• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Windows Live Movie Maker and blurry slideshows.

cassandra1

TMF Master
Recently I started making a slideshow using Windows Live Movie Maker. The pics are high resolution and looked normal in the preview window. But when I created the movie, they appear to be slightly blurry :huh . The thing is, I intend to add more pics to the same slideshow by editing the video containing the first set of pics, adding the new pics at the end and creating a new video that now includes the new pics, after which I delete the old video.

But after doing so, I noticed that a section of the new video (the part with the first set of pics) is even more blurry than the first one. I tried creating the video again using different resolutions and the result is the same, while setting the resolution too high shrinks the pics. In fact, it seems like each time I create a video that includes an existing video, the result is increasingly blurry. 😱 And no, I didn't add any transitions or effects that would cause it.

I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find anything, which is strange as there are so many FAQ sites for Movie Maker and none provided any advice. I'm asking this question here since, surely, some of you must have created clips using Movie Maker before. Does anyone have a solution or an explanation for why this happens?

What's happening is your getting a generation loss by doing it in that method. By tagging an already pre-edited/pre-produced video into movie maker, it knocks it down 1 generation. Basicly the equal to taking an old VHS tape, making a copy and then making another copy of that copy.

Free video producing software like movie maker isn't going to have the capacity to do much of lossless quality. However, for the best results, you wanna save in highest quality WMV format, if you haven't tried that already.

The other option, is to do everything in one shot. Which, is gonna make it larger file, and may take forever and day to save depending on your computer speed, but, that would be the way to pull the top notch possible quality out of movie maker.

No way to avoid quality loss other than putting in all the pics at the same time? Awww...

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back