• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst Rock Song?

Dr. Bill Kobb

Level of Cherry Feather
Okay, so I was flipping the dial on my teevee the other night, looking for something to watch, and stopped for a sec on some sitcom where a character stated, "You know Jethro Tull's Bungle in the Jungle is the worst rock-n-roll song ever recorded."

As a longtime Tull fan, that hurt. Although in fairness, it is a wretched tune. But, worst EVER? Surely, there are lousier rock songs out there.

Anyone have other nominees?

Uh, doesn't exactly qualify as rock I think but the two worst songs in the world as far as I'm concerned are as follows:

Richard Harris's McArthur Park

Sting's Roxane

Worst Rock Song...

I would have to go with most of what "New Kids on the Block" produced.. Or most boy bands that are musically challenged. I would even settle for Milli Vanilli's secret singers than listen to another boy band on the Radio..

If this were worst rap song I could go on another rant.

What is wrong with Bungle in the Jungle??????

Uh, doesn't exactly qualify as rock I think but the two worst songs in the world as far as I'm concerned are as follows:

Richard Harris's McArthur Park

Sting's Roxane

I would agree with those as two of the very worst songs ever, lol.

I would have to go with most of what "New Kids on the Block" produced.. Or most boy bands that are musically challenged. I would even settle for Milli Vanilli's secret singers than listen to another boy band on the Radio..

If this were worst rap song I could go on another rant.

... New Kids and Milli Vanilli aren't rock and roll, though.

I second "Macarthur Park" and then offer the collective works of Disturbed for consideration. IMO, the band represents everything that is endemically wrong with rock and roll of the 2000s. Obsessed with "message" while ignoring sound. It's a cacaphony of farty guitar tones, overly-effected drums, and enough screamo lyrics to melt your brain.

Baaaaaaaaad.

What's everyone's feeling about the Donna Summer version of "Macarthur Park"?

It's almost just as bad. Compared to other African American singers, Donna just falls short...sometimes she's almost painful to listen too.

I sometimes wonder what must be wrong with me that I like it so much then....

What's with the Roxanne hate? Come on...Sting is just...you have to love Sting :'< he's a cast away, an island lost at sea. (Is a gigantic Sting fanboy)

Anyway...worst rock song ever? I'd say this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCrlyX6XbTU&feature=related

Yeah, yeah some people seem to like it, but I think he just ruined one of the best songs of all time. Ugh, and it plays every day at work, I can't stand it!

If that doesn't count then I'mma have to go with um...I'm not sure. I don't tend to listen to the radio, so I don't hear songs I didn't pick out myself <_<

Last edited:
Tull's my 2nd-favorite band ever, but "Bungle" is pretty bad.....

Hmmm...worst ROCK song? That leaves out anything by Green Day, otherwise they'd have half the bottom 10...

My "Most-Hated Rock Song" is "Man In The Box" by Alice in Chains, which is an awesome song but the rock stations overplayed it TO DEATH for over ten years so I can never stand to hear it again.

Same reason I've come to hate ACDC, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, and even the almighty Led Zeppelin; all truly awesome bands that I can't stand to hear again cause they OVERPLAY them ad-nauseum on the radio.

Richard Harris's McArthur Park...

Damn, is that cake still out there in the rain?🙂

My own vote: Almost everything by Billy Joel. The man's got talent coming out of every pore, so why does he insist on penning the most aggressively insipid pop pablum?

OK, I'll make an exception for "Just The Way You Are". That one's not so bad! And his Four Seasons emulation, "Uptown Girl" (I just know I'm gonna catch it for saying that!

lol, this thread is going to hurt a lot of feelings. I *love* Roxanne. ROOOXXXANNE! But like Rick Tickler's original sentiment, I may love that song, but I couldn't tell you why it isn't a bad song.

I'm going with Styx, the Grand Illusion. GAG!

Last edited:
lol, this thread is going to hurt a lot of feelings. I *love* Roxanne. ROOOXXXANNE! But like Rick Tickler's original sentiment, I may love that song, but I couldn't tell you why it isn't a bad song.

Perhaps because half the song has Sting saying that damn woman's name over and Over and OVER again and Again and AGAIN and the other half is consists of him singing the lyrics like a drunken hobo trying to do karaoke when he's had one tongue surgery too many.

Perhaps because half the song has Sting saying that damn woman's name over and Over and OVER again and Again and AGAIN and the other half is consists of him singing the lyrics like a drunken hobo trying to do karaoke when he's had one tongue surgery too many.

That was low :<

It's true

But it's still low

I work with a lovely young woman named Roxanne. She HATES her name solely because of that song. Everyone sings it at her as if they're the first person to ever consider doing so.

Oh, and I think we may indeed have a new winner with Styx's "Grand Illusion". Jeez, what overblown nonsense!

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back