• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why don't people believe in injuries or diseases?

Slaver123

TMF Master
-Question; what do back injury, brain injury, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, chronic fatigue, food allergies, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome all have in common?

-Answer: I personally know people who have these conditions who have been told "it's all in your head"

WHy do so many people think serious injuries and medical conditions are just fairy tales? HOW can adult human beings think that? How does someone live with themself after telling a Diabetic that it's all in her mind?

I've been accused of spending too much time in fantasy-land; ahem, I'm not the one who insists that Multiple Sclerosis is make believe (I have a close friend who has MS, and she's heard this sort of nonsense from family members)

I myself was walloped by a larger car than the one I was driving, and my back remembers it to this day; why then have there been people (even 'friends') who accuse me of faking my injury? I have the X-Rays and MRI's to prove my back injury is real- do I have to carry these with me wherever I go just to shut people up?

I know 2 people with Diabetes who have heard the same thing, that it's all in their head, that they just made it all up to feel sorry for themselves....Excuse me, WHAT!?!?!? So DIABETES isn't real now? WHAT!?!?

It's really one of the hardest parts of bearing an injury or chronic illness; the demoralizing and accusations from people who say they don't believe in your condition, even get angry at you for it.

I need to understand this....I'm sure there's other people with similar stories.....

Ah and clinical depression is all in your head as well..pfttt..sure David takes three insulin shots a day because it's all in his head..gesh..

I have currently-untreated depression and anxiety. The anxiety stems from me thinking and worrying WAY too much about things going on in my life, and often fuels the aforementioned depression. Dangerousss. Does it mean that because I'm doing the thinking and it's all apparently emotional or mental symptoms based on my thought process that I shouldn't receive medication for it (or, if thigns were to get worse, therapy)? Well if things like this shouldn't be treated and are indeed "all in my (or whomever's) head," then why exactly do treatments exist and are given out daily to patients suffering all across the globe? If it wasn't necessary we wouldn't have the appropriate countermeasures and we wouldn't still be giving out prescriptions for people who must obviously be delusional. Just send 'em all to the nearest mental institute, lock 'em up because clearly they're insane. Duh! -.-;

Now I just need to get to the doctor so I can be properly diagnosed x-x First person to tell me that my bouts of self-loathing and hatred or my pretty realistic worries about my future (or lack thereof), my career (I have none), my love life (still have none), and frets about even some daily things in general (it all adds up) are all in my head gets a verbal bitch slap. Those who decline to acknowledge that someone might actually have a problem are ignorant to a greater degree than I can comprehend.

See, I have a theory. People who usually say these things don't know you. Your friends understand and try to help you through, but the dumbasses that start shit like this have no clue because their holier-than-thou lifestyles don't get lower-level mental illness or chronic pain due to injuries (or they're too busy wallowing in secret of their own issues to WANT to pay you any mind, it's all about them, etc.). They have no idea what it's like, and what do you do when you encounter something different from you? Fear and shun it, write it off as something unimportant and treat it as something completely below them, and last but not least give the simplest, most assholish and uncaring response.

Now when the DOCTORS themselves begin doing this then there's a whole 'nother issue. Like they went to med school for ten fucking years to tell people that it's all in their head. "Yep, now pay me." Pfah, the thought is laughable, and hopefully very rare.

And let's not get started on the symptoms of physical injury, pain, and anything that has more to do with the body than the mind.

another example of the stupidity of this idea..my mom lay dying, slowly starving to death..her body wasting away..nothing physically wrong with her..it was her depression with delusions that caused this, plus her refusing to sign papers for any sort of treatment..yup the whole concept was in her head..yup..

The problem with this is that it's a combination of blatently stupid, oppinionated retards who think that they're doctors, and the jackass leeches of society, that actually do (or atleast try) to fake serious injuries (or diseases) just so they can not work and suck up government money. Especially with the latter, it's really sick that humanity can sink so low. :/

Is this at all related to the idea that vaccines cause autism and THEY put flouride in the water (etc)? You know. THEY. THEM.

Um, the only answer I can give for most is 'pathetic ignorance', although there are revisions on how many people really have food allergies.

Last edited:
Is this at all related to the idea that vaccines cause autism and THEY put flouride in the water (etc)? You know. THEY. THEM.

The anti-vaccine movement is a serious problem. It's been well established by true medical science that vaccines DON'T cause autism- but people aren't vaccinating their kids, so old diseases like whooping cough are coming back...

Superstition and flim-flam can kill people. There's a guy out there hawking "alternative cures" for cancer, telling people to skip their surgeries and chemotherapy treatments and take his vitamin crap instead- how many people has he all-but-murdered with this scam?

The anti-vaccine movement is a serious problem. It's been well established by true medical science that vaccines DON'T cause autism- but people aren't vaccinating their kids, so old diseases like whooping cough are coming back...

Superstition and flim-flam can kill people. There's a guy out there hawking "alternative cures" for cancer, telling people to skip their surgeries and chemotherapy treatments and take his vitamin crap instead- how many people has he all-but-murdered with this scam?

Oh wow,I thought the diseases like that were long since gone.That's why I wasn't to worried about parents choosing not to vaccinate their kids.I figured if everybody else is vaccinating their kids and a few choose not to it would be no big deal since the disease is basically non-existent,anyway.

I hate to say this,because I wish it was as simple as taking a supplement,but no vitamin is going to cure Cancer.It just isn't that easy.Like I said,I wish it was.However,I would like to know whats in his ''miracle'' pill.

-Question; what do back injury, brain injury, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, chronic fatigue, food allergies, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome all have in common?

-Answer: I personally know people who have these conditions who have been told "it's all in your head"

WHy do so many people think serious injuries and medical conditions are just fairy tales? HOW can adult human beings think that? How does someone live with themself after telling a Diabetic that it's all in her mind?

I've been accused of spending too much time in fantasy-land; ahem, I'm not the one who insists that Multiple Sclerosis is make believe (I have a close friend who has MS, and she's heard this sort of nonsense from family members)

I myself was walloped by a larger car than the one I was driving, and my back remembers it to this day; why then have there been people (even 'friends') who accuse me of faking my injury? I have the X-Rays and MRI's to prove my back injury is real- do I have to carry these with me wherever I go just to shut people up?

I know 2 people with Diabetes who have heard the same thing, that it's all in their head, that they just made it all up to feel sorry for themselves....Excuse me, WHAT!?!?!? So DIABETES isn't real now? WHAT!?!?

It's really one of the hardest parts of bearing an injury or chronic illness; the demoralizing and accusations from people who say they don't believe in your condition, even get angry at you for it.

I need to understand this....I'm sure there's other people with similar stories.....

I can back up and relate to your post and story first hand.
Long story short....I have DDD or more specifically CDDD(Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease) discs 2 through 7(in the neck, hence Cervical).
Severe headaches along with that on occasion. Was told by some asswipe moron whom I call doctor stupivich, that I had a "personality disorder".
She is lucky my wife was with me or she would have needed a proctologist to remove my foot from her ass!

I hate to say this,because I wish it was as simple as taking a supplement,but no vitamin is going to cure Cancer.It just isn't that easy.Like I said,I wish it was.However,I would like to know whats in his ''miracle'' pill.

Cancer will not ever be that simple. Cancer is defined as uncontrolled cellular growth, meaning cells divide beyond their normal limitation thanks to a telomerase enzyme. Right now, the only way to "cure" cancer is to kill it through surgical removal or chemotherapy. It is essentially caused by mutated/damaged DNA. This is one of the reasons ionizing/ultraviolet radiation is so dangerous. Our "miracle cure", which is likely decades or centuries away, would come in the form of nanometer-sized machines (nanites, or nanobots :stickout) introduced into the body programmed to destroy cancer cells.

Cancer will not ever be that simple. Cancer is defined as uncontrolled cellular growth, meaning cells divide beyond their normal limitation thanks to a telomerase enzyme. Right now, the only way to "cure" cancer is to kill it through surgical removal or chemotherapy. It is essentially caused by mutated/damaged DNA. This is one of the reasons ionizing/ultraviolet radiation is so dangerous. Our "miracle cure", which is likely decades or centuries away, would come in the form of nanometer-sized machines (nanites, or nanobots :stickout) introduced into the body programmed to destroy cancer cells.

Alright,so how would these nanites or nanobots be built? Whatever works is fine with me..as long as it doesn't involve needles;they terrify me..

Good question. That's one of the reasons I put in the phrase "decades or centuries away". However if you follow Moore's law, it seems reasonable to fathom machines can be built on that scale eventually.

capitalism propagates selfishness and indifference (sometimes outright joy) regarding the suffering of others, both through deliberate broadcast through the ruling class media and indirectly through the kind of choices forced upon people living in such a society. however, this attitude is at odds with our instincts, as like other African apes we humans are naturally endowed with a certain measure of empathy and communalism (though we shouldn't make starry-eyed exaggerations about how much). the conflict between these two factors can only be resolved politically, i.e. by the abolition of capital, but since from the perspective of the individual that's not an option, psychological defense mechanisms come into play, in this case denial of the facts accompanied by projection of one's own duplicity in lying to oneself and others about the falsehood of a disease one really knows to be real onto the sufferer. it's similar to certain patterns found in imperialist thinking, for example historical denialism - think of all the films where the aggressive indians go to try and drive the peaceful whites from their land, or the way that many mentally normative people are afraid of being attacked by the mentally ill when all evidence shows that normative violence against the mentally ill is far more common. or the way that the accuser at a rape trial might be asked what they were wearing and other questions designed to shift the guilt onto them, although you'll never hear a businessman accusing his mugger being asked if he had led the mugger on by dressing in an ostentatiously wealthy manner. the unemployed being condemned for having had their livelihoods destroyed. it's a repeating pattern you can find everywhere, and which will continue to be everywhere as long as we live in a society with classes. having an honest attitude towards anything at all is off the cards as long as we continue to refer to people who do nothing but live as parasites from the labour of others as "wealth creators".

i'm not saying that explains all of it, but I do think it's an important part of the puzzle.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back