• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why don't YOU go to gatherings?

Because I can't afford it and I highly doubt I'd fit in with anyone.

Short, precise and to the point. 😉

ChosenofMystra said:

1. I can't afford to travel

2. I have no access to a car

3. They never have Gatherings happening here in Las Vegas(for the Vegas Footnight parties are the closest thing to a tickling Gathering)

Otherwise,I would be all over the place at a Gathering(tickling all of the ladies there,and then getting tickled back by them).

Distance,expense,being able to get time off from work are issues for many...

in all honesty, i just have yet to get the time to do it. that and something always comes up. my girl and i had plans to be at this year's NEST, but with the family affairs and crazy job situations...well, you know what they say about best laid plans?

but, as we always say "there are always other gatherings"

ChosenofMystra said:

Hmmm... If you could ever make it down to SoCal, our club events are pretty difficult not to fit in at. Whatever your predilections, you'll likely find someone who shares them.

the primary reasons are:

1) although she is a monster, my mustang gets 7 miles per gallon, on premium it costs $80.00 to fill the tank

2) airline travel is not appealing to me whatsoever, i suppose ive seen too many movies

3) not 100% sure i would be comfortable at such an event YET, but at some point i would like to make it out to NEST around 2008/2009 .....

if there were a closer gathering, or if i knew more people involved in the scene, it would be a bit easier, but for now the TMF is just fine.... :wavingguy

I haven't had the opportunity since I recently switched jobs and need time to build up vacation days. But I am going to NEST to see for myself what a gathering is.

Wow, what a loaded question~whew! Well, as one my area's noisest cheerleaders of our events, I'm going to try and tackle this without hurting anyone's feelings (those I care about that is) as best I can...

A lot of my IRL TMF friends just simply feel more comfortable with the more intimate one-on-one experience, end of story. Other friends work in the very public eye (as celebrities, doctors, lawyers, etc.) They're just protective of that privacy, because they have to be. Their jobs, their lives and maybe the fact that they have families depend upon that trust and our silence, which I would never violate and they know that, I've built a reputation on it. Some of the asshats around here give way TMI. Its sloppy, its irresponsible, potentially dangerous... it gives those of us who have to be careful a bad name, scares "normal" people off and the offenders are too stupid to recognize it and accept responsibility.

Aside from that, I find a lot of the excuses chickenshit. I bank time all year so I can play with my TMF friends. No one hates to fly more than I do, but if my Goddess bellystrokes is holding an LA event and I can afford the faire, I'm there. A lot of times with financial help that I didn't ask for, my babes just offer if they knew the timing was a hardship and they wanted me there regardless, how amazing is that? :redheart: This is love. Many TMF friends visit me from all the way across the country even. A lot of times it's piggybacking on other events but I don't care~hell if I can host for you, I sure as heck will! There are so many generous people here who will kill themselves to help you get from train station, bus station, etc., it's crazy. All you have to do is ask. Goddess and a much-missed male friend drove SIX hours out of their way so I could attend last summer's Beach House party, knowing how much I suffer from panic attacks behind the wheel~how can you beat that???

And if your rep is solid here, like yours is, Chosen of M, I guarantee, you'll fit in at our LA parties~no matter what your freaky is, someone there can top ya! 😛
XOXO

I fly out to San Jose every couple of months for gatherings, and I'm going to be at NEST in a few weeks, too. 🙂

I've talked to a lot of people in the years that I've been a member here, and many of them had never been to a gathering, for various reasons. Strangely, I can't recall talking to one person who went to a gathering and didn't want to go to another.

My advice? Try it, you'll probably like it.

I was about to ask around the same question.

There was a person, who had not been to any gatherings, who had taken me up on an offer of a ride. They contacted me 2 hours before I was supposed to leave, to say they didn't feel up to being tickled and that there was no bus running to the place I was supposed to pick them up. I offered to pick them up at their house and still no go. Offered to meet for coffee since gatherings are big -- didn't have time on the way up (Saturday) but hoped for the way back (Sunday.) Did not hear back from them on Sunday.

People just won't come until they're ready.

I wouldn't go to London to see Jessica Alba...why would I go there just to visit some people into tickling? I'm into it...thats all that matters to me...don't need to be part of some "click" or some "weird fetish party."

lo there ^^

Why dont I go to tickle gatherings?

I suppose im just not ready to go that far yet. Being 21 im only just getting used to the whole freedom to do what I like stuff lol. Londons only 2 hours on the train from Yeovil so travel isnt a problem.
Im pushing my boundries and thinking of trying a ticklish mistress session, which scares the hell out of me but i know i will go because im curious. After that who knows what ill try next...the T-Party seems a good bet :upsidedow

have fun ^^
Ray

Geez, some folks just don't WANT that sort of deal.

Some want one-on-one.

Some don't dig large mobs.

Some ONLY dig large mobs.

Most get nervous.

Etc., etc. There's a lotta variables to why folks get goin'. A reality check, though. I've had many GREAT events with 8 people. Playin' 'til 3am in several instances. Knockin' off before midnight's usually difficult, even with a calm crew, and just a couple of 'lees being fabulously attended.

Keep in mind that NEST draws worldwide, as West Coast Gatherings once did, and NEST is STILL the largest, with numbers barely cresting 3 digits. There's millions of people online, and tens of thousands that read this site.

LOTS of folks have trouble getting over their own nervousness to come. Some folks also have unreal expectations, self-doubt, etc.

Havin' 15 is a good thing. If there's any 'lees, it's a great thing.

My $0.02,

dvnc

Edge said:
I wouldn't go to London to see Jessica Alba...why would I go there just to visit some people into tickling? I'm into it...thats all that matters to me...don't need to be part of some "click" or some "weird fetish party."

I couldn't agree with you less!

No one's requiring you to become some sort of clique or some wierd fetish party. Have you ever gone to a gathering? They have people from many walks of life who love their tickling passions in their own way. If you want to participate, there are some who will accomodate (I made a rhyme). If you want to only observe, that option is there as well. I was a combo package; I wanted to play, but I was too scared. People were very patient with me and eventually, not only did I play, I was also the lee--I had a great time.

If you've never been, you shouldn't judge until you go........ :tickle:

I'm of the perspective that folks that think such things are negative really SHOULDN'T go. Far simpler to not confuse their lives that way.

The folks that DO dig such social contact and play will go, anyway.

I'd agree with dvnc. 15 is a nice number. I had a wonderful time at NEST last year. Overall I learned that I prefer a more intimate gathering though. Really large ones have such a carnival atmosphere, so busy, so much going on, some people maybe just aren't "party-types."

IMHO, if everyone who comes is having an enjoyable time, you're doing everything right.

Distance is the obvious problem for me.
I'm not exactly a 'short drive' away!! lol :upsidedow

Though I do plan on attending a gathering in the future I am a little nervous about being exposed. I've never met anyone with this fetish and I've never spoke about it out loud before. I also tend to be queit around strangers. But I am curious to know what that's like. :xpeepsofa

Two things here for me (as I live in London).

1) I have seen your party dates, but I am also a shift worker over 7 days, and not once has one of your parties coincided with either me not working or not having a prior arrangement (so it is entirely your fault for not knowing my rota).

2) The other thing (and this is probably more important) as a single white male in his mid forties, I would feel really put off and embarrased if everyone who turned up was in their twenties or early thirties (i.e. I would start to feel everyone would be looking at me as if I was some sort of predatory desperate dirty old man - which is of course what I am but I do so hate people thinking it).

I was just chatting about this to someone from the forum at the w-end as we are both from England and I saw one of the threads about a gathering.

Sounds like loads of fun and an opportunity to meet like minded people and possibly make new friends etc, but, I'm quite a shy person and would feel out of place, as do a lot of first timers I should think til they get chatting.

Who knows maybe one day we shall make a show, with quivering knees and chattering teeth 😛

From the posts about NEST it sure does sound like a great gathering and fun time had by all, can't wait to read the posts after this coming one hehe :grouphug:

Location,Location, Location!

For me it's all about the travel and time off from work. I would love to attend this years NEST but distance and vacation time are major issues. Would any of you consider hosting a party or munch here in Vegas? I find it quite interesting that I live in Sin City(America's Adult Playground) and we have not had one gathering. Remember, this town has 24hr "everything". In my opinon, this would be the perfect spot. It doesent even have to have any action. I'd love to just sit and chat and share a few drinks with other people who are into this fetish. No play needed. Many of my friends know about my love for tickling I'd just like to meet someone else face to face who's into our scene...

my .02 cents

I was very nervous about going to my first gathering (SBG in Albany in January 2003), but soon found that it was fun to be in a place where everybody understood my interests.

So now I do go to gatherings. 😀

Simply put:

Distance: as I live in Portugal
Timing: Take this year´s NEST, I can´t take hollydays during that time because of some internal issues in my companie.

Next year will also be hard as I´m going to start a major in finance area which combined with my work won´t leave much time.

But hey, if anyone comes to Portugal feel free to tell me and sure I can buy you some drink and help you find the best places around.

So this is it, no big secret! 🙂

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back