• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Windows 7 question

HOLLYWOOD

2nd Level Yellow Feather
the hollywood brother was wondering if anyone knows how to make a original microsoft sidewinder gamepad that uses the standart gameport work and be detected by windows7? also can you use a regular gamepad or do you have to upgrade to a USB one?

My old Dimension 8300 has a gameport on the sound card and is running Windows XP. I can't even get my old sidewinder to work on that. Evidently there were never any drivers made for it. I finally bought a fairly inexpensive Saitek controller and it's been far better than the Sidewinder anyway.

the hollywood brother apoligizes for putting this thread in the wrong section and the hollywood brother would also like to thank the hollywood brother fans that have posted on this thread

I realize this is kinda old by now, but I figured answering it wouldn't hurt anyway.

As of now there really is no way to make your sidewinder work on Win7. There are no official or unofficial drivers (MS needs some more money, you know?), and even using a USB converter won't net any better results.

Do you have a PS3 or X360? You can use those controllers on the PC as well, so if you haven't already bought a new gamepad that might work for you as well.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back