because some dislike it from bad childhood experiences and some don't like it because they don't like the feeling or find it weird or childish.Everyone has their own reasons.Go to a chat room and ask who likes tickling and who doesn't.Then,ask the ones that don't why and I bet you'll get many different answers.

I have always had the impression tickling was more popular than spanking. Just now on deviantART I searched for tickling and found 11,480 results, while spanking yielded 5,624, about half as many. Elbow licking gave me a mere 67.

This sounds snarky, but isn't...

Why do you love tickling?

That's the question any tickling hater would have a totally legit reason to ask. And I'll wager that often you'll give very similar answers. It simply that they perceive the sensations as unpleasant, whereas many of us love them. It's a point of view issue.

An example is (non tickling, don't get excited) Carly Simon (IIRC) and Brice Springsteen. She would have paralyzing stage fright. She said her palms would sweat, she'd get breathless, and she knew she couldn't perform. An interviewer asked the Bruce once how he knows when it's time to get out on the stage. he said when his palms start to sweat, and he gets breathless he knows it's time.

Same sensations, different interpretations.

Of course some have had terrible experiences with it, and have an associative hatred of it. Can't blame them for that.

Or for the other, for that matter.

Christopher

Some people just hate to be tickled and people like us love it people who are very ticklish that hate most likely find it torture

I think you might be underestimating the popularity of tickling. There are a LOT of sites devoted to our fetish, but most of them (as with most fetish sites in general) are clip stores and pay sites.

As for why (some) people don't like it, Christopher summed it up best. And, of course, you can enjoy being tickled without having a fetish for it. Most people see it as a minor, affectionate gesture, like a hug. And some people don't like hugs either.

I think that it mostly depends on the context of the tickling. Most people would not like being non-consensually tickled by a rival as part of a power play or act of (non-sexy) domination, although many people enjoy being playfully tickled by a spouse, romantic partner, or sometimes even a close platonic friend.

I suspect that most people that hate tickling had traumatic childhood experiences with it, and so it's a long-standing issue of association. I think the reason why you can find so many hits on a Bing search is that people are intrigued with the concept and want to tickle somebody or see it done. Very few actually enjoy being on the receiving end.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back