• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Wish me luck

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
A bit over a week ago i switched from paxil to prozac..hoping to get off the meds entirely by the end of Sept..the thing is, i would have just quit the paxil but the withdrawal is a bitch i've heard..and getting off prozac isn't as bad..so i'm using prozac to help with the withdrawal symptoms i am experiencing..some days are worse than others..but i intend to keep at it..i will not go back on paxil..

So wish me luck..i tell you if i had known but i had no choice back then..but if i had known how dangerous it is to quit paxil, well..i don't know..so bare with me if i seem like a total bitch..so by mid Sept the paxil should be completely out of my system, as it can take up to eight weeks for the withdrawal effects to diminish..then by the end of Sept i shall quit the prozac.

Good luck, Isabeau! I might suggest that you give it even longer if necessary? Because, as you mentioned, it can (supposedly) be hell getting off of those meds. You know, just to be on the safe side, maybe take things on into October?

Good luck, Isabeau! I might suggest that you give it even longer if necessary? Because, as you mentioned, it can (supposedly) be hell getting off of those meds. You know, just to be on the safe side, maybe take things on into October?

Ya Rick i might...i don't know..i had one hell of an insomniactic night last night..haven't had that in years...grr...plus the paxil contributes to gradual weight gain...double grr..i don't know...i just don't want to end up like my mom..her problem was she quit xanax plus some other things including alcohol cold turkey..and it sent her right over the edge into insanity..in which she never fully recovered..and it ended up killing her...xanax is a terribly dangerous drug..i know someone who takes them on a daily basis..i mean wtf type of doctor would do that..xanax is so addictive..i've only used it when absolutely necessary and then i remember counting down the hours til my next dosage..i would not be my mom and get addicted to xanax..i saw what it helped contribute in her..

Soma, anyone?

Oh, yeah. They hand that crap out like candy these days. There's an entire generation coming up that's hooked on scrip mood meds. We're so close to Brave New World, it's scary.

But yeah, there's a BIG danger in coming off that crap too quickly. But, it IS possible, and I KNOW you can do it, babe. Just...give it some time. Don't make the same mistake the President is making in Afghanistan by setting an arbitrary schedule for when you HAVE to be off of the meds. If you give yourself as much time as late October, you will still have time to adjust to drug-free living before we careen into another holiday season.

Thanks buggles...and ya Rick i know..today happens to be one of my bad days..no energy..sapped to the bone..almost like depression again..but i'll not give up...this too shall pass..i hope..

I suppose prozac and the others aren't exactly user friendly 🙂 so good luck isabeau

Drugs are bad for you and I hope that you are not on drugs. But in any case good luck and btw, I lost the game

*sighs* i fail..i had to take a paxil last night..yesterday it felt like it did the week before mom died..which was a horrible week, filled with anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia etc..fuck...

Shygirl i'm not on drugs by choice..i was prescribed paxil back in 04 after my mom's rather horrible and not an ordinary death.

Your Mom died a horrible death? I'm SOOO SORRY IZZY. It wasn't a rape/murder was it? If so, is the bastard behind bars?

Izzy,you are supposed to taper off those medications not just completely stop like that.

I think that's what she's trying to do, but you are right, QBBM, it can take weeks or months to effectively ween oneself from those beastly things.

I did hear these medications can cause severe withdrawals.So,when time to stop these medications,Psychiatrists generally taper the patient off of them.I guess I was lucky in that case.I was on Xanax XR for awhile and I just took myself off.I didn't want to be on something like that so,I just stopped.I never had any problems with it.I knew I might but,I didn't so that was good.Of course,I was never put on that high of a dose because I didn't go to a psychiatrist.I went to a family physician

Although xanax is addictive i don't think you suffer many withdrawal symptoms from stopping it..paxil is a time effect drug....xanax is for temporary relief from anxiety etc, while paxil and others like it are a more permanent method..i hate taking meds that effect the mind..but it looks as if i can't quit as easily as i hoped..

Rox hon..my mother had depression with delusions..borderline schizo..she refused all treatments the last time she was hospitalized..and starved to death after two months..as a result of those horrible months and then following her death, in which she weighed 66 pounds..well two weeks after her death, i went into a severe depression..blaming myself..i had hoped this was an unusual occurrence, due to what had happened and the hell i'd been thru for years before her death..but last night, trying to cope..i felt the same way i did before she died, which was a week i never wish to re live..so without much choice, i took a paxil..my doctor wants me on paxil..says he wants me happy..but i thought enough was enough..and wanted free from this type of med..sighs.

Oh,Izzy I'm so sorry to hear that.Some medicines are necessary to keep you well,though.I ended up learning that the hard way.After I stopped taking my medicine a few months later the anxiety returned and it has been worse then it ever was before.
Paxil is a SSRI and they even use SSRIs on teenagers.SSRIs are usually the first choice of Psychiatrists to treat Depression and Anxiety.
You can do a search and learn all about your medication and share any concerns with your Doctor if you are worried.
Here is one site you can look at that will tell you about Paxil
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-9095-PAROXETINE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=6968&drugname=Paxil+Oral&source=1

I hope you get well soon Izzy and that you can eventually get off of the Paxil and not need it,anymore though.But please,give them time to help you and don't rush things.As they say,Rome wasn't built in a day.

Get well soon,hun.

I'm sorry about that Izzy......I know what it's like to lose someone, but sadly not like you do. My cousins in the hospital right now as we speak. -sighs-

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back